Very Weird lag.

Forgive me if this is the wrong section or its been brought up before I couldn't find anything.

There's weird periods where this game is incredibly laggy... Whenever I'm in conversation with a player, agent, trading/buying,etc. And when I click continue to move to the next day its really choppy and not fluid at all. The match engine is seamless everything is fine. 5 Stars for performance and game speed as its a smaller database. My video card is updated.

Any ideas? I have 16 gig of ram as well.

The interface becomes laggy for me at times also.

I don't know what causes it, but for me it gets fixed with two steps:

1. Optimize SSD (TRIM). With standard HDD defragmenting probably would do the same.

2. Restart PC

That is not an optimal solution, but it is the only thing that fixes the issue for me.

Yea. Restarting doesn't help in my case ... And the SSD optomize... I believe everything is ok with the SSD... the game has always been this way since I purchased 2014, its not something that just started happening..

Yea. Restarting doesn't help in my case ... And the SSD optomize... I believe everything is ok with the SSD... the game has always been this way since I purchased 2014, its not something that just started happening..

So, it's laggy for you all the time?

For me it's working perfectly fine 95% of the time. Then all of the sudden there starts to be lag in the interface, at that time the steps i mentioned help to resolve it.

Can't really say what would help for constant lag though.

The interface becomes laggy for me at times also.

Do you mean as if when the menu slides in/out (when hitting continue among other things) it seems to happen with 5-10 fps? If so, I have the same problem. It forces me to reboot the computer every now and then so it's not a big problem, but a bit annoying nevertheless

Do you mean as if when the menu slides in/out (when hitting continue among other things) it seems to happen with 5-10 fps? If so, I have the same problem. It forces me to reboot the computer every now and then so it's not a big problem, but a bit annoying nevertheless

Yes, exactly that.

It appears completely random, sometimes it happens right when you start the game, sometimes after several hours. Sometimes there can be days between it happening, so really hard to figure out what does it.

I had Java 7 u45, so not horribly out of date, but not completely up to date either. Going to install the newest version to see if it helps

But I doubt it. I've had this problem since FM 12 or something like that, across two different pcs and two different operating systems. It's just a big pile of mystery, and I've come to accept it :p

Assuming my problem is the same as OP's, the game processes at the expected speed and there are no virus program or other cleaning program doing a scan. The problem is only graphical, and it only appears in the menus (not inside the match engine)

Archived