The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bagpuss:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

what is the ticketing situation for the semi now? Ballot for both away and home?

gonna book my plane tickets on thursday for hopefully munich, dont fancy milan. twats.

Much chance of getting tickets? better on the offical trip?

mon \o/. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i think our plan was official trip to munich

if its milan i'm not too sure what happens </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nazi police cracking more heads. Careful now.

amazing game. amazing feeling. all the tension I felt all through today (some job related) was all released after the first three goals when I let out a massive YAAAAAAAASSSS after each one icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif seriously thought I was about to burst into tears after rooney scored icon_biggrin.gif

fletcher was amazing tonight, just didn't put a foot wrong. smith was unbelievable too.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

there some good titty bars in munich u reckon keef? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Better than that, tbf.

Post-match from Luciano Spalleti...

He said: 'No-one imagined this performance. We suffered from a lack of experience.'

'But Manchester United deserved victory because of the way they played.'

...I would say that Roma got well and truly owned, but at least he managed to admit that Utd deserved victory icon_razz.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nistelrooy_uk_10:

fletcher was amazing tonight, just didn't put a foot wrong. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yep. once again Fletch steps up in a big game (Arsenal cup semi, Liverpool this season, Chelsea home and Arsenal away last season etc). if anyone even DARES bracket him with Richardson again i'm not going to be held responsible for my reaction

think thats the only downside from tonight for me. i naively thought his performance against pompey would mean he wouldnt get to play for us ever again yet next game there he is, thrown onto a big euro game. praying that its just a case of getting a body off for rest rather than believing hes a genuine squad player now.

I have to say wp to Roma for not getting frustrated and just starting to kick players tbh, which is what I'd generally expect of most teams icon14.gif and I think we were trying less than them in the last 30 mins too icon_biggrin.gif, they must've felt humiliated, but can be proud of the way they handled it tbf.

i really thought that bringing Dong on would have been a good idea tonight. Totally in control, creating chances, if he doesnt score, it doesnt matter, if he does, then it helps give him confidence.

PJ mentioned Cathcart, but don't see what good it would have done him, Roma were offering practically nothing by that time in attack and it'd not have been any help in developing him/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

i just can't understand how he can pass to nobody. Twice. In the space of ten minutes. When nobody was near him.

Just beggers belief. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

aye that cross was ridiculous, though I actually think it was just a **** shot tbh, fecking ******.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

i really thought that bringing Dong on would have been a good idea tonight. Totally in control, creating chances, if he doesnt score, it doesnt matter, if he does, then it helps give him confidence.

PJ mentioned Cathcart, but don't see what good it would have done him, Roma were offering practically nothing by that time in attack and it'd not have been any help in developing him/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

aye good to give Evra a run out too, and he did well despite being at right back.

he's still so young though, I reckon someone could give us a couple of million.

Such a shame, because when I used to see him play for the youth team he was by far the best player on the pitch, his positional play and distribution was fantastic, I had really high hopes for him. But his attitude just stinks. I deserved to play today more than him.

Thought Smith was immense tonight. The way he started in the first 15 minutes set the intensity for team for the rest of the first half.

Fletch was also fantastic throughout, never giving the Roma midfield a moment to settle.

Of course we'll get dulled out of the champions league in a sterile 1-1 draw at home to Bayern but at least I can enjoy this for now icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razor Eddie:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SLO_Fila:

Giggs 4?

well it's true though i don't know who assited as i usually was too distracted by the awsome goals and scoreline icon_biggrin.gif

Did Heinze get 1 or 2? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

None.

Carrick, Smudge, Rooney, Ronnie, Ronnie, Carrick and Evra. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was Heinze who passed to Carrick for his 2nd.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SLO_Fila:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razor Eddie:

Giggs 4?

well it's true though i don't know who assited as i usually was too distracted by the awsome goals and scoreline icon_biggrin.gif

None.

It was Heinze who passed to Carrick for his 2nd. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ment assists icon_biggrin.gif Don't think Giggs got 4.

Giggs 4?

None.

Ment assists icon_biggrin.gif Don't think Giggs got 4. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ronaldo assisted Carrick

Giggs for Smith

Giggs for Rooney I think

don't know for Ronaldo, came from the middle of the park

Giggs cross for Ronaldo?

Heinze for Carrick

not sure for Evra, someone on the right

MoM: Fletcher (because in the first 45min, when the game was still in Roma's reach he did perfectly to destroy any possible Roma move and tackled the living hell out of them)

Runner-up: Carrick (probably his best game for us until now. He even stamped his authority on the game which is something he doesn't really do for us).

Then of course honorable mentions are: rest of the team with Ronaldo leading the pack.icon_biggrin.gif

Even O'Shea was good, he owned Mancini completely which is something i was never going to believe before both of the ties. (and when Mancini got passed him, twice i think, Fletcher was there to fix).

Also it was great to see Heinze put in a very solid display again. His last two games were a bit chaotic (not as bad as OTF made him look) but he was rock solid this time around.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ericcantona7:

Giggs 4?

None.

Ronaldo assisted Carrick

Giggs for Smith

Giggs for Rooney I think

Giggs cross for Ronaldo?

