The 2007 FMS Awards *LIVE* from the Town Hall, Springfield - (Sponsored by the Kwik-E-Mart)

Peacemaker7

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">*chuckle* As usual RL keeps me away from the live proceedings </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Which is a shame in some ways, mainly that you miss out on the 'fun'.

Congrats on your own award. I think Spirit of FMS is quite possibly fitting that you will be the last ever winner of this award Faramir, because throughout the time you've been on this forum you have always been quietly consistent in your writing and participation.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark wilson27:

Well done to all those who won, At least I won my bet for hat returns I get icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mark - if that is your real name - you've won the biggest FMS award of all, recognition icon_wink.gif

Look forward to you picking up a few more solid awards in the future though, and never forget, HD is one of the most talented writers in this forums history but it took him 7 years to win anyway and whenever we feel sad we can remember that - and laugh icon_wink.gif

A few congratulations are in order me thinks icon_smile.gif

PM7 - Hall of Fame. Fully deserved for a genius of a talent icon_smile.gif

Terk - Your writing ability is top class and it's good to see you recognised for it icon_smile.gif as Faramir said, you do work extremely hard on the forums and we all owe you a debt of gratitude

BobBev - The challenge award is all yours, and I think we should let you keep the trophy (sort of like a world cup rule icon_wink.gif)

IrishRegan - Nice to see you awarded for an excellent effort icon_smile.gif

Well Done to all other award winners and you never know, we might all be joining PM7 in the H of F one day

KUTGW everyone icon_smile.gif

sherm

First of all. congratulations to all winners, and a huge icon14.gif to the organisation this year. Excellent running of the annual FMS highlight. I'm dreadfully sorry I missed it yesterday. Somehow, my connection cut out moments after my first post in this thread. Even texted HD to check if it was just me (which I figured was most likely, since I could access almost nothing on the net until just now). Somehow though, even at work this morning, sigames failed to load, or loaded ultra-slowly.

The above is an elaborate excuse to hide the fact I collapsed after my first shandy and slept in the corner of your smelly Kwik-E-Mart for the rest of the night.

Special congrats on PM on his HoF place, and on Amaroq´s quadruple, which I correctly predicted, being the talent spotter I am icon_cool.gif

And since PM started it, Best n00b was mine if it wasn't rigged in 2000 icon_mad.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">HD- Iain, it was great to see you win an award- something that could (and probably should have) happened more in the past. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Damn straight. You just can't get the voters to do what you want in this forum. Bloody democracy. icon_frown.gif

Gutted to pass my funniest writer title over to PM7 who couldn't joke his way out of a paper bag, but other than that, the ceremony seems to have gone well.

Except for you all voting for the wrong people, but that's to be expected when the electorate is so damn stupid.

Love you guys! :kiss:

*Bursts Through the doors*

*Looks Slightly the worse for wear*

*Is sluring his speech quite alot*

"Hey everyone ! They're doing a special buy 14 Duff's and get the 15th one Free promotion ! You Gotta Go there, everyone ! ........

Everyone ???

Everyone ?? Aww hell, I've gone and missed it again haven't I."

*Sits down. Cries the tears of a former champion reduced to drink.*

Seriously though. Congrats to everyone who won, especially Amaroq and irishreagan, who's stories I have really enjoyed this year. And thanks for the namecheck, Amaroq, it really chokes me up, you know (not really but it's nice to know a bit of well placed encouragement helps.)

Bad luck to MarkWilson27, who was my personal favourite to take the newcomer's crown. In fact, as has been said, any one of those guys in for the newcomer's crown could have worn that badge with pride, but let's face it guys in the face of the Amaroq juggernaught we're all going to get squished.

Keep it up lads, and here's to next year's FMS Awards. Until the next time, I bid you adieu.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived