Advice needed please!

I've just managed to take Burnley to Premierleague in the games third season. Whenever I usually go up to the big league I tend to struggle a lot and usually always get sacked/come straight back down. I am concerned by tactic that won me promotion just won't be enough next season. What are the best tactics to employ to ensure survival? I only have £13.5m to spend but haven't signed anyone as of yet - I wanted to wait to see how I'll set up next season.

Can anyone give me any advice at all?

http://s9.postimg.org/6ytocwgrz/Untitled.png

Well its not about "use this tactic, it's amazing" because different systems suit or don't suit different teams. Its about playing to your team's strengths while trying to nullify your opponents strengths and exploit their weaknesses. So your squad comparison page is important, as is identifying key players in your squad that are central to your team. Can your squad pull off what you ask of them? As for your current system you will struggle to score goals - lack of proper movement and runs from midfield, your flanks are very static and predictable, and your TM striker will be very isolated.

Well its not about "use this tactic, it's amazing" because different systems suit or don't suit different teams. Its about playing to your team's strengths while trying to nullify your opponents strengths and exploit their weaknesses. So your squad comparison page is important, as is identifying key players in your squad that are central to your team. Can your squad pull off what you ask of them? As for your current system you will struggle to score goals - lack of proper movement and runs from midfield, your flanks are very static and predictable, and your TM striker will be very isolated.

Hi,

thanks for your response. The tactic I just posted won me promotion, scoring goals wasn't a problem and it worked very well! I just had reservations about it working in a higher league against better opposition.

You got my team promoted, good show!

I agree with llama3 though. You can't just use a blanket tactic.

Away you will need to be quite defensive, maybe a 4-5-1, keep it tight, and look to hit on the counter.

At home, you have more license to go for it, but you can't push up to high, because a lot of the PL teams have fast strikers.

Analyse each match and look where gaps may be appearing. And look for weaknesses in their team.

Are you ST being tightly marked? Drop the striker deeper and draw the DC's out of position.

I would agree with claretmatt - I would have a tendancy to be more cautious, and especially away from home. You'll chances on the break, make sure you have a real pacy option or 2 wide that can help this.

Archived