Board Promise - Attacking Football

I have just finished my first season with Crewe, scoring 87 goals, the second highest in League 1.

However the board are only 43% happy with the attacking football we've tried to play.

Any idea why this is so low? Despite being the 2nd highest scorers in the league this season.

When it was first introduced I think it was only checked against your tactical strategy, i.e Standard/Control/Attacking. It might have changed since then though. Either way, if you feel it's not right you can probably remove it from the contract negotiations.

I have just finished my first season with Crewe, scoring 87 goals, the second highest in League 1.

However the board are only 43% happy with the attacking football we've tried to play.

Any idea why this is so low? Despite being the 2nd highest scorers in the league this season.

I could be wrong here, but doesn't the amount of shots per game count (along with goals, I'm sure) as attacking football? How many are you getting per game?

Does it really matter? If you're meeting and exceeding the expectations in the league, etc, then it is highly unlikely they will sack you.

He's not worried about getting the sack, he just wants to know how attacking football is defined, if not by being the 2nd highest scorers in the league.

It's definitely not to do with your mentality, because I play counter and the board are 100% happy with my attacking football, I believe it's the amount of shots you have, or the number of chances you create.

He's not worried about getting the sack, he just wants to know how attacking football is defined, if not by being the 2nd highest scorers in the league.

It's definitely not to do with your mentality, because I play counter and the board are 100% happy with my attacking football, I believe it's the amount of shots you have, or the number of chances you create.

I'm well aware of that. I was merely pointing out that it doesn't really matter if he is playing hugely attacking football or not aslong as he is doing well.

It does matter if you don't remove the attacking philosophy from there expectations.

If you are doing well and meeting/exceeding targets in the compeitions entered then the philosophies are largely irrelevant.

I play counter and they're 100% happy with my attacking football. Although I also play 442, so maybe two up top helps.

Irrelevant I'd say. I'm currently at Spurs and play one up front and t'board are also 100% pleased with my attempts at attacking play.

Archived