The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

I know it's good to play your strongest XI whenever you can, and in the main I agree. But when he have a run of games on Saturday/Tuesday/Saturday/Tuesday/Saturday/Wednesday like we are in the minute, some people are expecting us to play everyone for all of those games and it's just not realistic. Tonight was the night to rest players. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whs

MoM: Saha

2nd: Silvestre (Jesus never thought I would say that)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

we have the benefit of hindsight now and you can say "obviously the right decision cos we're through" but its b*llocks frankly.. we could/should/very nearly did go out. and priority number 1 should always be to win every game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The team we put out tonight was good enough to win, and it won. I said it was the right decision before kickoff and we didn't nearly go out at all icon_biggrin.gif They outplayed us for large periods but they weren't withing a goal of us for more than 10mins in the whole match.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

half the team wasnt good enough ffs icon_biggrin.gif

it's just that Richardson has a knack for standing out as the WORST </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wasn't really talking about their performances tonight, I was thinking more about their talents as individuals...worded it a bit wrong in my eagerness to hit post and move on to your next reply icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

There was absolutely zero reason for him to be on the field. Let alone for the full 90. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I disagree, despite his awfulness, I didn't want Giggs/Ronaldo to play because they have played a lot recently...which bluntly leaves Park and Richardson, which highlights the weakness of the squad in the case of the latter really. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There is no way a youth player could have been as bad as Richardson was. At least a younger player would have been more up for making an impact and would put some effort in. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah well, as bad as KR is, slinging in some random 16 year old in a last 16 match of the FA Cup might have been a bit too far icon_biggrin.gif

well lets just end this circular argument here

but needless to say I thought that whole match after the first few minutes was a complete joke and we shouldnt have to witness a performance like that. "fringe" players or not.

probably go out to Boro after making the same mistake again.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

Motm Ole!

2nd place: Van Der Sar

Is that okay, mein Fuhrer? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

o/

but needless to say I thought that whole match after the first few minutes was a complete joke and we shouldnt have to witness a performance like that. "fringe" players or not.

probably go out to Boro after making the same mistake again. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We didn't make a mistake /o\/o\/o\

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

Motm Ole!

2nd place: Van Der Sar

Is that okay, mein Fuhrer? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

o/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Morgan morgan uber alles!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">C'mon now Nick, there are some extreme reactions but I stand by my statement that the collective display was progressively awful from minute 7 onwards. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

but we're through? why the 'woe is us' whinging? oh dear, our reserve team wasn't amazing. hardly cause to tear up season tickets. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because I expect more and better from them when they pull on the shirt & the collective mess that occurred after the 3rd goal went in ****es me off.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">when our backups conspire to tear a team apart and then fall so dramatically by the wayside its going to provoke a response, because the fear is that when we need them, even when playing amongst players of a higher level, they won't be there to do what needs to be done. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

again, and i'm baffled people are missing this point, when are we going to 'need' to throw 8 reserves into a crucial game? when has Fletch let us down when stepping in this season? when has Wes (bar Fulham)? Ole? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Individually or when two have played they've not let us down, I don't think I said that they have, but start with me being ****ed off and cue a slew of worst case scenarios running through my imagination where we actually get injuries to a series of key players.

I realise that its irrational to an extent but everyone in this thread knows for a fact that when we've seen injury scares through the course of the season and when people were bemoaning our lack of depth last summer, that regardless of potential talent a number of our 2nd stringers have the unnerving tendency to be inconsistent for spells and some are notorious for the errors they make, and that when we're presented with a performance of any number of them to be so poor *collectively* that the prospect of say 4 of them going into an injury hit first-team sparks concern about the overall effect if such a situation occurs.

