The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by deanb291186:

Is that the thing someone was alluding to on RI earlier? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

possibly but pureessence is a wum anyway

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Daaaaaaaaaave so boring, **** off to your own thread.

Franny, you're a red anyway tbf </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

:************************************(

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by deanb291186:

Is that the thing someone was alluding to on RI earlier? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

possibly but pureessence is a wum anyway </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He got the swiss game right though. Said pens this morn. 16-1.

Manchester United Line-Up next season

Van Der Sarr

Neville/Rio/Vidic/Heinze

Mascherano £15m

Lennon £13m/Scholes/Giggs

Rooney/Torres(the new baby faced assasin) £25

Other Signings will be:

Kerlon £8m (loaned out)

Muntari £6m (used mainly as a sub for Scholes)

Nolan £5m (most likely in January though)

Young £5m (January or next summer)

Outs:

Ruud £10m (PSV or Bayern)

Ronaldo £22m (Real Madrid)

Silvestre £4m (Lyon or Marseille)

Rossi £loan (Rangers or Pompey)

Milner £2m (Watford)

LOLZ!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Daaaaave:

Van Der Sarr

Neville/Rio/Vidic/Heinze

Mascherano £15m

Other Signings will be:

Kerlon £8m (loaned out)

Outs:

Milner £2m (Watford)

LOLZ!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

When did we buy him? The sad thing is about the spurs young english lads. Lennon, Carric, and Robbo Im talking bout. We should have been in for all of them. I think between em they cost the same as Evra. Or 1/5 a rio ferdinand. Although Evra should still be given chance to prove himself, surely a goalie a winger and a centre mid we should have been in the market for at that time. Now were looking at paying 7 times what carrick was about for two year back.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Daaaaave:

Van Der Sarr

Neville/Rio/Vidic/Heinze

Mascherano £15m

Other Signings will be:

Kerlon £8m (loaned out)

Outs:

Milner £2m (Watford)

I'd be chuffed with that icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jimmymc:

When did we buy him? The sad thing is about the spurs young english lads. Lennon, Carric, and Robbo Im talking bout. We should have been in for all of them. I think between em they cost the same as Evra. Or 1/5 a rio ferdinand. Although Evra should still be given chance to prove himself, surely a goalie a winger and a centre mid we should have been in the market for at that time. Now were looking at paying 7 times what carrick was about for two year back. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>the problem being if carrick, robinson and lennon had come to man utd they wouldn't be half the players they are now because they'd have never played.

well robinson might have because he was already a very good keeper, but the other 2 there's no way they'd have been 1st team regulars.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

Carrick would have been regular.

And Lennon certainly would have been used throughout the course of a season. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>neither player was good enough when spurs signed them to even be considered for first team roles for man utd, and tbh even now with so much first team experience under their belts i wouldn't see them as anything more than squad players unless there's a vast improvement. lennon would be a better bet than carrick too, but he's just a poor man's ronaldo atm, if ronaldo does move on though then he could be useful.

no way would carrick have been a regular if utd had signed him stright from west ham.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mikey G:

I duno, we (arsenal) were linked with Carrick before spurs signed him, so he probably would have been at least semi-regular for Man Utd. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>he'd have been a squad player for sure, but he wouldn't even now have established himself as first choice i don't think.

even if he were to come now i'd still have scholes & smith in the team ahead of him, injuries permitting.

Scholes yeah, not Smithy though. The experiment to turn him into a midfielder was pretty much a failure, Carrick would get in ahead of him definitely.

Although I guess it all depends on how you get the midfielders to complement each other. If we don't sign a ball-winning midfielder then I suppose he'll still be the best we have at that :/

Van Der Sarr

Neville/Rio/Vidic/Heinze

Mascherano £15m

Other Signings will be:

Kerlon £8m (loaned out)

Outs:

Milner £2m (Watford)

icon_biggrin.gif Yep, I'd laugh at that.

Then I'd laugh my socks off at Liverpool's front line - Bellamy £6m Bent/Kujit £9.5m icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

breaking on ssn that ronaldo has said he will leave united after the world cup if villar mir is elected president in july. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't you just love Spanish elections.

well supposedly mir is the favourite to win the elections and balague is suggesting ronaldo's agent has been in contact to sound out a move.

cant say i would be too bothered in all honesty, would net a tidy fee for a player who will never be as good as some people seem to think he will. at least not in england.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

balague confirming the link is real and their is 'firm contact' between ronaldo and real. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well Balague also said the Torres deal is agreed.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by snipersdream:

Rio had better be tapping up Aaron Lennon as we speak (no one knows the tapping up game better than our Ashton Kutcher). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I expect Neville, Rooney and Rio (and possibly Carrick) should be tapping Lennon up as we type. Threaten to stop him from playing on the Playstation if he doesn't sign for United should work.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Portugal winger Cristiano Ronaldo has said he is "prepared to leave" his club Manchester United and sign for Real Madrid, according to reports in the Spanish press on Tuesday.

Ronaldo has been in contact with a candidate for Real's presidential elections on July 2, Juan Miguel Villar Mir, and is willing to open negotiations should Villar Mir win.

"I have told my agent I am prepared to leave. I want to do it in the best manner possible. I want to play for Real Madrid and dream of doing so," Ronaldo was reported as saying in the Spanish sports daily Marca.

"I have gone with Villar Mir's project because it is serious and follows correct procedures. They have explained to me their plans and the next step is they will talk to Manchester United to open negotiations.

"Other candidates wanted me to sign a document which is not legal. Villar Mir has promised me he will talk to the club and all we have done is talk through an agent."

Ronaldo's sometimes overly flair game - both infuriating and exhilarating in equal measures - would be more suited to La Liga than the rough and tumble Premiership, and manager Alex Ferguson could be willing to cash in on the starlet if he does not want to stay at Old Trafford. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

maybe this is why were looking at kalichenko or whatever that ukraine lads name is. balague seemed to think this wasnt breaking news to united. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah it did come across that way.

As for Kalinichenko, he would be a very short term option as he's not exactly young. The other winger we'll be linked if will probably be Simao, but that is a completely backward step, lets replace a young Ronaldo with someone as good, but a few years older icon_rolleyes.gif If that happens, I might make Mika look like the most optimistic person ever.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Argel:

Let's see what kind of money they are talking. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

£17-18m guarenteed, the rest dependent on success while he's at Madrid.

Archived