The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Giggs just go good.

Incidentally looking at other vids, Jesus some people overdo it with the visual effects sometimes icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Love the song on that compilation \o/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Which one? It has a number of different ones. icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

Giggs just go good.

Incidentally looking at other vids, Jesus some people overdo it with the visual effects sometimes icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Love the song on that compilation \o/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Which one? It has a number of different ones. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Missed an 's' pff icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

Are you going up for the spurs game eddie? I may drive/could give you a lift/will get the coach im undecided yet.

My one united membership hasnt updated onto their database i suppose so I cant apply for newcastle tickets or get any tickets off the swap place. dammit. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not Spurs, no.

But the Arse game is a must. I'll pay a tout for a ticket if needs be, but I have to be there for that one.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

Im in france for that, how ironic. angryfire.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just say Non. Don't go. icon15.gif

Manchester is far better than anywhere in France, ffs.

Mart can you get me a ticket via RI for sperz rather than going through this exchange thing so i dont get stung for an extra tenner for delivery etc. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's what he will be doingfor me until they get their fingers out of their arses & get my membership pack sent out.

There were a few empty seats yesterday so I imagine getting tickets shouldn't be a problem tbh.

ffs Giggs is a LEDGE

And he's actually looked rather good in recent weeks too.

To the guy who said he should be played on the left.. that was the problem.. he randomly started drifiting all over the place last couple of years and it doesnt suit him.

Against Fulham there were STILL flashes of the brilliant dribbling ability he has.. plus that cross... he's not what he was but to say Smith is more of a legend already is a complete joke.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

also the irony is in that first Giggs clip on youtube, after ~1.50mins it's Alan Smith that he breezes past icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thought it was icon_biggrin.gif

It's in the 2nd clip two right near the start.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

and that halfway line volley that hit the bar would have just been unbelievable had it gone in. so much better than the Beckham effort. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, ah well at least we still scored from it icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gazz22:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

the bench made sense. we didnt know how easy the game would be, fletcher had jones place and ogs had rossis. given ole will now be playing in rooneys place it made sense to get him 30 minutes over rossi. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Then why all the comments from Fergie about Rossi being tested this season? When all our strikers are fit that then means Rossi doesn't get any time in Premiership games. One plus for Ruud going was to see Rossi move up the pecking order, but Ole has put him right back down again. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The 'pecking order' isn't set in stone after one game you know? And talking about 'when all our strikers is fit' is a bit pointless when two of them are Saha and Solskjaer, don't you think? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What Mark said really, but in addition to the injury threat...

I know it can't really be worked out from one performance, and we had pretty much taken our foot off the pedal when he came on, but I'm definitely going to be watching with interest in the coming weeks to see how Ole deals with the pace of the Prem after being out for so long.

It's probably a concern that will prove to be unfounded but I thought he had quite a difficult time getting into the game after he came on despite the relatively untesting circumstances he found himself in. I know it happens sometimes, that the circumstances don't lend themselves to good performances, but I can't say I remember him having much involvement in what few counter-attacks/build-ups that we did put together in the 2nd half. In fact I seem to remember him drifting a bit aimlessly towards the left hand side of the pitch rather than being involved/moving centrally.

If this develops into a pattern rather than a blip then its clear that we'll see Rossi involved more often sooner rather than later.

But like I intimated above, its too early to make a full judgement but since he'll probably start next to Saha while Rooney's suspended that should give him decent playing time to allay my concerns. Charlton & Watford are ideal games for him to do this really.

So because Bayern have said he'll stay that's what will happen?

"Andriy Shevchenko is incredible," Galliani told the AC Milan website.

"We've been asked to name our price but answered he was beyond any price and out of the market. He has four years to run on his contract - he'll stay."

"I am fed up with Sir Alex Ferguson trying to disrupt my club and constantly try to unsettle my players," said al Fayed.

"I have a clear message to Sir Alex and anyone else who is interested: 'Read my lips, Saha is not for sale'."

"I tell you the same thing - he's not for sale and that's the end of it."

icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

So because Bayern have said he'll stay that's what will happen?

"Andriy Shevchenko is incredible," Galliani told the AC Milan website.

"We've been asked to name our price but answered he was beyond any price and out of the market. He has four years to run on his contract - he'll stay."

"I am fed up with Sir Alex Ferguson trying to disrupt my club and constantly try to unsettle my players," said al Fayed.

"I have a clear message to Sir Alex and anyone else who is interested: 'Read my lips, Saha is not for sale'."

"I tell you the same thing - he's not for sale and that's the end of it."

icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

someone's been on ri?

i don't think hargreaves will happen tbh, bayern are a massive club and are too stubborn to sell just because its us. they dont need the money and they've already lost ballack and ze roberto so i cant see it. top players dont tend to go to germany so german clubs dont like to lose their top players. we'll see though but im not confident, which is why we should have got senna.

p.s. smith played 66 minutes tonight icon14.gif

also the irony is in that first Giggs clip on youtube, after ~1.50mins it's Alan Smith that he breezes past icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know puts my whole argument down the toilet really icon_frown.gif.

