Computer AI is the biggest cheat.

I played a game with QPR was crusing to promotion with six games left 7 points clear of 3rd. In my last ten games I had an inexplicable dip in form with 5 away wins and five home defeats. I'm sorry that's just not realistic. I had only lost at home once before this. And I've not changed tactics from my winning ones that got me there. Long story short I was promoted on GD.

THe following season i'm locked in a battle to stay up and play West Brom at home towards the end. I go 1-0 up and am pretty comfortable but then have 3 players sent off and crash 3-1. I am relegated on goal difference West Brom finished 17th. I feel sometimes when I play this game the computer teams are all against me lol. There will always be the correct sequence of computer results to take advantage of any slips by me. And injuries always seem to occur to key players at crucial times. The balance is definitely favouring the AI.

No, it's not.

The match engine does not differentiate between human and AI managers, it's effectively a (very complex) calculator that uses all of the different inputs fed into it before the match. Both human and AI managers input the same types of information, there is no bias or advantage to either.

Moderator always said the ME does not know who is AI and player. ME is just the process. The result is determined by input from both sides. However, We, players dont know, or even impossible to solve in some situations which is decided by the ME, but AI knows. For example, GK keeps kicking the ball and keeps losing the possession, until they score. In-logical OG. Extremely high tackle efficient from AI team. Developer have input the code for AI when they meet this situations. But We, player dont know how to solve it. No one tell us how to solve it. How AI can do it. We dont know how to duel with it. Imperfect knowledge and information. This is disadvantage for us.

But GK keeps kicking the ball and keeps losing the possession, extremely high tackle efficient from AI team, does it necessary mean that it must be tactic issue? NO. This is ME issue. No one can help us. Even moderators dont know how to solve it.

For details what I have mentioned, please have a look on follow links.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/384578-How-does-the-AI-mark-all-my-defenders-preventing-the-GK-distributing-to-defense

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/379793-Reviewed-Tackle-in-14.20-PKM-provided

PS. Offside BUG, since FM13, is sometimes still happening in 14.22( about 2~3 match for 1 ). Will it exist in FM 15? HAHA

1. Distribute to defenders.

2. Drop deeper.

3. Much deeper defensively.

4. Select a midfielder who will win the initial header.

5. Select a GK who can kick the ball further.

Won't help*, it's a bug - but it also happens to the AI. People don't seem to mind about that last bit, though.

*well, it'll help minimise it, but it'll still happen

1~3 must not work. Tried

4th and 5th one.... Ah.... Yes, you are right........... I think........

the problem Is We dont know how the ME works. SO we dont know how to solve it. But AI knows. They know how to solve it. When we meet some situations and problems, AI knows how to solve. But we Dont know. The above situations are only example. DO SI MOD understand?

Dont expect every players are professional in football. Many of them are just the fans of one team or so on. Even you are, (just like me) working hard on reading lots of blogs, post in tactics forum, you still cant solve some of it. You are helpless to force to lose in some in-logical situation.

I played a game with QPR was crusing to promotion with six games left 7 points clear of 3rd. In my last ten games I had an inexplicable dip in form with 5 away wins and five home defeats. I'm sorry that's just not realistic. I had only lost at home once before this. And I've not changed tactics from my winning ones that got me there. Long story short I was promoted on GD.

THe following season i'm locked in a battle to stay up and play West Brom at home towards the end. I go 1-0 up and am pretty comfortable but then have 3 players sent off and crash 3-1. I am relegated on goal difference West Brom finished 17th. I feel sometimes when I play this game the computer teams are all against me lol. There will always be the correct sequence of computer results to take advantage of any slips by me. And injuries always seem to occur to key players at crucial times. The balance is definitely favouring the AI.

Whining won't help u improve in the game

End of season is usually the hardest, especially if you have been performing above expectations.

I always keep the team body language on my match screen and have noticed a few things about this.

Getting team talks wrong in the important end season matches, will cause most of your team being nervous. That will probably cost you the game.

So, during the end season matches, it is very important to get the talks right, not being too demanding, but not too soft either. It depends on the team of course, so you need to know the personalities in your squad and how they react to different things.

