The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

I like your location Blink icon14.gif

Although for full effect, add '>>>>>>> Ruud' at the end. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif yeah, but i wouldn't really believe that, although would be interesting anyway.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

Yeah, it's not to do with believing it at all though is it? It's just to do with encouraging the biggest bite icon14.gif

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tbf it's so utterly ******** that it's not even worth bothering with icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

I feel the same way...it's tonight isn't it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know what you mean, it has been so long that it's weird to think that we're finally here.

Plus the whole inevitability of:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

The end of season ‘Mika’ scenario. 4-5-1 tonight. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Doesn't help.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Yeah, it's not to do with believing it at all though is it? It's just to do with encouraging the biggest bite icon14.gif

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tbf it's so utterly ******** that it's not even worth bothering with icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gificon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Column: Ole Gunnar

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - apparently known as 'The Legend' among his team-mates - explains in a one-off column how vital experience is in Europe...

Here at United there has always been competition between the young lads and the older players. It’s a really important and healthy aspect of life at a football club.

When you’re a young player, you want to take the older guy’s position. When you’re older, you think to yourself ‘I’m going to keep up with this young lad and he’s not going to take my position’. Even something as simple as running in training, you want to prove you are at least as fit. It’s good because they can learn a thing or two from us older lads, but we are pushed on and motivated by them.

It’s that mix of youth and experience which could be vital as we approach the Champions League last 16 matches against Lille this month. If we can prove we have learned from the mistakes of recent seasons, we could last the distance.

Of course, you must have belief in yourself – which young players never lack, they believe they are unbeatable. And we also have experience; myself, Scholesy, Giggsy, Gaz, have all won it, while Henrik and Edwin have had success with other clubs.

Experience counts. At this stage of the Champions League, if you make a mistake you could be out. That’s a lot of pressure. But if you’ve been through it before, you know what is required. Don’t get me wrong, you could be 40 and still make mistakes, you’re not infallible.

But the more you play football the more you learn from mistakes. You realise that you can’t launch the ball forward if you’re chasing a goal. You need patience and the belief that, until the referee has blown the whistle, winning is still possible. Our younger lads have had some tough lessons in recent seasons, but I think we’re looking strong now.

The manager spoke about our style of play in Europe – should we be patient or should we stick to United’s traditions of attacking football? His response was right, it has to be both. Our experience can help us implement that. There are certain rules in European football that you have to follow. Away from home, you have to silence the crowd. At home, you have to get your fans going, but not panic and think ‘we need a goal inside 20 minutes’.

It’s a matter of reading the pattern of a play as well. You know when you’ve got the opposition by the throat and you can pile on the pressure, but you also recognise any team will have at least a ten-minute period where they create chances. At these times you have to soak up the pressure, keep possession, and maybe the best medicine is to have a shot on goal to dampen the mood of their players and fans and lift your own supporters.

As much as ability, belief and experience, there are between eight and ten teams who can win the Champions League this season, so you need luck. Even if you play the best football and you’re the best team, your name won’t automatically be on the trophy. Look at some of our defining moments in Europe. In the 2002 semi final against Bayer Leverkusen, Seba hits the post, they counter and Neuville scores. 2-2, instead of 3-1. That’s the way it can work.

Luck permitting, I think we have the squad to do well. We’ve got depth and a wealth of international players. Last year was a major disappointment and we want to make up for it. And there’s a few of us for which this could be the last chance, you never know. You have to grasp your chances when they come, they might not come again. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The other version Lille dispatched. Wins at Fulham and Liverpool see us 12 pts clear. League form sparkling. Chelsea just about keeping up. Arsenal hammered in the FA Cup semi. Real Madrid beaten (Ruud misses penalty). 4-0 at the Boo Camp seals the title, with a dead rubber at the Bridge to celebrate this time at Stamford Bridge. The reserves relegate West Ham, a 2-0 half time deficit is turned around at Wembley as Citeh’s 1st trophy for 31 years is snatched away bluuuuuue moon, you started singing too soon…. Athens, scousers, sccchhhhhhhhhooooooooooollllllllllllleeeeeeeeesssssssssss!!!!, 3-0 we won it 3 tiiiiiiiiiimes </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh god, I just spooged my pants

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Fight for United have been quietly informed that Manchester City Environmental Crimes Unit, have put together a task force to combat people putting up LUHG stickers in the Manchester region.

