The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

And what in earth is that O'Shea celebration icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah wtf?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

And what in earth is that O'Shea celebration icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah wtf?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haha icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

That bit early in the second half where he made the saving tackle, kept the ball in and fed it to Evra was ffffffffbbbbbb. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just shown that, it was indeed classy.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

That bit early in the second half where he made the saving tackle, kept the ball in and fed it to Evra was ffffffffbbbbbb. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just shown that, it was indeed classy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah that was top top defending.

Rio ifffb

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nikos:

Who said Evra can't win a header icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Still not done it without fouling though. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's heading in the right direction at least. icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

shoulda got krifb for me man icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Should of HIT Richardson for me, absolutely woeful easily the worst player on the pitch tonight.

MoM: Rio

2nd: Neville

didn't even stand up and cheer when O'shea scored, just sat there shacking my head. icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

NO abuse for the Glazer ***** as they came out either icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What are you talking about? We've been poor for the last few years, but since they came we're back challenging for the title.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

chelsea just so efficient though. in the last week:

2 away games

0 goals from open play

4 points

and without playing well at all </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They were good in the second half and deserved a point at the weeked in fairness. Can't say about tonight.

I'm still defrosting icon_frown.gif

Disgraceful starting XI, game had 0-0 written all over it until a class finish from Ronnie. After that we were in complete control - Everton need to have a good long look at themselves, because to be that outclassed by that United XI is pretty shameful. In years to come the likes of Lee Carsley and Leon Osman will break down in tears and admit to their grandkids that they lost a midfield battle against the might of John O'Shea, Kieran Richardson, Darren Fletcher (ifb) and Wes Brown.

Awesome goal from Paddy icon_cool.gif

Quite nice goal from JOS icon_frown.gif

Looked very solid at the back (although Mickey's presence meant one could never be entirely comfortable), O'Shea wasn't bad, Fletch was pretty poor, Richardson just atrocious, Carrick did alright considering who he had alongside him I thought. Rooney and Ronaldo were the shining lights going forward, predictably, but in MotM terms, I'm going for:

1st - Paddy Evra, brilliant goal, nice assist, largely immaculate defensively, first choice for me now. awesome <3

2nd - Rio Ferdinand, pretty much flawless, even without Vida. Hope the knock he picked up at the end isn't serious - he was still hobbling when he left the ground.

As was Gaby, who got well and truly scythed down by Arteta. Got in some jokey retribution in the car park after icon_cool.gif

Getting autographs was quite fun really. Shunned Richardson, almost feel guilty now but he deserved it. Jonny getting him to sign the back of this month's Red Issue was more amusing (those who've seen it will understand). Mart nearly fainted when Vida came round, and completely bottled getting his photo taken with him, but he did try and pop his head into this pic of VDS icon_biggrin.gif

Picture of homohair and terry venables sharing a joke at england training, a speech bubble from both saying something along the lines of "d'you think we'll ever be found out?" and a caption reading "Ineffective wideboy convention 2006" or something similar.

I don't know if anyone's realised, but it turns out we're 16 points clear of those lovable scouse rouges. Or, if you want that in the league position, that's at least 6 places above them - could be nine places if Wigan, Spurs and (snigger) Reading win their games in hand. Furthermore, did you know that we've scored twice as many league goals as Liverpool and conceded less than half as them? AND in their last four league matches they've scored just one single goal - that's the same number as John O'Shea's got in that time. I could perhaps also point to the fact that our central defender Nemanja Vidic has twice the amount of league goals that expensive summer signing and 'final piece of the jigsaw' Craig Bellamy does. Of course, their poor away form (no wins from 7 matches, no goals from open play) is well documented, so I won't touch upon that.

icon_smile.gif

Leeds are third from bottom of the Championship too :*******************)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by chrissybabe:

Nice to see you're still so bothered about us Ali.

icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif of course. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, very much so. I like to check up on how you lot are doing from time to time. Have to do it periodically though, what with our title fight with Chelsea taking up most of my attention, so I only get a brief overview of what's happening really. I'm sure you're more fully aware of the true horror than I am.

Having said all that, we'll probably go out of Europe now icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by chrissybabe:

We just drift along enjoying our 24 unbeaten home league game run really. Mind you, there's trouble when that comes to an abrupt end. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

can't imagine a 0-0 home draw with the mighty Portsmouth brought much enjoyment tbf

Archived