Conversion Rates

I average around 15-20 shots per game. Generally, i create around 1-4 CCCs per game and around 3-6 Half Chances. Of this, i average 1.8 goals per game. This is deceptive, there are games where i create 30 shots and score 4-5. Other games i score 0. I compare this to teams i play against.

On average, most teams have between 3-6 shots against me. Generally, they create 0-1 CCCs per game and around 1-3 Half Chances. Of this, they score 1.1 goals per game.

I play as Borossia Dortmund, im top with 17 wins, 6 draws and 1 loss. Im curious about the conversion rates. I seem to need to create quadruple the chances of my opposition to a goal. Of those 6 draws, 4 have been 1-1 and 2 0-0. In those 6 games i have had 67 shots, 16 CCCs, 31 Half Chances = 4 goals. The opposition had 14 shots, 2 CCCs, 8 Half chances = 4 goals. We're talking about players of Reus, Lewandowski quality etc missing countless 1 on 1's etc.

Is there a general rule on conversion rates? why are so many of my players continually missing guilt edged chances, yet when i come up against other teams players of lesser quality can score with 1 chance. Yes, it happens in football, but ive assessed my whole season - and the statistics are scary!

Forget about CCC's. They're not as clear as they always look. Sometimes it can be a chance at a great position e.g. the far post but the angle is too tight to actually score. The game will still call this a CCC when it's pretty clear, it's not. If you're constantly missing clear chances that are as they seem then maybe you need to analyse your tactics.

What brawla said. Just forget about the CCC number. Don't even look at it. What to do is to physically look at the "chances" and forget about the ones that are wrong. The numbers will look a lot better then. If they don't, then your tactics aren't helping in some way, maybe putting too much pressure on the players so that each missed chance causes them to miss an easier one next, and so on.

Archived