One thing to note is also, that even the more senior players can get very nervous in important matches, if they are not good in handling pressure.

You tend to notice when things go against you a lot more when things go for you. I wouldn't say the AI has an advantage. In fact playing against intelligent humans it probably has a disadvantage.

Yea agreed, selective memory is the reason for most complaints here

No, it's not.

The match engine does not differentiate between human and AI managers, it's effectively a (very complex) calculator that uses all of the different inputs fed into it before the match. Both human and AI managers input the same types of information, there is no bias or advantage to either.

It differentiates between human and AI managers when it comes to transfers, doesn't it?

No, it's not.

The user has a much larger potential input than the AI, though? We can go to extremes that the AI has been programmed not to go to, so the match engine will give some unexpected results then? The source of exploit tactics, but also very poor ones, when your players suddenly go berzerk. That's what I think happens anyway.

Still think the game cheats in the way all games cheat - to make it more challenging to the user, e.g. give AI access to information (or whatever) that the user cannot access/see. These can sometimes also go to extremes if a bug slips through. Oh well :)

Was another team hot on your tail first season? I've always found that at the business end of the season the team talks that have worked all season suddenly stop working if you're in 1st place. Why? Because the pressure is overwhelming the team! Send the boys out with a "No pressure!" shout ringing in their ears and they'll be fine. This is especially true if your team aren't a battle hardened bunch! I've just finised a first season as Dover; with 3 games to go we needed 3 points to guarentee 1st place. The first game was against bottom of the league, and I told them I expected a win...we lost 2-1 playing some of our worst football! The second game was against Eastleigh in 2nd place, I told everyone no pressure and we ran out 5-0 winners.

FM is incredibly realistic. Chances are if you're nervous before clicking kick-off, so are your virtual players!

Those 5 home defeats may have been against tough opposition. At least the 5 away wins still helped you achieve promotion, despite the AI "cheating".

I often find the reverse happens; I get to the business end of the season in 2nd place, while the leaders have been on an amazing run I can't see them failing. All of a sudden, they start losing silly matches whilst I beat everyone in sight and nick the title. In one season, Man Utd were on 100 points after 37 games with me on 98 and their GD was 5 better than mine. They were on course to beat my points record of 102 with an easy game at home to Stoke whilst I was away to Ipswich. I beat Ipswich 7-0 to give myself a chance and amazingly United, who had a 100% home record until now and had been scoring 4 goals a game at home, somehow drew 0-0 meaning I won on GD.

I wonder if the United AI manager accused the game of cheating him? Probably not. He understands that my team are better at this stage of the season due to my squad rotation to keep the whole squad fresh.

Here is an exmaple I have just played the match.

91 tackles attempt with 17 fouls and 92 success rate by AI team

67 tackles attempt with 25 fouls and 82 success rate by my team.

When I saw AI was so effective on tackle and win the ball back, I know I must lose even I score first, 4 ccc by my team VS 1 chance created BY AI. Even my team have played a great defense, they just need corner, long throw in. They can score.

I know I cant win within first 30mins. But I can do nothing to change it. I have tried, but nothing works. This is an example how I am frustrating.

fm2014-02-1920-33-13-98_zps92aab76a.jpg

fm2014-02-1920-32-07-61_zps805cd88f.jpg

Here is an exmaple I have just played the match.

91 tackles attempt with 17 fouls and 92 success rate by AI team

67 tackles attempt with 25 fouls and 82 success rate by my team.

When I saw AI was so effective on tackle and win the ball back, I know I must lose even I score first, 4 ccc by my team VS 1 chance created BY AI. Even my team have played a great defense, they just need corner, long throw in. They can score.

I know I cant win within first 30mins. But I can do nothing to change it. I have tried, but nothing works. This is an example how I am frustrating.

fm2014-02-1920-33-13-98_zps92aab76a.jpg

fm2014-02-1920-32-07-61_zps805cd88f.jpg

So...they're better at tackling than you? They're in better positions so that when they do tackle, it isn't a foul? Seriously, there are far more plausible outcomes than "the game is out to get me".

