The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razor Eddie:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pickles:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 14AlanSmithifb:

Don't know if any of you guys have heard but apprently theres going to be no alcohol on sale in Milan from 7 a.m until after the game this wednesday, due to public order offences or something. icon13.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Morroccans will flog you crates out of the back of their vans. Saves paying €8 for a half pint anyway icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My Guinness was only €5 for a pint in Roma. icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_frown.gif The little bars in the main square were making the most out of us being there I think. We did get free spaghetti bolognese with our beer when we watched Madrid v Juve the night after though icon14.gif

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

I can't believe we've got to almost 5pm today with NO-ONE mentioning that it's essentially Christmas. 26 years ago in Waterford, Ireland, Our Lord and Saviour John O'Shea was born.

Is.

A.

God. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

\o/ Sheasy icon_cool.gificon_biggrin.gif

As for the Milan/Alcohol thing, i'm not going I just thought I better post it in here as I hadn't seen anything about it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Fergie's Scholes concern

Sir Alex Ferguson has warned Paul Scholes that one mistimed tackle could rob him of an appearance at a European final for a second time.

The midfield star missed Manchester United's UEFA Champions League win over Bayern Munich in 1999 on account of suspension and he heads into Wednesday's semi-final against Milan with a booking hanging over him.

Scholes has already served a suspension in Europe this term and Ferguson is fearful that one rash tackle could cost his player dear.

"You cannot send a player out in the semi-final of the European Cup and tell him not to tackle," said Ferguson.

"But Paul has to make sure he doesn't get booked. If he stays on his feet and tackles properly, he won't have a problem.

"In Europe, they just don't accept sliding in. That is where he gets all his bookings.

"We accept it in our country when he slides in but they don't look at it the same way in Europe. It is not filthy or violent conduct, it is all about interpretation."

Ferguson does not feel Milan's players will look to get Scholes booked.

"The second leg would be in progress and one of us would be going to the final, so I do not see any benefit for them in that," he added.

"But Milan don't seem like that kind of side to me anyway. There was nothing like that in the last game we played against them and on Tuesday there was nothing like that either.

"If anyone deserves to play in a final it is Paul and we are all hoping that is the case.

"If he keeps his calm about the game I am sure he will be all right."

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Looks like Fergie can see the inevitable happening too icon_frown.gif, correct though in my opinion Scholes is the most deserving player to never have played in a champions league final.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

haha, just seen this from the Mirror:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">MANCHESTER City legend Mike Summerbee has come up with a novel way of stopping Manchester United next weekend.

City must score to avoid going down in history as the team with fewest top-flight goals at home in a season and Summerbee says locking United in their dressing-room until kick-off might help. He explained: "I don't think we should allow visiting teams to warm up on the pitch. Keep them in the dressingroom until just before kick-off.

Even some of the best players would bottle it having to run out in front of 40-odd thousand." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

he's serious isn't he? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't know about serious, maybe Delusional though, when did City last get 40-odd thousand at Eastlands?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

Keane deserved it just as much after he got booked & dragged us there knowing he would miss it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think Scholes would do the same if he was booked early on.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">A couple of gigs have been organized for ALL REDS traveling to Milan for the semi next week. All supporters clubs, with flags & banners, are welcome. This is organized for Reds, by Reds!!

TUESDAY NIGHT: watch the other semi on a big screen and enjoy one of Milan’s best nightclubs til 3am, at Shocking Club. A night of Manchester music, with the sounds of Pete Boyle, etc. Doors open at 7pm, so we can all watch Liverpool vs Chelsea. Then, once the game is over, the music will kick in for another European night to remember for United fans.

(Venue address: SHOCKING CLUB, Via Bastioni di Porta Nuova 12, Milano. It’s in the Corso Como area. Give your taxi driver this address or take the Metro to Garibaldi station).

WEDNESDAY ALL DAY: Head towards the stadium early! With temperatures hitting the 80s, our outdoor venue next to the San Siro will be perfect for a pre-match party, kicking off at midday. Manchester, Boylie music all day, with gallons of beer, and space for thousands.

(Venue address: CAVALLO DI LEONARDO, Piazzale dello Sport, Milano. Take the Metro to Lotto – nearest station to the San Siro – and we’re on the right in the park just before you get to the stadium).

Both these venues provide a secure meeting place for Reds in Manchester. With United music and beers the priority, we hope to see thousands of you for the pre-match boozing.

If you’re in the city centre, we recommend Bar Magenta, Milan’s biggest and best-known Irish bar (Bar Magenta, Via Carducci 13, Milano). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

might be of interest to you milan-bound bastards

i considered it and ultimately decided that while going to milan would be lovely, returning home to find all my possessions destroyed/binned/on the front lawn and the locks changed would be something of a blow.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 14AlanSmithifb:

Just heard on Sky Sports Sews that there's going to be no segregation between united and chelsea fans at the F.A. cup final, that should make it a little more 'interesting'. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its just the Club Wembley seats, not the whole stadium

So are there any UEFA regulations against us just nailing Scholesy's left peg to the halfway line? That way he can still spray passes all over the shop without going all kamikaze. Could even still do that funny yet effective little run-around-in-a-circle-til-the-marker-gets-dizzy thing he does from time to time to make time and space for a pass.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Eagles delight at dream debut

Goodison Park goalscorer Chris Eagles admits scoring on his Premiership debut was "a dream come true".

With the Reds leading 3-2 against Everton at Goodison Park, the 21-year-old came on as an 86th minute substitute and sealed the win with a goal in the third minute of injury time - at the same time becoming the 20th different United player to score this season.

