[FM 14 Released] Custom match-engine supporters flags and club logos for individual stadiums

strangerthankindness

Interested in adding some variety to each stadium backdrop in the match engine? Looking to bring a club’s fan culture and colors into the game? Hopefully this graphics mod can help: it replaces the various generic FM/Sega/sigames/etc ads along the stadium with club-specific supporter’s flags, logos, tifos, and more, thereby giving each match backdrop a bit more local color and fan flair.

Here are some examples:

5qrn.png

Real Betis (TV cam)

CottbusvStPauli_FieldFull.png

Energie Cottbus (Sideline Cam)

LiverpoolvNottmForest_FieldFull-3.png

Liverpool (Director Cam)

WestHamvArsenal_FieldFull-3.png

West Ham (Rail Cam)

dortmund_behindgoal-1.png

Dortmund (Behind the Goal Cam)

juve_close.png

Juventus (Close Cam)

OMvStadeRennaisFC_FieldFull-4.png

OM (Close cam)

ZenitvACMilan_FieldFull.png

Zenit (Behind the Goal Cam)

RayovValladolid_FieldFull.png

Rayo (Zoomed Vertical Scrolling Cam)

NorwichvArsenal_FieldFull-2.png

Norwich (Director Cam)

What’s in this pack?

STADIUM BANNERS FROM THE TOP FIVE EUROPEAN LEAGUES:

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP * LA LIGA * BUNDESLIGA 1 * SERIE A * LIGUE 1

PLUS: * ENGLISH CHAMPIONSHIP * BUNDESLIGA 2 * ABOUT HALF OF ENGLISH LEAGUE 1

AND: Over 50 top clubs from across Europe (usually Champions League qualifiers), including....

• Austria (Austria Wien, Rapid Wien, Red Bull Salzburg, Sturm Graz)
  • Belgium (Anderlecht, Club Brugge, Genk, Standard Liege)
  • Czech Republic (Slavia Prague, Sparta Prague, Slovan Liberec, Viktoria Plzen)
  • Greece (Olympiakos, Panathanaikos, PAOK)
  • Holland (Ajax, AZ, Feyenoord, PSV, Twente, Vitesse)
  • Israel (Hapoel Tel-Aviv, Maccabi Tel-Avi, Maccabi Haifa)
  • Portugal (Benfica, Braga, P. Ferreira, Porto, Sporting)
  • Scotland (Aberdeen, Celtic, Hearts, Hibs, Motherwell, Rangers, St. Mirren)
  • Turkey (Besiktas, Galatasary, Fenerbache, Trabzonspor)
  • Ukraine (Dynamo Kyiv, Shakhtar)

• Plus APOEL, BATE Borislav, CSKA Sofia, Dinamo Zagreb, FC Basel, FC Kobenhavn, Legia Warsaw, Molde, Partizan Belgrade, Red Star Belgrade, Rosenborg, Steaua Bucharest

Download Link!

http://www.mediafire.com/download/54rk311c703a2y3/CLUB_FLAGS_BANNERS_FOR_MATCH_ENGINE.zip

HOW TO INSTALL

After unpacking the rar/zip file, you’ll find two folders: “ads,” with one xml file, and “pictures,” with a large folder within it called “ads.”

-Place the first ads folder (with the single xml file) into the “My Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2014” folder.

-Place the “pictures” folder (with the large “ads” folder) into the “My Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2014/Graphics” folder (if you don’t have a Graphics folder already created, make one now). (And if you already have a Pictures folder in your Graphics folder, simply place the large ads folder within it).

After this (like any Graphics addition), go to the Interface screen in the game’s Preferences screen: click the Clear Cache button, and make sure the “Reload Skin when confirming changes in Preferences” is clicked. Then click the Reload Skin button. In some cases (especially if you have just looked at a game in the match engine), you will also have to reboot the game entirely, so as to refresh the match-engine graphics and allow the game to access the just-installed xml file. Then, enjoy.

NOTE: IF YOU USE A DOWNLOADED SKIN, YOU MAY HAVE TO ADJUST WHERE TO PUT THE FOLDERS, AS USER ERIMUS1876 POINTS OUT...

"The pictures folder needed to go inside the graphics folder that's inside my skins folder. It wouldn't work for me if I left it in My Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2014/Graphics"

ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS

**This mod owes thanks to the “FM 14 Ad Board Patch” created by tv_capper at sortitoutsi.net, which added realistic ads to the advertising boards. We’ve used their original xml file as a base, changing where necessary and adding a lot onto it, and replaced all their ad images with club-specific banners and flags. Also thanks to a user called renato_2913 on the fm-brasil forums, whose mod put club-specific tifos into the Brazilian league; it’s where I first noticed this was possible. Without the work of these users, this mod could never have been imagined, so thanks again to them.**

** Images were found through various sources: PES users who created their own banner collections, websites devoted to pictures of ultras and tifos, scarf vendors, individual club and supporters’ sites, and many more.**

HOW TO CHANGE PICTURES:

Don’t like one of the pictures used? Want to add your own favorites? Here’s how….

The ads are arranged within the pictures/ads folder like so: pictures/ads/continent/nation/clubs/club name. To change an ad, simply go to the individual clubs folder, then click on each png image file to see the individual image. When you find one you’d like to replace, simply save a new image of your choosing to that folder, using the same name, thereby rewriting and replacing it. Clear Cache and Reload Skin in the game, and you’ll see the image you’ve just added in the game.

Images should be saved as a png file, with pixel dimensions roughly at 1024x248.