I doubt that was coherent and I'll probably be more measured in the morning but thats the general jist of what I think I'm trying to get at. I'm not saying X, X & X out, I don't expect our second stringers to collectively play like a top end Champions League side when they're thrown into the mix en-masse, and I'm relieved that we've won and are through, but I do want them to show that they are competant individually and collectively and that didn't happen tonight.

probably go out to Boro after making the same mistake again. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We didn't make a mistake /o\/o\/o\ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

naive

we clearly did, but got away with it this time due to our opposition being just as inept as us. ANY sort of performance from Reading and theyd have had us tonight..

with hindsight you can say there was no mistake - but it's wrong.

We didn't make a mistake /o\/o\/o\ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

naive

we clearly did, but got away with it this time due to our opposition being just as inept as us. ANY sort of performance from Reading and theyd have had us tonight..

with hindsight you can say there was no mistake - but it's wrong. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not saying it with hindsight, I said so before kick-off?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

And yes it was the night to make a number of changes/rest players but that is not the source of my objections to the game tonight as noted above. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's fair enough.

anyway guys, you've been great as usual. my turn to do the nappy so i'm off.

(ps, I dreamt last night that we actually got a draw at Shamfield, we were 3-0 down after 5 minutes and scored 3 penalties in the 88th, 89th & 90th minutes after O'Shea swallow dives. Bizarre. Moral? Don't put SMA in your tea before bed.)

Christ some of you really need to get a little perspective here.

We won. We're through.

The performance wasn't great. But, considering what happened in the match in the first 10 minutes, it's not surprising. Thats happened to plenty of sides int he past and it will continue to happen.

When you take such a dominant lead so early on, it can be a shock to the system for any side and it can at times make you even more prone to slip up than if you were to score the same amount of goals over a longer period of play.

We're in the next round. We rested most of our players for the weekend which is a good thing. Lets have a bit of positivity.

Christ, i'm glad i wasn't on these forums in 1999.

yes, and then the pattern of the game proved otherwise. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not really, nothing that happened tonight would have changed what team I would have wanted out, whether we had won or lost 6-0. We had to rest everyone that we rested in order to give ourselves a chance at the weekend, and we have done it, with the bonus of winning tonight. Perfect.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Christ, i'm glad i wasn't on these forums in 1999. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

cue a huge sigh of relief from those around in '99 then icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Shut it gummy.

I bet we lose on Saturday. All this magical resting in order to ensure at least one game will be an abortion will be in vain. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

morgs in going to HAVE you for that.

I'd have played the same team in all 50-60 games that year.

No substitutions in any of them either. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ole to Spurs icon_frown.gif

I'd have played the same team in all 50-60 games that year.

No substitutions in any of them either. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

There's digging in your heels and then there's ACou.

I bet we lose on Saturday. All this magical resting in order to ensure at least one game will be an abortion will be in vain. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

morgs in going to HAVE you for that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i've long since resigned myself to defeat on saturday :*(

i've long since resigned myself to defeat on saturday :*( </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Draw, an honest to goodness bore draw. 5-5.

i've long since resigned myself to defeat on saturday :*( </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm going to hate it more than usual if we lose on Saturday.

I'm in Glasgow to watch a gig on Saturday night, I have to get a flight at 7am, get there and to the hotel in the city centre, & then find a United friendly pub to watch it in which is going to be a pain in the behind if I've been up since 5am. Might also be an issue given the pockets of Scouse sympathisers in the city.

The United Thread Stat-tacular 2006-7: after the CALAMITOUS win over Reading

Appearances:

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

| Prem | ECL | FAC | TCC | Total |

| | | | | |

1. Edwin VAN DER SAR | 25 | 7 | 1 | | 33 |

2. Gary NEVILLE | 22 | 5 | 2 | | 29 |

3. Patrice EVRA | 18(2) | 3(2) | 2(1) | 0(1) | 23(6) |

4. Gabriel HEINZE | 8(5) | 3(1) | 2 | 2 | 15(6) |

5. Rio FERDINAND | 27 | 5(1) | 3 | | 35(1) |

6. Wes BROWN | 9(4) | 3 | 3 | 2 | 17(4) |

7. Cristiano RONALDO | 24(1) | 6 | 2(1) | 1 | 33(2) |

8. Wayne ROONEY | 24(1) | 7 | 1(2) | 1 | 33(3) |

9. Louis SAHA | 18(5) | 5(1) | 2 | | 25(6) |

11. Ryan GIGGS | 19(2) | 4 | 2 | | 25(2) |

13. PARK Ji-Sung | 6(6) | | 4 | | 10(6) |

14. Alan SMITH | | 0(2) | | 2 | 2(2) |

15. Nemanja VIDIC | 21 | 6 | 2 | | 29 |

16. Michael CARRICK | 20(3) | 7 | 3 | | 30(3) |

17. Henrik LARSSON | 4(2) | 1 | 2(1) | | 7(3) |

18. Paul SCHOLES | 22 | 6(1) | 1(1) | | 29(2) |

19. Giuseppe ROSSI | | | | | |

20. Ole Gunnar SOLSKJAER | 6(6) | 1(3) | 3(1) | 1 | 11(10) |

21. DONG Fangzhuo | | | | | |

22. John O'SHEA | 10(13)| 3(3) | 1(1) | 1 | 15(17) |

23. Kieran RICHARDSON | 4(4) | 0(2) | 1 | 2 | 7(6) |

24. Darren FLETCHER | 12(6) | 3(2) | 2(2) | 1 | 18(10) |

25. David JONES | | | | 2 | 2 |

27. Mikael SILVESTRE | 6(7) | 2 | 2 | 2 | 12(7) |

29. Tomasz KUSZCZAK | 3 | | 3 | 2 | 8 |

34. Ryan SHAWCROSS | | | | 0(2) | 0(2) |

35. Kieran LEE | | | | 0(2) | 0(2) |

36. David GRAY | | | | 1 | 1 |

41. Philip MARSH | | | | 1 | 1 |

42. Michael BARNES | | | | 0(1) | 0(1) |

49. Ritchie JONES | | | | 1 | 1 |

</pre>

Goalscorers:

| | | | | |

7. Cristiano RONALDO | 16 | | | | 16 |

9. Louis SAHA | 8 | 4 | 1 | | 13 |

8. Wayne ROONEY | 10 | | 2 | | 12 |

20. Ole Gunnar SOLSKJAER | 6 | 1 | 2 | 1 | 10 |

11. Ryan GIGGS | 4 | 2 | | | 6 |

18. Paul SCHOLES | 5 | 1 | | | 6 |

15. Nemanja VIDIC | 3 | 1 | | | 4 |

24. Darren FLETCHER | 3 | | | | 3 |

13. PARK Ji-Sung | 2 | | | | 2 |

16. Michael CARRICK | 1 | | 1 | | 2 |

17. Henrik LARSSON | 1 | | 1 | | 2 |

22. John O'SHEA | 1 | 1 | | | 2 |

3. Patrice EVRA | 1 | | | | 1 |

4. Gabriel HEINZE | | | 1 | | 1 |

5. Rio FERDINAND | 1 | | | | 1 |

23. Kieran RICHARDSON | | 1 | | | 1 |

27. Mikael SILVESTRE | 1 | | | | 1 |

35. Kieran LEE | | | | 1 | 1 |

Own Goals | 2 | | | | 2 |

| | | | | |

Totals | 65 | 11 | 8 | 2 | 86 |

</pre>

Penalties:

9. Louis SAHA 3/4

7. Cristiano RONALDO 2/3

</pre>

Penalties won:

7. Cristiano RONALDO 3

8. Wayne ROONEY 1

11. Ryan GIGGS 1

13. PARK Ji-Sung 1

20. Ole Gunnar SOLSKJAER 1

</pre>

Assists:

8. Wayne ROONEY 11

7. Cristiano RONALDO 9

9. Louis SAHA 9

11. Ryan GIGGS 9

2. Gary NEVILLE 4

3. Patrice EVRA 4

16. Michael CARRICK 3

6. Wes BROWN 2

13. PARK Ji-Sung 2

18. Paul SCHOLES 2

23. Kieran RICHARDSON 2

24. Darren FLETCHER 2

4. Gabriel HEINZE 1

5. Rio FERDINAND 1

14. Alan SMITH 1

15. Nemanja VIDIC 1

20. Ole Gunnar SOLSKJAER 1

27. Mikael SILVESTRE 1

49. Ritchie JONES 1

</pre>

At Fault For Goal:

27. Mikael SILVESTRE 4

2. Gary NEVILLE 3

5. Rio FERDINAND 3

4. Gabriel HEINZE 2

22. John O'SHEA 2

1. Edwin VAN DER SAR 1

3. Patrice EVRA 1

6. Wes BROWN 1

7. Cristiano RONALDO 1

13. PARK Ji-Sung 1

15. Nemanja VIDIC 1

16. Michael CARRICK 1

</pre>

Clean Sheets:

Charlton away (EPL)

Tottenham home (EPL)

Benfica away (CL)

Newcastle home (EPL)

FC Kobenhavn home (CL)

Liverpool home (EPL)

Bolton away (EPL)

Portsmouth home (EPL)

Blackburn away (EPL)

Everton home (EPL)

Aston Villa away (EPL)

Watford home (EPL)

Tottenham away (EPL)

Charlton home (EPL)

Lille away (CL)

</pre>

Yellow Cards:

| | | | | |

15. Nemanja VIDIC | 7 | 1 | 1 | | 9 |

18. Paul SCHOLES | 7 | 2 | | | 9 |

3. Patrice EVRA | 4 | 2 | | | 6 |

8. Wayne ROONEY | 4 | 1 | | 1 | 6 |

6. Wes BROWN | 2 | | | 1 | 3 |

11. Ryan GIGGS | 3 | | | | 3 |

23. Kieran RICHARDSON | 2 | | | 1 | 3 |

4. Gabriel HEINZE | 2 | 1 | | | 3 |

5. Rio FERDINAND | 2 | | | | 2 |

7. Cristiano RONALDO | 1 | 1 | | | 2 |

16. Michael CARRICK | 1 | 1 | | | 2 |

22. John O'SHEA | 2 | | | | 2 |

2. Gary NEVILLE | 1 | | | | 1 |

9. Louis SAHA | 1 | | | | 1 |

17. Henrik LARSSON | 1 | | | | 1 |

24. Darren FLETCHER | | 1 | | | 1 |

25. David JONES | | | | 1 | 1 |

27. Mikael SILVESTRE | | 1 | | | 1 |

35. Kieran LEE | | | | 1 | 1 |

</pre>

Average Goals Per Game: 2.8 (117 in 41)

Average Goals Scored Per Game: 2.08 (86 in 41)

Average Goals Conceded Per Game: 0.72 (31 in 41)

Games Won When Scoring First Goal: 26/29 (89.29%)

Games Drawn When Scoring First Goal: 2/29 (7.14%)

Games Lost When Scoring First Goal: 1/29 (3.57%)

Games Won When Conceding First Goal: 5/12 (41.67%)

Games Drawn When Conceding First Goal: 2/12 (16.66%)

Games Lost When Conceding First Goal: 5/12 (41.67%)

Games Won When Leading At Half-Time: 16/18 (88.24%)

Games Drawn When Leading At Half-Time: 2/18 (11.76%)

Games Lost When Leading At Half-Time: 0/18

Games Won When Drawing At Half-Time: 14/21 (66.67%)

Games Drawn When Drawing At Half-Time: 2/21 (9.52%)

Games Lost When Drawing At Half-Time: 5/21 (23.81%)

Games Won When Losing At Half-Time: 1/2 (50%)

Games Drawn When Losing At Half-Time: 0/2

Games Lost When Losing At Half-Time: 1/2 (50%)

