The Anyone But Netherlands Thread

Hom3r

As requested, I have set up a thread for all those who are ABN's and are rooting against the Dutch this summer.

arjen_robben_10.jpg

pa-1551760.jpg

dejong.jpg

Feel free to post any other disgusting acts or stories that we have seen from the Netherlands in major tournaments. I'm sick of hearing about them as "dark horses" or "contenders" when everyone knows they will ultimately disappoint. I mean what other nation who has never won the World Cup gets as much attention as a possible winner? I also don't like to see people like Clarence Seedorf or Ruud Gullit pop up on British TV punditry to give more insight on minnow nations and taking away opportunities for the likes of Sherwood to give analysis on the games. Their support is constantly overrated by loads of people dressing up in Orange and considered the best despite everyone knowing that Swedish fans are far superior.

I await to hear more classic "UNREST IN THE DUTCH CAMP" being the excuse for another Quarter Final exit.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Man, I just realized we reached three finals and England only one. Winning is just overrated. We're so much better than the inventors of the game!

it's not about who invented it, it's down to who evolved and perfects/perfected it surely. England's crap at tennis, now trying to climb back up again in the women's game, but they invented it.

There are three reasons to not want the Netherlands to do well 1) their infighting stories are always hilarious 2) how the acted in the last world cup final 3) how entertaining it will be to see the press spin their failure into Man U stories

Oh and also because I hate Van Persie

howcome it's the Netherlands plural anyway, as that seems the equivalent of the Low Countries i.e. including Flanders? Or is that low countries including Belgium as a whole?

Holland a nono even to me

• SI Staff
howcome it's the Netherlands plural anyway, as that seems the equivalent of the Low Countries i.e. including Flanders? Or is that low countries including Belgium as a whole?

Holland a nono even to me

Used to be a few areas: http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republiek_der_Zeven_Verenigde_Nederlanden and http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geschiedenis_van_de_Bourgondische_Nederlanden

That's how it originated.

what are Aruba and Suriname for example, provinces?

Aruba is part of the Kingdom of the Netherlands (as a separate but not independant country). Suriname has been independant since 1975

• SI Staff

Aruba and the other islands used to form the Dutch Antilles. Aruba have been independent since 1986.

In 2010 the Dutch Antilles ceased to exist. Nowadays the "Dutch Caribbean" are partly autonomous aswell (Curacao and Sint-Maarten)

Bonaire, Saba and St. Eustatius are considered (overseas) municipalities.

Aruba and the other islands used to form the Dutch Antilles. Aruba have been independent since 1986.

In 2010 the Dutch Antilles ceased to exist. Nowadays the "Dutch Caribbean" are partly autonomous aswell (Curacao and Sint-Maarten)

Bonaire, Saba and St. Eustatius are considered (overseas) municipalities.

Reserving Balkenende's VOC-mentality legacy, I see.

• SI Staff
but iirc in the caribbean they can vote for the Dutch parliament right? do they have separate institutions or representatives there in the 1st or 2nd Kamer?

B, S and E can vote and vote for the Dutch parliament.

Considering their location they also have local representatives. Not sure if they are a representation of the actual Dutch parties - but I doubt that. :)

No, it would not. Trust me. It festers up every now and again still.

WAIT! First we have to debate whether our summer is too hot/cold/dry/wet, then we have to debate whether pepernoten are too early.

well plaid indeed, shows the Dutch have class when it comes to those things. Think we Belgians can learn from that as our war history and the way we commemorate it is not as it should be.

• SI Staff
yeah nothing says "I'm a scumbag!" like spitting on someone, twice. "that was so epic" :D ****ing hell, Dutch such animals.

Epic as in an epic tale? Epic in not being a judgment call for being positive or negative? Can't believe the stupidity of some users in here.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived