Ways of players over-working in a World Cup year?

soccer.joel

With so many world class players (Reus, Falcao, Ribery,etc.) out in a World Cup year surely measures should be taken place so that clubs look after their bodies that extra bit in a World Cup year.

Perhaps with shorter seasons but I can't see that working

Maybe just caring about the players more and resting them more

The leagues should reduce the number of clubs per division.

For example, I don't like Serie A has 20 teams. It's too many. Fortunately, they are talking to bring it back to 18. Let's hope that will happen soon.

The only way to keep 20 and keep the players fresh is for every club to have a lot of players, with financial conditions at risk in case the youngsters aren't good enough.

Shorten games to 80 minutes. Think about it. That's 10 less minutes per game. 38 games per season. That's 380 minutes. That's around four whole games worth.

Flawless idea. Nobody would even complain about it :D

Shorten games to 80 minutes. Think about it. That's 10 less minutes per game. 38 games per season. That's 380 minutes. That's around four whole games worth.

Flawless idea. Nobody would even complain about it :D

They would then use this as an excuse to have more games.

Then cut the games down to 70 minutes :brock:

(I know where this is going)

Indeed, less minutes -> more games

We could end up with a season like that of the MLB, with 76 league games. :D

Reus is completely fit, his injury has nothing to do with the length of the season. Unlucky, is all. Falcao got injured half way through the season. Most of these injuries seem to be ACL anyway, nothing you can do about that by shortening the amount of time played. Well. Keep them on the bench all year I suppose and be careful what you train on, too ^^

Archived