Time of Goals Scored:

| | | | | |

0 - 15 mins | 10 | | 3 | | 13 |

15 - 30 mins | 8 | | | 1 | 9 |

30 - 45 mins | 9 | 4 | 1 | | 14 |

45 - 60 mins | 12 | 3 | 1 | | 16 |

60 - 75 mins | 15 | 2 | | | 17 |

75 - 90 mins | 13 | 2 | 1 | | 16 |

Extra Time | | | | 1 | 1 |

</pre>

Time of Goals Conceded:

| | | | | |

0 - 15 mins | 2 | | | | 2 |

15 - 30 mins | 1 | 2 | 1 | 1 | 5 |

30 - 45 mins | 4 | 1 | | | 5 |

45 - 60 mins | 2 | | | | 2 |

60 - 75 mins | 5 | 1 | 2 | 1 | 9 |

75 - 90 mins | 5 | 1 | 1 | | 7 |

Extra Time | | | | | |

</pre>

Manner of Goals Scored:

| | | | | |

Left foot | 13 | 6 | 2 | | 21 |

Right foot | 41 | 2 | 4 | 2 | 48 |

Head | 12 | 3 | | | 15 |

Opponent | 2 | | | | 2 |

| | | | | |

Inside area | 58 | 8 | 4 | 1 | 71 |

Outside area | 9 | 3 | 2 | 1 | 15 |

| | | | | |

Open play | 57 | 6 | 6 | 2 | 71 |

Set piece | 5 | 3 | | | 8 |

Direct freekick | 1 | 1 | | | 2 |

Penalty | 4 | 1 | | | 5 |

</pre>

Manner of Goals Conceded:

| | | | | |

Left foot | 6 | 4 | | | 10 |

Right foot | 9 | 1 | 1 | 2 | 13 |

Head | 4 | | 3 | | 7 |

United player | 1 | | | | 1 |

| | | | | |

Inside area | 15 | 2 | 4 | | 21 |

Outside area | 5 | 3 | | 2 | 10 |

| | | | | |

Open play | 15 | 3 | 2 | 1 | 21 |

Set piece | 2 | | 2 | | 4 |

Direct freekick | 1 | 2 | | 1 | 4 |

Penalty | 2 | | | | 2 |

</pre>

Form

Last Six (All comps): WWDWWW

Last Six (Prem/ship): WLWWWW

Home (All comps): WWWWWD

Home (Prem/ship): WWWWWW

Away (All comps): DLWWWW

Away (Prem/ship): LWDLWW

Games Unbeaten: 8 (all comps), 4 (premiership)

Consecutive Wins: 3 (all comps), 4 (premiership)

</pre>

Attendances:

Highest - 76,073, vs Aston Villa (Premiership, 13/01/07)

Lowest - 70,608, vs Reading (FA Cup, 17/02/07)

Total - 1,498,779 (20 games)

Average - 74,939

Part-Timer Watch:

Sevilla home - BBB left early, missed two goals

Portsmouth home - BBB flogged his ticket to feed his chocolate habit

Dubiously-legal female charity collectors ogled from the wall:

Ten

Delicacies enjoyed at the wall:

Beer

Pork pies

<STRIKE>Cheesecake</STRIKE>

Jammy dodgers

Forthcoming Fixtures

03.03.07 Liverpool (A) Premiership

06.03.07 Lille OSC Métropole (H) Champions League R16 2nd Leg

17.03.07 Bolton Wanderers (H) Premiership

31.03.07 Blackburn Rovers (H) Premiership

07.04.07 Portsmouth (A) Premiership

09.04.07 Sheffield United (H) Premiership

</pre>

CAREER STATS

Appearances:

| Prem | ECL | FAC | TCC | Other | Total |

| | | | | | |

11. Ryan GIGGS | 437(58)| 99(6) | 49(7) | 25(5) | 12(1) | 622(77) |

2. Gary NEVILLE | 347(15)| 99(6) | 40(3) | 16(1) | 8(1) | 510(26) |

18. Paul SCHOLES | 299(64)| 87(12)| 24(10)| 11(5) | 10 | 431(91) |

20. Ole Gunnar SOLSKJAER | 148(80)| 35(44)| 14(13)| 8(3) | 6(3) | 212(143)|

27. Mikael SILVESTRE | 222(23)| 59(7) | 19(2) | 13(1) | 7 | 320(33) |

6. Wes BROWN | 133(20)| 37(6) | 22(2) | 16(1) | | 208(29) |

22. John O'SHEA | 122(32)| 33(11)| 13(2) | 17(1) | 1(1) | 186(47) |

5. Rio FERDINAND | 142(1) | 35(1) | 12(1) | 9(1) | 1 | 199(4) |

7. Cristiano RONALDO | 88(32)| 24(3) | 14(3) | 8 | | 134(38) |

24. Darren FLETCHER | 70(15)| 18(7) | 9(9) | 10 | 0(1) | 107(29) |

8. Wayne ROONEY | 82(8) | 18 | 9(3) | 5(2) | | 114(13) |

9. Louis SAHA | 46(22)| 6(6) | 5(3) | 9 | | 66(31) |

14. Alan SMITH | 37(15)| 10(5) | 0(5) | 4(2) | 1 | 52(27) |

1. Edwin VAN DER SAR | 63 | 15 | 3 | 3 | | 84 |

4. Gabriel HEINZE | 36(7) | 12(1) | 6 | 4 | | 58(8) |

23. Kieran RICHARDSON | 16(18)| 5(9) | 7(1) | 11(2) | 0(1) | 39(31) |

13. PARK Ji-Sung | 29(17)| 0(6) | 5(1) | 3 | | 37(24) |

15. Nemanja VIDIC | 30(2) | 6 | 4 | 0(2) | | 40(4) |

3. Patrice EVRA | 25(6) | 3(2) | 2(2) | 1(2) | | 31(12) |

16. Michael CARRICK | 20(3) | 7 | 3 | | | 30(3) |

29. Tomasz KUSZCZAK | 3 | | 3 | 2 | | 8 |

17. Henrik LARSSON | 4(2) | 1 | 2(1) | | | 7(3) |

</pre>

Goals:

| Prem | ECL | FAC | TCC | Other | Total |

| | | | | | |

11. Ryan GIGGS | 98 | 25 | 10 | 7 | | 140 |

18. Paul SCHOLES | 94 | 22 | 12 | 8 | | 136 |

20. Ole Gunnar SOLSKJAER | 90 | 20 | 8 | 7 | | 125 |

8. Wayne ROONEY | 37 | 4 | 5 | 2 | | 48 |

7. Cristiano RONALDO | 34 | 1 | 6 | 2 | | 43 |

9. Louis SAHA | 23 | 4 | 3 | 7 | | 37 |

14. Alan SMITH | 7 | 2 | | 1 | 1 | 11 |

27. Mikael SILVESTRE | 6 | 2 | 1 | | 1 | 10 |

22. John O'SHEA | 6 | 1 | 1 | 1 | | 9 |

23. Kieran RICHARDSON | 1 | 2 | 3 | 3 | | 9 |

2. Gary NEVILLE | 5 | 2 | | | | 7 |

24. Darren FLETCHER | 7 | | | | | 7 |

4. Gabriel HEINZE | 1 | 2 | 1 | | | 4 |

5. Rio FERDINAND | 4 | | | | | 4 |

13. PARK Ji-Sung | 2 | | | 1 | | 4 |

15. Nemanja VIDIC | 3 | 1 | | | | 4 |

6. Wes BROWN | 1 | 1 | | | | 2 |

16. Michael CARRICK | 1 | | 1 | | | 2 |

17. Henrik LARSSON | 1 | | 1 | | | 2 |

3. Patrice EVRA | 1 | | | | | 1 |

1. Edwin VAN DER SAR | | | | | | 0 |

</pre>

Potential Milestones:

* Ryan GIGGS needs one more appearance to reach 700 for the club in all competitions, and five more to reach 500 in the Premiership

* If Ryan GIGGS starts against Reading, he will be making his 50th FA Cup start

* Both Ryan GIGGS and Gary NEVILLE are one start away from 100 European starts

* Gary NEVILLE is three away from 350 Premiership starts

* Paul SCHOLES is one away from 300 Premiership starts

* If Paul SCHOLES plays in the return leg with Lille, he will be making his 100th appearance in European competition