Also, you weren't fouling enough. Ref might have been a bit soft so get stuck into them. They made much fewer tackles than you, but made more fouls. Basically your lot bottled it. Get stuck into em!

[Edit]

They even injured one of you.

Seriously, I would have got them flying in, taken a few cards for the team and then taken them off in the 2nd hakf before they got sent off with the job done and the game won.

[Edit2]

Ok, this is maybe not the best example because I have a feeling it's going to go boobies up but....

I am currently playing away at Napoli, (I'm San Marino), and they are top of the table and were are hoping to just about qualify for Europe. We are decimated by injuries and suspension but with only 16 minutes gone we have already had 3 players booked and another 2 warned. If we can get through to half-time with the score still at 0-0 and eleven men on the pitch, then I will sub off 3 of the guys on a yellow and it's properly game on! It's the only chance I have of winning this.

[Edit3]

Nah. Just too strong. Carrying 3 teenagers, (one of them a 16yo and another a 17yo), was just too much. Gave them a shock tho.:lol:

Why is it when users win matches you never hear them mention how those games are set up so that the human player simply can't lose them no matter what the AI does? :rolleyes:

Hehe, yeah, I had a game last night that, were I the AI, I'd've been on the forums complaining at how biased the game is towards human players. I'm top of the league, playing a team in the relegation places. And despite this, right from the whistle they are playing great, and my team sucks. 15 mins in, they take a deserved lead after a well worked move finished from the edge of the area. Half an hour in, and the game starts getting a little unfortunate for the AI - they have one of their CMs sent off (straight red) for what looked like a fairly innocuous tackle . At this point, I begin to take control, but fail to do anything productive: plenty of shots, but not much in the way of clear cut chances. By the 80th minute, the AI's defenders have been having the game of their lives, when finally the resistance is broken: I score from, you guessed, a corner. Still, the AI might well have thought he'd held on to a well deserved point, when deep into injury time, I get a free kick 10 yards into their half, and out by the byline. Everyone goes up, pushing for a late winner, but the delivery is awful and the ball gently drifts into the keepers hands. Except he misses it. 2-1 to me.

A soft red card, corner goal and a god-awful keeper mistake in injury time all in my favour :D

Why is it when users win matches you never hear them mention how those games are set up so that the human player simply can't lose them no matter what the AI does? :rolleyes:

I notice this too. Never seen a thread started because the user was gutted that all results went their way at the end of the season so they won the league.

Also never seen one where someone had to reload 15 times until they finally lost, gutted that the game may have been fixed in their favour.

I've actually seen some posts claiming the game (FM14) was too easy and they were winning way too much...

I've seen this and had it myself especially FM12. Thats is a general statement though, i've never seen a thread started specifically because they've reloaded the same match 15 times and still not lost.

I notice this too. Never seen a thread started because the user was gutted that all results went their way at the end of the season so they won the league.

Then you didn't see my thread a couple of years ago. I'd post a link to it but the search function isn't playing ball today.

I've seen this and had it myself especially FM12. Thats is a general statement though, i've never seen a thread started specifically because they've reloaded the same match 15 times and still not lost.

Well, this thread is not about reloading the same match several times, though you may argue it's somewhat equivalent to save/reload and experience a change in form.

Edit: Or am I mixing up some threads at the moment? :lol:

Well, this thread is not about reloading the same match several times, though you may argue it's somewhat equivalent to save/reload and experience a change in form.

Edit: Or am I mixing up some threads at the moment? :lol:

It was a general statement regarding the usual arguments about 'the game being against me' for one reason or another. :)

It was a general statement regarding the usual arguments about 'the game being against me' for one reason or another. :)

Personally I always feel the game is against me when I experience a prolonged dip in form. It's so hard hating yourself that much :D

Also never seen one where someone had to reload 15 times until they finally lost, gutted that the game may have been fixed in their favour.

On FM12 I was manager of Braunschweig and for whatever reason I didn't want to win the league. I noticed that there was one match that I seemingly couldn't lose (at home to Mainz, who were 8th). I tried over 5 times to lose it (without 'fixing' the outcome) and eventually just gave up aha.