It is the Units intention to monitor the City Centre CCTV, to watch for any person putting up LUHG stickers. We are informed that the Metro stations will receive particular attention from the CCTV units. There are also to be undercover units travelling on the Metro and on foot in areas around the City Centre. These Units will begin their actions as of Wednesday 21st February and will be working during the evenings as well.

We realise that supporters of Fight For United are not responsible for putting up stickers in public places, we bring this to your attention of the basis if you happen to be aware of anyone else, or see anyone putting up a sticker, then please advise them to be very cautious in their actions, due to the Environmental crime unit out to apprehend somebody for the stickering.

It is the intention of the Manchester City Council to prosecute any persons that is apprehended in putting up LUHG stickers. Our information is that, the council intend to use a "fly posting" law which carries a fine of up to £2500 per poster/sticker. They are also intent on a public naming and shaming of any persons apprehended.

It is with regret that Manchester City Council, choose to target Manchester United supporters for an anti fly posting campaign, at a time when Local Authority resources could be more productively pooled for the youth within the suburban areas of Manchester. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

haha, awesome, they are quite literally everywhere icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

She's a girl on my new team, we sit opposite each other and wind each other up something rotten, she's awesome and basically into the same things I am, same music/tv taste, just one slight problem (she's a liverpool fan), literally praying noone from the United thread sees this icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kolin:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

She's a girl on my new team, we sit opposite each other and wind each other up something rotten, she's awesome and basically into the same things I am, same music/tv taste, just one slight problem (she's a liverpool fan), literally praying noone from the United thread sees this icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well played Kolin icon_cool.gif

Mart OUT.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Should stick them all over harrods, would **** Al Fayed off a bit. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Flash Mob Harrods at Lunchtime on Saturday, real mess for business.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kolin:

She's a girl on my new team, we sit opposite each other and wind each other up something rotten, she's awesome and basically into the same things I am, same music/tv taste, just one slight problem (she's a liverpool fan), literally praying noone from the United thread sees this icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mart OUT. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've dated girls who support Liverpool, Arsenal, Leeds, etc, couldn't give a monkeys.

tbf what team a girl supports is immaterial. Yeah you can't take her to OT, but if I was resorting to dates at OT, its probably got to a stage where it is quite serious.

from dirty yorkshire as well apparently.

from fight for united

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Fight for United have been quietly informed that Manchester City Environmental Crimes Unit, have put together a task force to combat people putting up LUHG stickers in the Manchester region.

It is the Units intention to monitor the City Centre CCTV, to watch for any person putting up LUHG stickers. We are informed that the Metro stations will receive particular attention from the CCTV units. There are also to be undercover units travelling on the Metro and on foot in areas around the City Centre. These Units will begin their actions as of Wednesday 21st February and will be working during the evenings as well.

We realise that supporters of Fight For United are not responsible for putting up stickers in public places, we bring this to your attention of the basis if you happen to be aware of anyone else, or see anyone putting up a sticker, then please advise them to be very cautious in their actions, due to the Environmental crime unit out to apprehend somebody for the stickering.

It is the intention of the Manchester City Council to prosecute any persons that is apprehended in putting up LUHG stickers. Our information is that, the council intend to use a "fly posting" law which carries a fine of up to £2500 per poster/sticker. They are also intent on a public naming and shaming of any persons apprehended.

We note with regret that Manchester City Council have chosen to target Manchester United supporters with an anti fly posting campaign at a time when Local Authority resources could be more productively pooled for the benefit of the young people within the suburban areas of Manchester.

Fight For United Campaign. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

****ing traitors

First james in the megawhore and now Mart. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whoa whoa whoa.

James in the megawhore?

from dirty yorkshire as well apparently. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Disgusting.

*ignores the fact that he is from Hull*

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

****ing traitors

First james in the megawhore and now Mart. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whoa whoa whoa.

James in the megawhore? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, yeah. icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

saw a woman walk in with her kids to the Reading game 15 minutes into the match with 3 STUFFED full Megastore bags icon_biggrin.gif

I thought of all of you seething. Except James apparently who would have gone over and asked if she noticed the 2 for 1 on Saha lampshades? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Depends if they were stuffed with the mutilated corpses of the Glazers/Richardson, O'Shea.

Our information is that, the council intend to use a "fly posting" law which carries a fine of up to £2500 per poster/sticker. They are also intent on a public naming and shaming of any persons apprehended.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds a bit harsh.

Archived