What Effect Will Being Retired From Hands-On Roles Have On A Scout?

Basically as the title. My Chief Scout decided to retire from hands-on roles. He is still in his job and I am still able to offer him a new contract as a Chief Scout.

KJJUkPR.jpg

I have seen a few odd news messages where when a scout should be reporting on a player there isn't actually any report, I'm not sure if that is connected or not. I'm tempted to sack him and bring in someone else just in case.

I've kept him on to see what happens and I'll let his contract run out rather then sack him. I managed a couple of weeks and he still appears to be scouting, seems to take forever to scout targets but can't be certain if that is new or not.

Steam is giving me some problems right now so I can't do a proper check on it.

not sure if it will affect scouting roles as we dont have alot of information on how our scouts work in fm.

would love for more information on how our scouts are doing their job.

for example when clicking on a scout that is scouting the bundesliga it could state he plans to scout this specific game happening at the weekend, especially if that game had players on your shortlist.

i think as of right now it just means he will refuse to coach.

quoted from FM14 researcher guidelines for staff members...

Hands-on Role Non-Player Retirement: for when a non-player retires from “hands-on” Non-Player roles (i.e. non-playing roles that involve the non-player in the day-to-day preparation of the players for forthcoming matches – manager, asst. manager, any form of coaching).

quoted from FM14 researcher guidelines...

Hands-on Role Non-Player Retirement:for when a non-player retires from “hands-on” Non-Player roles (i.e. non-playing roles that involve the non-player in the day-to-day preparation of the players for forthcoming matches; – manager, asst. manager, any form of coaching).

I believe it just stops a non-player from taking on that kind of work in the same way as 'pro' only retirement stops a player from signing a pro contract again.

Archived