However I would assume that the real reason why nobody ever complains about that is because it's really easy to lose a match. You just play a goalkeeper up front and a striker in goal, with no defenders in front of him :)

On FM12 I was manager of Braunschweig and for whatever reason I didn't want to win the league. I noticed that there was one match that I seemingly couldn't lose (at home to Mainz, who were 8th). I tried over 5 times to lose it (without 'fixing' the outcome) and eventually just gave up aha.

However I would assume that the real reason why nobody ever complains about that is because it's really easy to lose a match. You just play a goalkeeper up front and a striker in goal, with no defenders in front of him :)

I did find FM12 really easy, i never tried to lose a game but similar to you it got to the point when i hoped i wouldn't win the league. Think i knew it was time to stop playing at that point.

There is no cheat.

AI just uses ultra-defensive tactics against player.

For example, flat 4-5-1 are too successful.

Theyre not too successful, only against people who don't know how to deal with teams playing on the counter.

My personal bane is the narrow attacking 4231. These games always end up in high scores for me because i cant stop them, but at least i can score against them as well. 4-4 last time I played against Southampton for example.

No, it's not.

The definitive answer, thanks

Theyre not too successful, only against people who don't know how to deal with teams playing on the counter.

My personal bane is the narrow attacking 4231. These games always end up in high scores for me because i cant stop them, but at least i can score against them as well. 4-4 last time I played against Southampton for example.

Half back in DM tends to deal with the extra AMCs running from deep, I have found.

I hate playing against that formation too! Those teams always tear me apart, no matter what I try to do.

what i want to mention is not ai cheating or not. i hv mentioned many times, i can do nothing in these kinds situation. i have played over 10 seasons in fm14. i watched full match in 90% of the match. when i find out there is a big difference of tackling between teams, no matter how how many chance created, how other stats are good for you, how you make an instruction to your team,you can not win 9 of 10 times. Actually they played in 442 .why their tackle are so effective with a low related defensive rating? as i have mentioned post in the bug forum, why hazard can have so many tackle success with low working rate, aggressive and tackle rating? when i meet this, i only can set play wider to reduce their effectiveness on pressuring my player, stay on fleet to reduce fouling. i can do nothing. after i have set these instruction, i just can do nothing and waiting for a lost.

this is what i said, i dont know how to solve it, but ai does. imperfect information and knowledge.

why their tackle are so effective with a low related defensive rating? as i have mentioned post in the bug forum, why hazard can have so many tackle success with low working rate, aggressive and tackle rating?

Probably because these aren't the only stats that matter when it comes to tackling.

Probably because these aren't the only stats that matter when it comes to tackling.

It's because defending on FM overly relies on successful tacklings, thus the tackling success ratio is very high across all teams (your own too, I might add). At the moment, the outlandish number of registered successful driblings aside, it must be the one statistics that is the most detached from real football. This is something SI are aware of though, but until FM becomes better at modelling defending as a team effort rather than one or two players closing down the ball carrier (as often, but not always the case) we're all stuck with that for the time being.

That includes "lowish" players having great tackling ratios too on many an occasion, the ball has to be won back somehow, and if the attributes for such would be weighted in differently, it would probably result in very few balls won back in areas higher up the pitch (it is usually attacking players who have the lowest attributes in tackling etc.). It's not that there wouldn't be many moments of good anticipation leading to interceptions or something, but combined efforts of pressing aren't that common yet. Hasn't fundamentally ever been any different, I posted a few comparison shots between FM 2012/2014 somewhere in the feedback thread.

I did find FM12 really easy, i never tried to lose a game but similar to you it got to the point when i hoped i wouldn't win the league. Think i knew it was time to stop playing at that point.

FM12 was the last one before this version I played and once you got to a certain point it because very easy. I took Truro from the Skrill South (Conference South) to the Premiership, won the Prem twice, offered the Man Utd job and proceeded to win 10 league titles in a row. Got bored with it in the end.

Archived