* Ole SOLSKJAER is two away from 150 Premiership starts

* Rio FERDINAND's is one away from 200 United starts

* PARK Ji-Sung is four away from 50 Premiership appearances

* Mikael SILVESTRE is five away from 250 Premiership appearances

* Louis SAHA is three away from 100 United appearances

* Ryan GIGGS is two away from 100 Premiership goals. Paul SCHOLES is six away from the same landmark, and Ole SOLSKJAER ten.

* Wayne ROONEY is two away from 50 United goals. Cristiano RONALDO is seven away from the same landmark.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Reserves Update

Appearances (FAPRL, MSC & LAC): Kieran Lee 16, Michael Lea 11(1), Tom Heaton 11, Daniel Rose 11, Michael Barnes 10(4), Aaron Burns 10(3), Jamie Mullan 10(2), Ryan Shawcross 10, Ritchie Jones 9, Philip Marsh 8(3), Craig Cathcart 8(2), Alan Smith 8, Séan Evans 7(2), David Gray 7(1), David Jones 6, Christopher Eagles 5, Sam Hewson 4(1), Dong Fangzhuo 4, Tomasz Kuszczak 4, Floribert N'Galula 4, Kieran Richardson 2, Lee Crockett 1(1), Wes Brown 1, James Chester 1, Thomas Cleverley 1, Richard Eckersley 1, Darren Fletcher 1, Liam Miller 1, Ji-Sung Park 1, Giuseppe Rossi 1, Mikael Silvestre 1, Danny Simpson 1, Febian Brandy (5), Christy Fagan (3), Daniel Drinkwater (1), Magnus Wolff Eikrem (1)

Scorers: Burns 7, Marsh 7, Barnes 3, Brandy 2, Rossi 2, Eagles 1, S Evans 1, Gray 1, D Jones 1, Lea 1, Lee 1, Richardson 1, Rose 1, Shawcross 1, Smith 1, own goals 1 (Webster, Wigan)

Premier Reserve League North Table:

P W D L F A GD Pts

1. M'boro Res 11 7 2 2 25 16 +9 23

2. Man Utd Res 10 5 3 2 16 8 +8 18

3. Man City Res 11 5 2 4 20 14 +6 17

</pre>

Next Fixture:

01.03.07 Newcastle United (H), FAPRL(N) @ Hyde, 7pm

Academy Update

Appearances (Academy and FAYC): James Chester 23, Christy Fagan 22(1), Febian Brandy 20(1), Richard Eckersley 18, Daniel Drinkwater 17(4), Benjamin Amos 17, James Derbyshire 16(3), Sam Hewson 16(1), Craig Cathcart 15, Magnus Wolff Eikrem 12(2), Daniel Galbraith 12(2), Thomas Cleverley 12(1), Antonio Bryan 11(9), Daniel Welbeck 11(9), Conor McCormack 11(4), Corry Evans 7(6), Ron-Robert Zieler 7(1), Kenny Strickland 6(1), Michael Lea 6, Nicky Ajose 2(2), Oliver Norwood 1(2), Joseph Dudgeon 1, Scott Moffatt 1, Matthew James (3)

Scorers: Brandy 13, Fagan 7, Welbeck 6, Hewson 6, Bryan 3, Cathcart 2, Drinkwater 2, Ajose 1, Chester 1, Eikrem 1, Evans 1, Galbraith 1, Lea 1

U18 Academy Group C Table (as of 27/2/07):

P W D L F A GD Pt

5. Crewe Yth 21 9 2 10 34 35 -1 29

6. Man Utd Yth 20 7 4 9 36 35 1 25

7. L'pool Yth 20 5 6 9 19 24 -5 21

</pre>

Next Fixture:

03.03.07 Bolton Wanderers (H), Academy Group C @ Carrington

Assists and at-fault-for's up for debate ofc. Suggestions for further stats welcome.

heinze, saha, solskjaer goals

ferdinand and richardson assists

ferdinand and o'shea affg's (debate away if desired)

other guff

just got back LOLZ! i live round the corner etc.

was a pretty odd game really in terms of atmosphere and performance. I dont know if its just me or recently are we finding it hard to just to ****ing clear the ball further than 20 yards and 80 yards in the air. For the life of me i dont know why we couldnt put it out or just HOOF it into their half. very bizarre.