Anyway just got back from watching reserves ended up 6-2 to us when I left Rossi got two icon_cool.gif, Eagles got one, Jonah got one and the left back of ours , not sure on the name but was captain. All the team was pretty good with their one touch passing except for Liam Miller , I ask you guys how on earth does he get a game of football before Darren Fletcher. Whilst I am not Fletchers biggest admirer, he should be getting more action that Miller. Every time he got the ball he gave it away, he was as useless as a choclate kettle.

Smithy was fighting for every ball as usual even if he was off the pace a bit , which is to be expected. Rossi was frustrating himself before he got the goal , then you could see the confidence back all his little touches were sublime and thought David Jones was our best player with an honourable mention to Chris Eagles icon_eek.gif .

Expect Rossi in squad for Wednesday and Smith maybe back September some time.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 14AlanSmithifb:

Anyway just got back from watching reserves ended up 6-2 to us when I left R </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You left early? icon_mad.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

oh yeh something i thought of today, remember that headline after the world cup?

'when i see ronaldo ill put a pickaxe in his head'

yeh right </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's an expression of pain tbh, not joy. He is crushing his head with all the strength he can muster.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

i don't think hargreaves will happen tbh, bayern are a massive club and are too stubborn to sell just because its us. they dont need the money and they've already lost ballack and ze roberto so i cant see it. top players dont tend to go to germany so german clubs dont like to lose their top players. we'll see though but im not confident, which is why we should have got senna.

p.s. smith played 66 minutes tonight icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I explained all this a half dozen pages ago, but BBB will not listen. icon15.gif

oh yeh something i thought of today, remember that headline after the world cup?

'when i see ronaldo ill put a pickaxe in his head'

yeh right </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's quite clearly trying to remove his head

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Smith makes smooth return for Man Utd

Manchester United striker Alan Smith returned to the public arena at Preston tonight, exactly 184 days since suffering his horrific double leg break in the FA Cup defeat to Liverpool.

Smith appeared to come through his first official reserve team outing unscathed, lasting 66 minutes of the 7-2 Lancashire Senior Cup win at Deepdale.

While the England international did look some way short of match fitness, with Wayne Rooney suspended for United's next three games, he could have an outside chance of muscling his way onto the bench for Saturday's Barclays Premiership encounter with Watford.

Far more likely though, is a couple more second string appearances for the 25-year-old during the forthcoming international break before a possible appearance against Tottenham on September 9.

Although Smith did feature in a closed-doors game against Royal Antwerp last week, tonight's outing was another significant step in his recovery from the appalling injury he suffered at Anfield in February.

Starting up front alongside rising star Giuseppe Rossi, the former Leeds player displayed all his usual strength and aggression.

With no replacement in sight for Ruud van Nistelrooy, Sir Alex Ferguson has already declared his intention to utilise Smith as an orthodox striker this season, ending the single-season experiment as a holding midfielder.

The £6million former Leeds star did show glimpses of his ability, curling an early shot at Preston keeper Andy Lonergan.

Smith also set Rossi up with a decent chance, although he would have been less happy with the shot he screwed wide just past the half hour having been set clear inside the area by Liam Miller and a mis-hit volley which bounced wide after half-time.

He appeared happy enough when he was replaced by Sean Evans midway through the second half, although his contribution was overshadowed by that of Rossi.

The teenage forward, capped at under-21 level for the first time by Italy last week, enhanced his own growing reputation with a well-taken brace, with Phil Marsh (2), Chris Eagles, Danny Rose and David Jones also on target for the visitors.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

id go with the following

vds

nev

evra

rio

wes

ronnie

fletch

oshea

giggs

ogs

saha

thought giggs was really good on sunday so id like to see him remain on the wing rather than pushed inside. even if he plays in the middle it will more than likely be alongside oshea so id rather fletch was given that role and he remains where hes best. think ogs will get the nod over rossi.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 14AlanSmithifb:

Anyway just got back from watching reserves ended up 6-2 to us when I left R </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You left early? icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, I know it must be catching!

Anyway for Charlton I would go with:

Van Der Saar

Nveille

Rio

Wes

Evra

Ronaldo

O'Shea

Giggs

Park

Ole

Saha

Bench:

Kuszack

Silvestre

Fletcher

Richardson

Rossi

Also does anyone know what the hell is up with Fletcher is he injured or what because he can't seem to get a game even in the reserves for love nor money.

Yesterday, don't get me wrong, I hate the scousers but yesterday it seemed 90% of songs were about the scousers, the Gerrard song, why? It's embarrasing, do the scouse sing non stop about us?

We had a fecking great game yesterday, we've got songs for every player but now it's all about the scousers.

The week before a us/scouse game is fine but not the first game of the season when we're playing some bloody great football.

Didn't hear that where I was, mainly Ole songs in the East. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep only heard a couple of anti-Scouse songs to be honest.

Think the lower east tried to get Scholes' song on the go but didn't translate anywhere else obvi.

For Charlton I think it'll be (not what I want it to be & assuming that GNev was only taken off as a precaution):

- - - - - - - - van der Sar - - - - - - - -

- - - - - Ferdinand - - - Brown - - - - - -

- - G Neville - - - - - - - - - - Evra - - -

- - - - - - O'Shea - - - Giggs - - - - - - -

- - Ronaldo - - - - - - - - - - Richardson -

- - - - - - Saha - - - Solskjaer - - - - - -

Bench: TK - Silvestre - Fletch - Park - Rossi

Archived