When do you cut your losses?

Okay, so I joined Mallorca after my fairly poor Ghana campaign. They were just promoted to La Liga, but they were the third promotion and, well, things are going... disasterously. 7 losses, 1 win. My defense is the worst in the league. I've let in 25 goals in 8 games; my attack is actually fairly good for how much wages I have, 11 goals; I got 3 away to Madrid, and it was pretty hilarious because 2 of those were in the first 10 minutes and it was basically the FA cup final :lol: except I wish my team was as good as Hull :( Of course I've had to face Barca, Valencia (who are the top of the table atm), and Madrid so I've had some hard teams...

Anyway, do you have to just cut your losses at some point? I'm sure someone better than I at the game could keep Mallorca up, but that's not very in the spirit of things. I'm not even sure it's my tactics that are the issue, because I kept Cardiff up in the first season of the game. It wasn't great, 15th or so, but I never got into such a bad run and, at the very least, they had FAR more budget than I have at Mallorca.

I keep going until they sack me. On my current save after a promotion (also in Spain) I was on 2 points at Christmas. Needless to say I didn't keep them up. But 2 seasons later, I won the league with a much stronger squad so ready to give it another crack. I would say don't call it a day until the board does it for you!

If you're still finding the save interesting and fun I'd say keep it up until the board pulls the plug. If you'd rather do something else then resign. It's all up to you really. Personally I tend to stick with a team until the board sacks me no matter which way things are going. Good luck :)

I actually did rack up some wins (2 more!) and a couple draws, including one to Bilbao, so I'm in a much better position; It was also bolstered by a couple of new signings, including a new GK and a new centerback. Funny thing is, the lowest team on the table has only won once in 15.

It was away at Barcelona :confused:

I never do, I've only ever resigned once in FM, and that was at Leverkusen when they tried to make me apologize for showing interest in another job after bringing them back to back league wins. A matter of principle and all that :D

I've been sacked a few times, but I find it much more fun to keep trying to figure it out until that happens.

I only resign when I've done all I can. For example I won all 6 trophies in a season with Barcelona in a Barca/Real Network match and then resigned. I've also resigned I've managed Brighton and easily survived every season but couldn't break into the top 6 no matter how hard I tried.

Archived