Group B - Spain, The Netherlands, Chile, Australia - 13/6, 18/6, 23/6

DJ

13/6 ES-NL

13/6 CHI-AUS

18/6 AUS-NL

18/6 ES-CHI

23/6 NL-CHI

23/6 AUS-ES

The finalists of the last world cup will determine who become numbers 1 and 2 in the group in the first match. Right?

I wish it was so easy...

It is incredibly easy for Oranje to get kicked out of this group. Spain are still giants and Chile are a great team. The only team that theoretically could be beat by all three is Australia, but with the state of our defense anything could happen.

Then again, the number two from this group will play against the winner from the group of Brasil. It hardly matter if that's Oranje, Chile or Australia. End of the road, there is no way that Brasil will not make at least the last four.

End of the road, there is no way that Brasil will not make at least the last four.

Never underestimate Brazil's talent of choking and self-destruction!

Australia should lose all games, but the other 3 should be interesting.

All this choking nonsense.

A world cup is just a couple of matches, it can go wrong for anyone. The slightest detail can knock you out, regardless of how much effort you put in or how good you are.

This!

People forget that for however talented a team is and however much preparation they've done, the opponent has done the same! (Although obviously might have less talent). On this stage, anything can happen.

All this choking nonsense.

A world cup is just a couple of matches, it can go wrong for anyone. The slightest detail can knock you out, regardless of how much effort you put in or how good you are.

The best laid plans

You got a tough opening game and lose and suddenly it's pressure on! You get the so-called weakest team in the group against the best and they manage a draw and then the whole group is up in the air

Basically, see France lately

• SI Staff

Indeed, there was no reason to lose to Denmark - we were better in field play - had more opportunities but apart from the post nothing was good enough. Krohn-Dehli scored an ugly goal. Bam..

Germany pretty much annihilated us, although we perhaps could have stolen a point. It was all or nothing against Portugal. Went allright for a bit (I think we went up 0-1? or was it 1-1?) and then we buggered it up.

Had we defeated Denmark, it would have been completely different. But yeah, Captain Hindsight!

I was out when Spain won the world cup, but when I guessed the score right when I asked someone who watched the game

2010 was all about the possession and letting Villa rip it. Was more balanced in 2012 (though they were close to danger against Portugal, Croatia & Italy). Basically anyone with a tight defense

Did Villa start every game in 2012 and did he score many? Really can't remember. Shame they haven't got a striker at that level now, he was unreal a few years ago. Still hoping they start him in Brazil though.

Archived