The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

shotgun his seat. not the driver's seat ofc

although sadly i think we've all been misled by a typo. what keith really means is he's going to eat two marathons in two days (someone ought to tell him they're called snickers now really). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

listen jobles get a fecking job so you can pay me back else the 3rd away will go to jonny icon_razz.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

Dibs on Keith's final ticket. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

heartless bastard, he's not even cold in the ground yet and you're divvying up his posessions icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

shot gun his car and ill drive us to rome \o/. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I actually meant because he will be running a marathon but I assume you got that.

Martin literally praying Keith doesn't make it so he can write off the 5 figure debt icon13.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

martin would be fuxored i've stuck it in my will icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

ofc icon_cool.gificon_biggrin.gif

although worst piece of commentary of the season still belongs to good ol' Clive for the Celtic Park game icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

are you on about the game away at celtic when 1 celtic fans shouted "mon celtic!" and he'd start going on "oh this place is rocking!"?

yes WSR

though he was actually repeating "THIS PLACE IS ROCKING" every 5 minutes, even when there was complete and utter silence

it's like he thought the viewers only had access to sound in the commentary box and couldnt hear the dead crowd atmosphere for themselves

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

keef what is the status on us and rome?

also when are we applying for rome tickets i presume they are going on your card. does martin need my numbers? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well debt boy said he'd be home at 7:30 so who knows when its up for discussion

ah here he is

• Administrators

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">For someone with such a large knowledge of world football, you seem to have missed an awful lot of our performances in europe over the last few years. Our home performances have been patchy at best, our away ones almost uniformly awful. And the worst parts about that have been that a) they've continued this season despite the league resurgance, and b) they've seem to have been as much down to the way the team has been asked to play as it being any fault of the players, which makes it harder to imagine things changing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've not missed that, I've simply weighed them up against your potential opponents. For me, the Roma tie will pan out very similar to the Lille tie, cagey away leg with United coming out on top, and then you dealing with them at home. They're not massive scorers, only Totti has double figures and he takes pens too. So I can see you gettin that done. Then it's Milan or Bayern. Milan are there for the taking, they struggled to break down a defensive and not THAT good Celtic side, average even less goals than Roma, and are worse than the side who struggled past you a coupla years ago. Bayern, as I said, are a different matter because I can't predict them. They can attack with the best and leak just as much.

I don't think there's a whole lot wrong with my assessment of your European aspirations but then I doubt I'm gonna get a full agreement in here ever, especially in a time of extreme and generally unwarranted pessimism.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blaine:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

not sure if it's been posted already, but the game on Tuesday is on BBC3. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

anyone know if the boro game is deffo on bbc as well? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

anyone?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

We're currently discussing it on MSN eddie.

we have both you and Jim to protect us \o/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Day trip for me, whatever that entails. Sounds like a long day to me, but . . . Hopefully I'll learn more from the branch soon.

Protect ? You damn wimps. icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

Just found out a mate of mine who comes to United with us got arrested at Boro for smoking weed and kept in the cells for 24 hours. \o/

Can't wait for Saturday to wind him up. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I didn't think that was an arrestable offence any more. Not Class B any longer. Confiscation and a slapped wrist.

But what do I know ?

anyone read the thing in redissue about banning orders yet? spose it's not much new but shows how they are misused and the general *******ness of the police/fios. still can't get over the 'oxford road incident' from when it was published originally a few months ago (it was also referred to in this issue).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blaine:

anyone read the thing in redissue about banning orders yet? spose it's not much new but shows how they are misused and the general *******ness of the police/fios. still can't get over the 'oxford road incident' from when it was published originally a few months ago (it was also referred to in this issue). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I read it yesterday, does amaze me how they get away with it.

Pointless I know but just emailed Gill to express my anger at the Boro game.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Dear David,

I was very surprised that my credit card was debited with only £61 for the Middlesbrough FA Cup replay for 3 tickets. £20 each plus booking fee, what a surprise to know that for once Manchester United fans aren't ripped off by the away club, then of course the game is drawn and surprise surprise, we get charged full price for the replay. Why not, for once do the decent thing and charge a flat £20 for adults and £10 for children/over 65's? You weren't expecting the replay and by charging £20 you'll fill the stadium but by charging full price there will be a number of empty seats. I'd not go but seeing as I'm in the Automatic Cup Scheme I don't really have a choice. In the space of just over a few weeks, we've paid £45 for Fulham plus £30 on the coach, £20 for Middlesbrough and £22 for the coach, then an extra £7 to sit in the SAME seat for Roma at home, because my club has got further in the Champions League I have to pay more. I mean, you probably won't read this or even if you do you won't care, just sit back in your leather chair and enjoy your £1m plus salary. I expect a nice big increase in my season ticket as well, I'm sure you'll reward our loyalty with no summer signings too.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

oh and we're 16/1 to win NOTHING this season with betfred.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>worth a fiver

oh and we're 16/1 to win NOTHING this season with betfred.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who are 'they' in your location?

my underwear </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

While i'm sure your underwear could incapacitate the entire chelsea team, they wouldn't score, so the best they would manage would be a nil-nil draw.

oh and we're 16/1 to win NOTHING this season with betfred.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

very good odds. seriously

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

very good odds. seriously </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Incredibly so icon_biggrin.gif

I would put a bet on, certainly favour it over betting on us winning anything

but at the same time it doesnt feel right trying to profit from us losing either. plus no amount of money (that I could realistically win) would really make up for us ending the season trophyless

Very happy with the cup draw. Said all along i would love us to do the domestic treble and now its within touching distance.

Please god dont do the resting the whole side for the cup game.

Something like this for Boro please:

Kuszczak, Neville, Ferdinand, Vidic, Heinze, Ronaldo, Carrick, O'Shea, Park, Smith, Rooney

Didnt Fergie used to say that a back four didnt need a rest? We only have the two strikers and if Ronaldo doesnt play we wont get a ****ing thing. See Fulham, Liverpool and Lille for the difference in games.

oh and to do the treble it's 6/1 icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

aha what a ****ing joke. 16/1 to finish trophyless not that great odds imo. Still much more likely than us winning the treble.

Chelsea 50/1 to do the quadruple right now btw.

Archived