Worst transfer?

I was newly promoted to the Premier league as Colwyn Bay, and I needed a striker that would score goals; my previous striker was a loaner from Man United I believe. I transferred in a Serbian regen striker and he scored 2 goals in 25 matches... Sure, he had 6 assists as well, but I wanted him to score goals D: He costs me 8 million dollars as well, and nearly sent me back down to the championship. What's your worst?

The one that stands out for me was back on FM09 or was it FM10 I can't remember exactly.

Anyway I was a Swedish club newly promoted to the top division and really excited when I managed to sign a 5* 21yo Danish MC on a bosman who was going to be my talisman as playmaker.

After about two league games he announced he was homesick which was the start of the problems. He had three spells on leave during the season and while he was at the club played around 20 games averaging approx 6.5. By the end of the season I was more than happy to palm him off back to Denmark for next to nothing.

In FM 07 I bought Klass Jan Huntelaar for I think £30m (or £15m), he was my first big money signing. He basically didn't score at all, only scoring in the Europa League and against lower league opposition, you know the kind. He had 15+ in all the attributes and obviously is a very good striker, but not here...

As Hibernian on FM12 I bought a Finnish AM for £7.5million (all but £500k of my budget). He got homesick, missed three training sessions, and played only 7 games in 3 years before I let him go for free at a massive loss. His average rating was about 6.4 from what I remember and he didn't score any goals or get any assists. I know it wasn't a massive transfer compared to the later deals that I got involved in on the save, but it was a massive disappointment to spend most of my Champions League budget on one player in the second season and for him to be so rubbish.

To top everything off he went to the MLS and played quite well afterwards -- his attitude just absolutely stank when he was with me, and the scout reports were awful...

Archived