The Official Holland aka The Netherlands aka Oranje thread

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think anyone played badly in the first place, but there were some individual instances of silliness or lack of concentration. Vlaar and de Vrij both let a ball jump off their foot to an opponent and I think Sneijder caused a dangerous counter attack by a careless pass. He hasn't really come into his game yet, maybe his position is such that he can't unleash many of his mighty shots, but I'm pretty sure he'll be of use with that yet.

Oranje Boven!

How does this one continue these days anyway?

Leve de ko-ho-ning?

Anyway, hup Holland! These Mexicans are good, but also counterable like Chile.

All that whining about Robben's "dive", people seem to forget he got 2 penalty fouls against him at the end of the first half, and didnt get jack ****..... Justice is basicly served.

You can't get two penalties for two kicks at the same time.

What about the kick on the Mexican player's head in your area? Dutch people conveniently forgetting that ever happened :D

Not to mention Ochoa and his outrageous luck. Had to come to an end some time and that time was yesterday :cool:

In the bar I was watching the game in yesterday there was another bloke who'd go on and on about Ochoa's "luck". I can't say I really understand the thinking. Guy pulls off save after save, game after game, how long do you continue to call it luck and view each instance as unrelated to the rest? After how many saves does it become skill?

I've been waiting to really react to all the "OMG NEVER A PEN ROBBEN CHEAT" stuff for a day now, trying to wait for it to go away. But damn, people do not understand the rules. Yes, Robben did fall over more than he should have, but Marquez steps on his foot the moment he cuts back to shoot/make a pass. If that's not a penalty, I don't know.

Mind you, I'm also convinced we deservedly conceded the Diego Costa one in the first game. A foul is a foul, play acting after it or not.

In the bar I was watching the game in yesterday there was another bloke who'd go on and on about Ochoa's "luck". I can't say I really understand the thinking. Guy pulls off save after save, game after game, how long do you continue to call it luck and view each instance as unrelated to the rest? After how many saves does it become skill?

Haven't really seen the Brazil game up close, but I noticed almost all the chances last game were shot against him. You can call that good positioning, bad shooting or whatever you call it, but I'll defend calling it luck.

I've been waiting to really react to all the "OMG NEVER A PEN ROBBEN CHEAT" stuff for a day now, trying to wait for it to go away. But damn, people do not understand the rules. Yes, Robben did fall over more than he should have, but Marquez steps on his foot the moment he cuts back to shoot/make a pass. If that's not a penalty, I don't know.

Mind you, I'm also convinced we deservedly conceded the Diego Costa one in the first game. A foul is a foul, play acting after it or not.

You waited for a whole day? Dear me, how on earth did you manage that :D

You can't get two penalties for two kicks at the same time.

What about the kick on the Mexican player's head in your area? Dutch people conveniently forgetting that ever happened :D

Both kicks were penalty worthy fouls, which i said, i didnt say he should get 2 penalties for those 2 lol......

About the headkick, he dived his head down, dutch guy kicks ball away (so plays ball), then the guy's head hits the foot. If you think thats a foul......... (even worse, a penalty foul? lol).....

Nah, he stepped on the defender's leg, thats not fouling him.

All that whining about Robben's "dive", people seem to forget he got 2 penalty fouls against him at the end of the first half, and didnt get jack ****..... Justice is basicly served.

Yeah, that's how it works

If we're talking about evening up his legit pens vs his dives let's get the notebook out, shall we .... ;)

Off course he's been great, but there were several shots that happened to hit him from a few yards out, there is no way that he could react, just happened to be there. Then the ball off his fists on the post...

Yeah, that's how it works

If we're talking about evening up his legit pens vs his dives let's get the notebook out, shall we .... ;)

Yeah, let's. You'd be amazed once you lift the 'If Robben falls it has to be a dive'-glasses. The fact that he makes most of most contacts does not mean the contacts aren't there.

• SI Staff

Never in a million years should that have been a penalty.

Robben was fouled by two players in the first half, we deserved a penalty there.

There was contact in the 90+4th minute. But I wouldn't have given a penalty.

De Jong seems to be out for the rest of the tournament, which is unfortunate

then again at some point Louis said he didn't need a player like him certain games anyway. Plus a half-brain Martins Indi being back.

• SI Staff
then again at some point Louis said he didn't need a player like him certain games anyway. Plus a half-brain Martins Indi being back.

He's fluent in Portuguese, so I'm not sure about that half-brain comment? :D

He's fluent in Portuguese, so I'm not sure about that half-brain comment? :D

I am. Seeing his interviews and reading back interviews with him, he's so, so dumb. Good defender though.

Last thought on Robben: I clearly think it was a penalty, since Marquez sticks out his leg, making contact and missing the ball completely. But I can live with not a single non-Dutchman agreeing with me, Robben is a bit of an insufferable person, so I see where it comes from.

Every time Robben is fouled, the jealous crew cry 'dive' and thus 'prove' to themselves he dives on every contact. Observation bias or whatever it's called. They can go take a hike and cry in a corner. As I say more often: Oranje is fighting fire with fire these days.

For yonks years we've been the mugs playing beautiful football. Now that we play realistically, we are all of a sudden the villains for cheating like other teams do. And we're not even that bad.

Some of these South American teams seem to have the instruction to dribble, then pass, then fall down in case the pass doesn't connect, you never know, you may get a FK. Every fupping time. See Blind against Chile. Persistent fouling? Persistent diving more like it. If Robben does that, it's the most heinous crime and worthy of a Suarez-like punishment, how ridiculous is that really. :D

Measuring with two measures.

Official now: de Jong has slightly torn his groin muscle, recovery 4-6 weeks. Great pity, for him and for the team.

Surely he will be a huge miss in the knockout matches now? First Strootman and now de Jong. Not exactly what van Gaal is dreaming about.

For what it's worth, I thought it was a penner on Robben. He clearly acts too, but there is contact as well. In any case, not close to as terrible a decision as the one on Fred.

Yeah, let's. You'd be amazed once you lift the 'If Robben falls it has to be a dive'-glasses. The fact that he makes most of most contacts does not mean the contacts aren't there.

Ah that's ok because you get a penalty for 'contact', don't you.

Archived