Assistant manager picks no subs and 2 GK's for U21 game!

Hi all, did a search but couldn't find anything so need help.

I let my ass man run the U21 team and twice now he has picked a GK in an outfiled position and no subs. Has anyone else had this problem and other than taking control of the U21's how do you stop it happening?

Thanks

p.s. he has around 40 players at his disposal so not enough free outfiled players to choose from isn't a problem

Same here. I've experienced this, even with a dedicated U21 manager who is one of the best available to my club, playing a GK at left-back, even though plenty of fit and available outfield players were at his disposal

This issue should be avoided if you ensure that all players in the u21 squad are available for selection, you can check by right-clicking on a player to open up their menu tree & under available for [team] there will be a marker to show that they can be selected.

The default setting of available for selection can be lost if players are regularly switched between squads.

Surely naming outfield players on the bench and bringing them on means that the manager did have enough players available though?

This issue should be avoided if you ensure that all players in the u21 squad are available for selection, you can check by right-clicking on a player to open up their menu tree & under available for [team] there will be a marker to show that they can be selected.

The default setting of available for selection can be lost if players are regularly switched between squads.

i do regularly make players available from the 1st team and then switch it back so will have a look tonight to see if thats the case thanks Alex

Archived