The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

If Saha gets injured for France I'm going to go ballistic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wouldn't bother, it's utterly predictable and as such surely Fergie's got a contingency plan? \O/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Umney:

KJH to sign in January? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yes, please start getting your hopes up for january now :*)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

I wouldn't bother, it's utterly predictable and as such surely Fergie's got a contingency plan? \O/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Kuszczak playing upfront probably

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

I wouldn't bother, it's utterly predictable and as such surely Fergie's got a contingency plan? \O/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Giggs up front if we haven't sold him iirc

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Daaaaave:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Umney:

yes, please start getting your hopes up for january now :*) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hope is all we have left icon_frown.gif

Would say at least we didn't sign Kujit, but even he would have been a blessing today.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Daaaaave:

already did that before this window icon14.gif

February 1st:

SAF: Getting back Rossi, and Eagles and bringing over Dong is like 3 new signings, so the squad is capable to challenge for the title.

Shame we'll be in 13th and looking over our shoulders at Reading, Charlton, and Fulham, trying to avoid a relegation dogfight. icon_frown.gif

So, with that veritable merry-go-round of transfer activity over, what are we left with?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">1 Edwin Van der Sar

2 Gary Neville

3 Patrice Evra

4 Gabriel Heinze

5 Rio Ferdinand

6 Wes Brown

7 Cristiano Ronaldo

8 Wayne Rooney

9 Louis Saha

11 Ryan Giggs

13 Ji-Sung Park

14 Alan Smith

15 Nemanja Vidic

16 Michael Carrick

18 Paul Scholes

20 Ole Gunnar Solskjaer

22 John O'Shea

23 Kieran Richardson

24 Darren Fletcher****

25 David Jones

27 Mikael Silvestre

29 Tomasz Kuszczak

38 Tom Heaton

41 Floribert N'Galula

49 Ritchie Jones </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Or to put it another way:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Van der Sar/Kuszczak/Heaton

Neville

Ferdinand

Brown/Vidic

Heinze/Silvestre/Evra

Ronaldo/Park

O'Shea/N'Galula/R Jones

Carrick/Fletcher/Scholes/D Jones

Giggs/Richardson

Saha/Smith

Rooney/Solskjaer </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So very very weak \O/

Our squad is starting to look very thin. It's all well and good saying the young players on loan will get a lot of playing time but that also leaves us in a mess if things get worse. Last year Evans or Pique could have stepped up should a good few of our defenders get injured. They can't now.

Our striking situation is worse. All our hopes rest on Saha to lead the line. If he gets injured we're screwed. Ole is not the player he once was and Smith will take another month or two to be fully fit.

christ, when you type the squad out like that, it's pathetic really. The first team is pretty good, but there's just nothing after that.

We can't even top up with youngsters as they're all away on loan /o\. Is there still actually anyone who thinks we have money to spend, aside from sale revenue and even then not all of it. I certainly don't

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by defusion:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Calm down, we'll sign Hargreaves. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no you won´t, I´ll bet you 10pounds that he won´t join before end of August. Bayern won´t sell him regardless of what ManU thinks as he is now a vital part of there team and allowing him to go would leave a huge gap in the team with no time to find someone to replace him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

I'll take that bet mate icon_cool.gif

The Times saying we're back in for Torres as well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_cool.gif you can send the money via paypal to the address in my profile icon_biggrin.gif

the ironic thing is I think he will sign for you in the Jan transfer window but it was never going to happen this time around tbh

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by T!mbo:

I can't find a Liam Miller highlights video anywhere.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you surprised.

Was depressed with transfer rumours so decided to watch some clips on youtube.

All the goals from one of the greatest CL group matchups?

What a comeback :*)

We'll not get Hargreaves - or, indeed, anyone - in January.

"Well the players we're looking at were cuptied for the Champions League, and clubs don't want to sell their best players especially in the middle of the season. We'll bring in some big names in the summer though, no question about that"

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeafParrot:

What will you need players not cuptied for the CL for? You'll be out long before the window reopens. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Didn't stop us last season. icon_frown.gif

My god watching those two barce games. I mean. I remember how good beckham was....bu obviously i forgot. I mean it's just world class service like i can't remember seeing time after time.

If anything it reminds me what we're lacking.

We no longer have the best keeper in the world. We no longer have the best midfield the world has ever seen and we no longer have a bonafide strikeforce that stays fit and gets 50 goals a season.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">we no longer have a bonafide strikeforce that stays fit and gets 50 goals a season. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rooney and Saha could get that imo.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ajw10:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">we no longer have a bonafide strikeforce that stays fit and gets 50 goals a season. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rooney and Saha could get that imo. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Except Saha is more injury prone than Chris Kirkland.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeafParrot:

What will you need players not cuptied for the CL for? You'll be out long before the window reopens. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No chance. Even we don't **** this group up. I'd be more concerned about your own icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Makofo:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ajw10:

Rooney and Saha could get that imo. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Except Saha is more injury prone than Chris Kirkland. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

haha read that as 'if stays fit' not 'stays fit'. Yeah no chance tbf.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

For God's sake not more groundless optimism/vain hopes. icon_frown.gif

The first team is looking very good but the lack of depth is a cause for concern. Only two signings, one which cost A LOT more than it should have. Maybe if we bought Hargreaves and Senna instead of Carrick, but then again Carrick looks impressive and seems to suit the way we play.

I would have preferred another midfielder, since I don't believe O'Shea and Fletcher have progressed at all. I feel sorry for O'Shea though, he would have been better off leaving and getting a regular place in a team rather than being used sparingly as a utility player to fill injuries/bans.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MikeCR:

The first team is looking very good but the lack of depth is a cause for concern. Only two signings, one which cost A LOT more than it should have. Maybe if we bought Hargreaves and Senna instead of Carrick, but then again Carrick looks impressive and seems to suit the way we play.

I would have preferred another midfielder, since I don't believe O'Shea and Fletcher have progressed at all. I feel sorry for O'Shea though, he would have been better off leaving and getting a regular place in a team rather than being used sparingly as a utility player to fill injuries/bans. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Only Rio Ferdinand played more games for United last season than O'Shea.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MikeCR:

I would have preferred another midfielder, since I don't believe O'Shea and Fletcher have progressed at all. I feel sorry for O'Shea though, he would have been better off leaving and getting a regular place in a team rather than being used sparingly as a utility player to fill injuries/bans. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Only Rio Ferdinand played more games for United last season than O'Shea. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

really? icon_biggrin.gif iirc no Arsenal player played more games that Flamini last season.

I don't see this as a bad thing tbh. At least this way you will see if the kids you have in your squad are good enough. Jones being a prime example. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

All the good ones are out on loan. icon_frown.gif

Archived