The Official Holland aka The Netherlands aka Oranje thread

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Argentinians managed to shut us out (without parking the bus like CRC) just as we managed to kill their attacking intentions. A dire match, to be honest, but also the result of two good defensive strategies.

IMO this Dutch team punched well above their weight. To reach the HF with dross from the Eredivisie is nothing short of amazing. Anyone trying to ridicule LvG here is making a total fool of themselves.

Having said that, I think that we probably should have risked more towards the end of the match. But then again, that might just have given Messi the few centimeters he needed. Even in hindsight it's impossible to call. RvP was utterly invisible, too. Him off, Hunter on earlier?

yeah that's why you don't put one of your best penalty kickers in 5th position.

Remember when that happened to CRonaldo with Portugal, think it was in the euros semi final?

The GENIUS Van Gaal mada a MISTAKE!!!

Huntelaar missed 4 from his last 6 penalties for Schalke. I don't think he is very good at it. If he is your best penalty taker you will have a problem anyway and you will definitely need Tim Krul to compensate that!

And who the hell nominates ****ing Ron Vlaar to take the first penalty ffs? :D

There's comments from Van Gaal going round that suggest he didn't want Vlaar first up either, but his first two choices for the No.1 penalty didn't want it.

Good effort all along. :thup: Although I bet Van Gaal regrets that the game against Costa Rica went into penalties. The players were visibly quite tired after 45 minutes.

I think it's possible that Huntelaar was supposed to be the first. I don't think Robben, Sneijder, and Kuijt are the type that don't want to take responsibilities. They step up when it's needed. The 5th could then be Clasie.

Archived