The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

icon_biggrin.gif

I didn't like the last kit either, but the 2002-2004 home one I thought was good.

As far as our aways go, I've not minded most of the Nike ones, apart from that white thing with the red stripes, despite the collar icon_frown.gif

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

I hope it is a darker shade, the redblood one looks too light. Also, most of the better home shirts had a bit of black in them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree with that.

Ah well, Conference football, Conference shirt, maybe that's the plan?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

Ronaldinho has been repeatedly playing as Manchester United in computer football game competitions within the Brazil camp. (Daily Mirror)

United to sign Ronaldinho? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He turned us down. I wouldn't take him if he begged us now. He'll have to stick playing for whatever crap spanish side he went to.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Nah I like some of the Nike ones tbf, I like a lot of them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

When I say a lot, I mean a lot of the shirts full stop not a lot of the Nike ones though.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

In fact the three best Nike shirts are the three from our first season with them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I didn't like the sponsors logo on that. The raised effect didn't really work for me.

• Administrators

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Deportivo La Coruna have given the green light for clubs to bid for their Argentine midfielder Aldo Duscher.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Go, go, go.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Deportivo La Coruna have given the green light for clubs to bid for their Argentine midfielder Aldo Duscher.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Go, go, go. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

chelsea to sneak in when other rivals show interest

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Real Madrid presidential candidate Lorenzo Sanz has confirmed the name of the England international he claims will be moving to the Spanish capital if he wins the race to become supremo at El Santiago Bernabeu.

Arsenal's Ashley Cole was widely expected to be named, but in a surprising twist, Sanz claims that Michael Carrick is the man who is on his way to Real - should he win the election on Sunday.

Sanz said he had five transfers sealed and, with that, has also named Argentine starlet Fernando Gago, Dutch defender Khalid Boulahrouz, Italian ace Gianluca Zambrotta and Brazil's Emerson as done deals.

"[We have agreements] both with the players and their clubs," Sanz announced at a news conference.

"These players have agreements with my technical staff who, if we win the election, will resign if we are not able to carry out the deals on Monday.

"They are Dutch defender Khalid Boulahrouz, Italian defender Gianluca Zambrotta, England midfielder Michael Carrick, Brazil midfielder Emerson and Argentinian midfielder Fernando Gago, who plays for Boca Juniors."

Sanz is the third candidate to name his targets in the last 48 hours - all of which have had a Premiership flavour and have been met with frosty receptions on these shores.

The first was Juan Miguel Villar Mir who claimed Cristiano Ronaldo was ready to join the club and then Ramon Calderon stated that Chelsea's Arjen Robben will be one of his signings if he wins power.

Both Manchester United and Chelsea were quick and stern in their denials and Tottenham are likely to follow suit over Carrick - who is also a confirmed transfer target for The Red Devils.

Spurs coach Martin Jol has emphatically stated he wants Carrick to remain at White Hart Lane and his attitude is unlikely to have changed in recent weeks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can't be arsed doing that 15 point thing but with regards to it's general argument... There has always been the argument support the shirts and leave it at that. However, the last year or so in particular and obviously years prior to that has made it difficult for some reds to ignore the political side.

As far as liking certain players and disliking others, hasn't it always been like that? Just nowadays we don't have as many good players to like?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i125/fenonimoplus/Man...erUnitedRedNike1.png - Looks good on FM </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Looks shocking. Like Matt said, it looks like the shirt of a non-league club or something.

No offence FC fans :/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

None taken. The FC shirt doesn't have quite so much piping and bears no logo... however, I think the plainer home shirts are always the better ones, I don't see the point of a white flash across the collar and other patterns. I don't mind them tinkering a bit more with the aways.

if all these reports are true we are so fecking boned... icon_biggrin.gificon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

marks right. What i dont like about CQ is the football we were playing at a time when he was supposed to wield a lot of power over the way we played.