Heinze for Carrick

not sure for Evra, someone on the right </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Either Rooney or Solesjaer for Evra. Giggs indeed for Ronaldo's second.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nistelrooy_uk_10:

best thing about fletchers performance was in the 85th minute, he was still hunting down the ball and closing down the roma players as if it was 1st minute.

fletcher >>>>> hargreaves tbh </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah him, Evra and Brown were the only three who kept going right until the last minute, except everytime Ronaldo got the ball and went on a search for a hattrick.

not sure how it compares to the Porto match tbh, but it's up there. It's really hard to judge how good it was, I think we could've scored a few more towards the end, but we (understandably) were taking it easy.

I've seen us dominate premier league games by even greater margins, but usually the goalie saves a couple and we only score 4 or 5.

We were just very efficient today, esp in the first half, barely a misplaced pass, never let Roma keep the ball, no showboating or fancy stuff that you might get from other big European sides, we just did what needed to be done and did it perfectly. That's how you play football.

Really, ****.

Mighty Fletch ftw all the way. Hopefully he'll get a bit more action in the future on the back of this.

Now hopefully Milan over Bayern for the semis. Reckon Milan, Kaka aside, are either off colour (Gilardino) or too old (the defence). Plus Inzaghi's a sheit. Fancy us over them, while Bayern could be reet tricky. Either way, not sure what to make of a Chavski/Bindippers final. Reckon we'd have a better chance over the dippers but you just know they'd summon the '05 jamminess while we put in a performance akin to the FA Cup final of the same year and get dicked on in ET/pens.

On to the doom:

*VDS still butterfingers pretty much every time the ball came his way.

*Homohair still breathing. Seriously, the game is over and the useless tit can't even make a five yard pass. Not fit to wear the shirt.

*Addendum to the above - why not give a run out to Ding Dong/Eagles/Big Craig? Evra, fair enough, could possibly use the run out, but considering the tie was dead and our Kier should be, might as well have given Dong and Chris a dabble. Especially Dong, since a) he's an attacker, and we're lacking, and b) last kick Kieran impression and playing against opponents who don't care aside, Dong looked fairly useful in the Euro friendly of death. Pace, intelligent pass selection and movement, decent range of passing, not being KR23... Why not give him a chance?

*Fergie will blatantly come out saying "Well that's what happens when we come out and attack teams", before unveiling his innovative 9-1-0 formation in the first leg of the semi.

*Kieran Richardson still has a contract. Not good enough. We should pay some filler club £5m to take him off our hands and dedicate #23 to the fans or summat. He makes Jon Greening look a credible Champions League winner ffs.

But yeah, cracking night, ubergiddyness and all that. Expect I'll be much less doomridden once it all sinks in icon_biggrin.gif

Some highlights from the Gazzetta dello Sport front page, kindly translated for me by Google icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

To the Old Trafford the giallorossi come demolished from the Manchester United 7-1, and give the goodbye to the Champions in the crueler way.

The square has won more strongly. This evening in evening of grace. Irresistibile.

Manchester in field with the 4-2-3-1, to image and likeness of the adversaries. Giggs behind the unexpected Smith, wide and “highest†Ronaldo and Rooney.

The Scottish technician has had humility to adapt itself to the adversaries, aware of the insidie of the module giallorosso, and rivoltato the disadvantage in an advantage.

That it goes in advantage with a pearl of Carrick, that marks a inusuale goal for its discreet feet, but not sure noble.

The centrocampista collects to the limit a leaking passage of Ronaldo and it transforms it in a deadly gas-bag.

Giggs, a satanasso, worthy captain of the Red Devils, nozzle Smith, Chivu mistakes the closing, the forward marks 2-0.

Giggs is increased on the right.

The giallorossi try to react like in theirs dna, playing to soccer, with tight passages and before, in the spaces.

A sudden decision of De Rossi ends wide, a powerful punishment of Totti is rejected from Van der Sar.

But the occasions for the heads of household are wasted: a left of Ronaldo to turn on the long pole ends outside of a nothing. A blow from billiards.

The 5-0 comes found of right from Ronaldo, still assisted from the cross operated by remote control of the Giggs usual.

The Manchester plays (accomplice a liquified Rome) as we imagine ourselves you make yourself in Paradise. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Giggsy's remote control and Ronaldo's deadly gas-bag probably the highlights icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The centrocampista collects to the limit a leaking passage of Ronaldo and it transforms it in a deadly gas-bag. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

so ronaldos leaky passage was causing some sort of deadly gas build up which effected the Roma players?

actually just came in here to say well done, good game for the neutrals

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Xennaz:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ericcantona7:

Giggs 4?

None.

Ronaldo assisted Carrick

Giggs for Smith

Giggs for Rooney I think

Giggs cross for Ronaldo?

Heinze for Carrick

not sure for Evra, someone on the right </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Either Rooney or Solesjaer for Evra. Giggs indeed for Ronaldo's second. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Giggs indeed got 4 assists. Giggs is assist for Ronaldo's first as well.

And Ole is for Evra (checked now).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Jules, official trip the best. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Donnie’s magical mystery tours > *

Archived