DM vs. AMC?

Okay, I've gotten 2 4 star AMC regens in my youth intake, the only problem being I don't use AMCs. I could retrain them, of course, but I was wondering what the functional difference would be if I scrapped my DM for AMC; I run a 4-5-1 as described by the game right now. I generally play either defensive (for man utd, city, newcastle, chelsea) and attacking (for the rest).

This is mostly a theory question, as I would probably just retrain them to be MC anyway, but plenty of teams use what I'm suggesting. and I'm very bad at tactics and tactical theory. Another possibility is keeping the DM for the defensive formation and using the AMC for the attacking one.

The functional difference is that you'll have a 4-2-3-1. Depending on roles and duties both could play as 4-3-3, with the triangle pointing to the other side. Or they could play like completely different formation.

Another possibility is keeping the DM for the defensive formation and using the AMC for the attacking one.

The funny thing is, the DM might be the better shape for attack, and the AMC for defence.

The DM triangle looks like a V. You have the DM protecting the defence, making 2 players available to join the attack.

The AM triangle looks like a A. You have the AM supporting the attack, while 2 players hold the midfield and protect the defence.

Archived