I do remember when we first got him though and won the title, i thought he was great and was delighted when we got him back from Madrid. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

not saying you're right or wrong, but the argument against that point is that during his first stint with us we played some of the best football we have in aaaaaaages.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

The original black viewcam shirt is the last I bought. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

our best kit ever imo icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blaine:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i125/fenonimoplus/Man...erUnitedRedNike1.png - Looks good on FM </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Looks shocking. Like Matt said, it looks like the shirt of a non-league club or something.

No offence FC fans :/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

None taken. The FC shirt doesn't have quite so much piping and bears no logo... however, I think the plainer home shirts are always the better ones, I don't see the point of a white flash across the collar and other patterns. I don't mind them tinkering a bit more with the aways. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I completely agree. 'Non-league' was maybe the wrong description - the proposed new home kit looks like one of those ones who see in JJB for five-a-side/local teams to buy in bulk.

I guess it's Nike continuing their retro theme. Maybe it'll grow on me.

From MEN

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Fergie dismisses Ronaldo rumours

SIR Alex Ferguson insists "there isn't a problem" with Manchester United winger Cristiano Ronaldo despite reports linking the Portuguese star with a move to Real Madrid.

Real presidential candidate Juan Miguel Villar Mir pledged he would sign the 21-year-old if elected on Sunday, and the Spanish press quoted the player as saying he "dreamed" of a move to Madrid.

But Ferguson takes the reports with a very large pinch of salt, dismissing Villar Mir's claims as "electioneering".

Ferguson told MUTV: "There isn't a problem with the boy and I don't expect any problems.

"Over the years when people have been involved in a bid to become president at Madrid they have used clubs like ours.

"They (the candidates) talk about what they're going to do for Madrid and how they will bring in big players.

"They have promised to buy about half a dozen players over the last few weeks including Ronaldo and Fernando Torres from Atletico Madrid.

"I've experienced it time and time again in the past. It's just talk to try and encourage people to vote for them." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

(wishful thinking) Fergie using Torres as an example because he know he won't be going to Real but to United? icon_cool.gif

the proposed new home kit looks like one of those ones who see in JJB for five-a-side/local teams to buy in bulk.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's EXACTLY it icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Timmy Howard:

From MEN

(wishful thinking) Fergie using Torres as an example because he know he won't be going to Real but to United? icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly what I thought when I read the article on sky sports 1. Its as if Fergies saying it jokingly because he knows he's signed for someone else.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

stop moaning about the kit ffs </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's either the kit, the Ruud sitation, our lack of midfield signings, people touting overly ambitious names or bemoaning the thought of average ones, take your pick. icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

I'm the only one that likes the shirt icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

wrong </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i like it to, should put your mind to rest icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

We could lock the thread every Tuesday. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i'm sure i'm missing something obvious here... why tuesdays? icon_biggrin.gif

Today's United-related rumours. Maybe there'll be something positive in here...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Manchester United are ready to up their bid for Tottenham midfielder Michael Carrick to more than £15m. (The Times)

Lorenzo Sanz, the Real Madrid presidential candidate, also wants to sign Carrick if he gets elected on Sunday. (The Times)

Rio Ferdinand's gran, Joan Lavender, 77, says England "should get a bit dirtier" in their style of play. (The Sun) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Uh... that's it. :/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

We could lock the thread every Tuesday. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i'm sure i'm missing something obvious here... why tuesdays? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why must everyone assume there's a reason behind my inane ramblings? icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by snipersdream:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Manchester United are ready to up their bid for Tottenham midfielder Michael Carrick to more than £15m. (The Times)

Lorenzo Sanz, the Real Madrid presidential candidate, also wants to sign Carrick if he gets elected on Sunday. (The Times)

Rio Ferdinand's gran, Joan Lavender, 77, says England "should get a bit dirtier" in their style of play. (The Sun) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Uh... that's it. :/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A granny telling the england players to be more dirty? That'll be Rooney with the horn all weekend then.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by snipersdream:

Uh... that's it. :/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A granny telling the england players to be more dirty? That'll be Rooney with the horn all weekend then. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

maybe she was thinking of collymore?

Archived