From the stands Saha had a really good game, held up well with some good strength and neat runs. Richardson was ****ing atrocious, Park was hit and miss did well receiving some shocking balls from the middle of the park/wesley but on the attack ****. Ole did well, better than recently. Rio was pretty good, VDS did well he didnt really flap at too much as Scatter was saying they were pretty decent balls in from where i was.

Atmosphere, overall was pretty mundane, so many ****ers just standing and not making a noise. those park followers from fulham were there again in their zany ****ing clothing wearing shitty girl boots. queers. Moved around seats a shed load really with people being wankers about where i stood as it was by their seat. **** off!

Hansen giving it the 5 times after about 20minutes of abuse was quite good, fair play to him. Alan Shearer just looking like he was going to cry after many renditions of david may super star.

Reading fans ****, "we support our local team" /"we are super reading, super reading ..." small time stuff every 15minutes or so.

also so many united dickhead fans doing the easy chant at 3nil. but i suppose almost understandably as it was 6mins in.

Berkshire police and stewards handing out leaflets about us having to sit in our seats and we would evicted from the ground and allocation reduced in future. No one was sitting in our end at all, stewards did nothing.

Im pretty boozed up so this is just my ramblings.

icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

just got back LOLZ! i live round the corner etc.

was a pretty odd game really in terms of atmosphere and performance. I dont know if its just me or recently are we finding it hard to just to ****ing clear the ball further than 20 yards and 80 yards in the air. For the life of me i dont know why we couldnt put it out or just HOOF it into their half. very bizarre.

From the stands Saha had a really good game, held up well with some good strength and neat runs. Richardson was ****ing atrocious, Park was hit and miss did well receiving some shocking balls from the middle of the park/wesley but on the attack ****. Ole did well, better than recently. Rio was pretty good, VDS did well he didnt really flap at too much as Scatter was saying they were pretty decent balls in from where i was.

Atmosphere, overall was pretty mundane, so many ****ers just standing and not making a noise. those park followers from fulham were there again in their zany ****ing clothing wearing shitty girl boots. queers. Moved around seats a shed load really with people being wankers about where i stood as it was by their seat. **** off!

Hansen giving it the 5 times after about 20minutes of abuse was quite good, fair play to him. Alan Shearer just looking like he was going to cry after many renditions of david may super star.

Reading fans ****, "we support our local team" /"we are super reading, super reading ..." small time stuff every 15minutes or so.

also so many united dickhead fans doing the easy chant at 3nil. but i suppose almost understandably as it was 6mins in.

Berkshire police and stewards handing out leaflets about us having to sit in our seats and we would evicted from the ground and allocation reduced in future. No one was sitting in our end at all, stewards did nothing.

Im pretty boozed up so this is just my ramblings.

icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>United fans sounded top on the box ****ed i didn't go now icon_mad.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by atvkwkad:

Reading have awful fans, they were completely dire when I went down there a couple of weeks back.

They only have 5 songs, and sing them all on a 10 minute loop and then have a rest for a bit and then start all over again :*) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>they sum up small time clubs/fans

But then again villa...icon_wink.gif

bum. didn't calculate the percentage stuff. oh well, no-one reads it anyway blaters </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not giving O'Shea the assist for Gabby's opener?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

bum. didn't calculate the percentage stuff. oh well, no-one reads it anyway blaters </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not giving O'Shea the assist for Gabby's opener? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hmm, not sure. i'll go with the general consensus, but from memory the ball kinda ricocheted around and broke to Gaby

Archived