"I didn't know I was coming on," Eagles told MUTV afterwards. "Ole [Gunnar Solskjaer] went down with 10 minutes to go and the gaffer said, 'Get ready!'. I can't describe what it feels like to win and to score here.

"Every performance for Manchester United, whether it's in the reserves or the first-team, you should always take pride in wearing the shirt. I just go out there to do the basics and want to help the team get a result."

Eagles, a product of the junior Academy programme, has been at United since the age of 13 and, after an initial stumble, showed tremendous composure to curl the ball around Toffees goalkeeper Iain Turner.

"To be honest, I was put through on my left foot and I was going to shoot," Eagles said. "But then my legs started slipping all over the place so I chopped it back onto my right foot. I didn't look at the goal, I just hit it and looked up to see it go around the goalkeeper.

"Scoring in front of the Stretford End would be the ultimate dream, but to do it here, at a ground like this where there is such a big rivalry, is great.

"Just to travel with the first team is wonderful, but to get on today and score is something I've wanted to do ever since I moved up from London at 13." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_cool.gif

must still be absolutely buzzing off that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Apparently was acting like a **** in SugarLounge later mind...

eagles icon_cool.gif

that goal in a strange way reminded me of tony adams' in 97/98 season when he thrashed in against everton to cap off them winning the league. just a remarkable event where you sort of look at it and think - icing on the cake.

just hope we dont blow it now, 4 more points...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

Just heard on Sky Sports Sews that there's going to be no segregation between united and chelsea fans at the F.A. cup final, that should make it a little more 'interesting'. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its just the Club Wembley seats, not the whole stadium </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ah ok icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by titchuk:

This may be a stupid question, but would Dean Ashton work as a striker for us? I just don't see Tottenham selling Berbatov... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't think so and not seen that much for him to be even considered as the kind of class we would require, also the fact that West Ham probably wouldn't sell him to us.

WE'RE ON THE MARCH WITH FERGIES ARMY

WE'RE ALL GOING TO WEMBLEY

AND WE'LL REALLY SHAKE THEM UP

WHEN WE WIN THE FA CUP

CAUSE UNITED ARE THE GREATEST FOOTBALL TEAM

got 3 tickets YAS YAS YAS YAS YAS YAS

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

WHEN WE WIN THE FA CUP

got 3 tickets YAS YAS YAS YAS YAS YAS </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well in mate icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

WHEN WE WIN THE FA CUP

got 3 tickets YAS YAS YAS YAS YAS YAS </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

swap one for a derby ticket? icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by titchuk:

This may be a stupid question, but would Dean Ashton work as a striker for us? I just don't see Tottenham selling Berbatov... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If we are buying we should be looking at a Saha type.

I was browsing redcafe earlier and they were going on about signing Zamora ffs. People should have their eyes taken from them and stored with their brain in whichever dark hole they left that in.

hannigan = dushku > benson > la morte > gellar = caulfield > carpenter </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Acker > Dushku = Benz > SMG > Hannigan > Caulfield > Carpenter = McNab > Romanov = La Morte > Benson > Kramer

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nistelrooy_uk_10:

absolutely fuming atm. booked tickets to see ocean colour scene a few months back, it was meant to be at the beginning of this month, but got postponed. turns out it's this wednesday, didn't realise until yesterday that it fell on the same day as the milan tie. really don't know what to do icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

OCEAN COLOUR SCENE

UNITED-MILAN

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by something less annoying:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nistelrooy_uk_10:

absolutely fuming atm. booked tickets to see ocean colour scene a few months back, it was meant to be at the beginning of this month, but got postponed. turns out it's this wednesday, didn't realise until yesterday that it fell on the same day as the milan tie. really don't know what to do icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

OCEAN COLOUR SCENE

UNITED-MILAN

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

HAHAHAHAHHA SHUT UP YOU CHILDISH ***** HAHAHAHAA

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

hannigan = dushku > benson > la morte > gellar = caulfield > carpenter </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Acker > Dushku = Benz > SMG > Hannigan > Caulfield > Carpenter = McNab > Romanov = La Morte > Benson > Kramer </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

People please.

Hannigan > Benz = Acker > Benson > Romanov = Dushku > Caulfield > Carpenter > Kramer > La Morte > McNab > SMG

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gazz22:

I can't quite believe we're only 90 minutes away from another treble situation. I keep telling myself it's not happening. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

heh, so I'm not the only one

fwiw

99 - Played an italian team in both the quarter and the semi

07 - Played an italian team in both the quarter and the semi

99 - played premiership opposition in every round of the fa cup

07 - played premiership opposition in every round of the fa cup

SPOOKY

not gonna happen but still

well, fulham were't prem opposition in 99 but still

Also in 1998 one of our players came back vilified from a world cup only to prove his true mettle. In 1999 we beat both Middlesborough & Chelsea to win the FA Cup.

In The 1999 CL Semi- after scoring a last minute goal in the home leg that gave United hope, we faced striker Filippo Inzaghi who was played by his then coach, Carlo Ancelotti. In 2nd leg at Juventus.

omgz it carries on

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Also in 1998 one of our players came back vilified from a world cup only to prove his true mettle. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I said that back in July.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

Could've flown straight to Athens.

I mean what would you rather have? United winning the treble, or a girlfriend? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

a roof over my head > both, sadly

• Administrators

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Also in 1998 one of our players came back vilified from a world cup only to prove his true mettle. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I said that back in July. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah but you also said this

Would rather have team of Scousers playing for us than Ronaldo at the moment. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

I said that back in July. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah but you also said this

Would rather have team of Scousers playing for us than Ronaldo at the moment. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>hahaha, wp Juni icon_biggrin.gif

Archived