FINAL WORDS

Enjoy!! Questions? Comments? Let me know. This mod isn't designed to faithfully replicate every signboard in every stadium, merely to find a way to insert some fan culture and club colors into the game. Also, it proved too time-consuming to position every supporter's flag into its correct spot in a stadium (Curva Nord in the North end, etc), especially as the images are repeated 3-5 times. It's my first graphics upload, done as a little distraction and wind-down while my newborn son slept, with over 2500 images culled from across the web for about 200 different clubs. Hope it adds a bit of color to your game!

• SI Staff

Is there any interest? Of course there is.

Always looking for a way to enhance immersion.

Keep it up this good job.

Take your time, no hurry there..but it would be great to be able to have a glance in game. Would you release one of the league pack already done please? I can't stand see it IG.:rolleyes:

If you got tutorial, just give link...it could be great that I learn how to do such a thing, although I'm not sure to succeed in it.:lol:

Is there any interest? Of course there is.

Always looking for a way to enhance immersion.

Keep it up this good job.

Take your time, no hurry there..but it would be great to be able to have a glance in game. Would you release one of the league pack already done please? I can't stand see it IG.:rolleyes:

If you got tutorial, just give link...it could be great that I learn how to do such a thing, although I'm not sure to succeed in it.:lol:

Just download the adpack, and overwrite the images linked to the club with resized ones you find.

Thanks to everyone for the feedback. Later this weekend or early next week I should have something to upload and share as a work-in-progress. I'm currently working on getting the Bundesliga, Ligue 1, and Serie A done, but am having to create some of the xml coding from scratch for several teams. Also experimenting with where each banner appears in the stadium, to see if I can get Curva Nord banners to be on the northern stadium end, for example. This may be a bit too much for each club, though.

Will keep everyone updated. Thanks again. Also, here are some more examples.

BournemouthvWigan_FieldFull.png

Bournemouth (TV Cam)

FCTwentevStPauli_FieldFull.png

FC Twente (Sideline cam)

4901f5ea-8f59-42d9-b2d5-b8882f3df4a5.png

Porto (Behind Goal)

EDIT: SEE ABOVE FOR DOWNLOAD LINK AND UPDATE. I'll use this space soon to give details on how to add a new club and its images, using the xml file.

Thanks for the kind words, everyone. Got delayed with some real-life distractions, and with adding random teams. Will try to get something up to share very soon. Will see if I can add Sheffield Utd for you, too, JL94x4. I'll also prep a little how-to on how to change the images, in case anyone has particular club banners/fan flags/etc that they'd like to add into their own game.

Thanks!

Hey All-

See above for an update in the original post. I've finished and uploaded the file. The top five European leagues are done, along with Sky Bet Championship, Bundesliga 2, a bit of English League 1 (including Sheffield Utd, per a request above) and the SPL, and over 50 other clubs across Europe. Over 2700 images for more than 150 clubs total. Download link is given in the first post!

Enjoy!

Can't seem to get this to work :confused:

• ads folder placed in "My Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2014" folder. - CHECK
  • pictures folder placed in “My Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2014/Graphics” folder - CHECK
  • cleared cache - CHECK
  • reloaded skin - CHECK
  • tried rebooting FM - CHECK

I'm still seeing the original default SI boards during matches, expect one or two are blank (completely white), so something has changed, unfortunately none of these great new ad boards are appearing.

EDIT: Got it working. The pictures folder needed to go inside the graphics folder that's inside my skins folder. It wouldn't work for me if I left it in My Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2014/Graphics

This is a great mod - well done to all those involved, it really adds something special to the 3d match experience :applause:

Can't seem to get this to work :confused:

EDIT: Got it working. The pictures folder needed to go inside the graphics folder that's inside my skins folder. It wouldn't work for me if I left it in My Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2014/Graphics

Thanks for this feedback, Erimus1876. I haven't used a downloaded skin in awhile, but was wondering if that would affect where to put the files, especially as many skins have their own graphics folders. Glad you were able to get it to work!

Thx for the feedback, too, 8SZAD; glad they're working out!

Are there any plans to make these ad boards for national sides? It would add some colour and atmosphere to the World Cup and Copa America games :)

How would I go about making them myself? I understand how to make the actual ad boards but not so sure on what code would need to be added to the fm.xml file that reads them.

“FM 14 Ad Board Patch” + this mod...

Is possible use both at the same time?

No...as they have different config files......I am in the middle of replacing and renaming these so they replace the ones in the adboards patch.

Its a pain in the ass as well.....would have been easier if both sets of boards had the same names etc....but will carry on.

:(

Erimus1876

Are there any plans to make these ad boards for national sides? It would add some colour and atmosphere to the World Cup and Copa America games

How would I go about making them myself? I understand how to make the actual ad boards but not so sure on what code would need to be added to the fm.xml file that reads them.

Just did a test to see if it was possible, and it can be done...(this is also a primer for changing this xml file in general)....

1. Open the xml file with an actual xml editor.

2. You can either create a new club/country code yourself, or (the faster way) just find a club to replace, one you don't think you'll ever come across in a particular save. For this example, let's use Lechia Gdansk in Poland (sorry, Gdansk dwellers).

3. Search for 'gdansk' in the file; you'll first come across it with a "list id=715912" line after it; this is its club ID in the game, so the file knows to match the ads to the club. It's followed by 45 lines of text after it called "integer value=" with the #'s 10214-10223 repeated several times per line afterwards. These 45 or so #'s link to the # of ads you'll find in the stadium; in this case, gdansk has 10 ads (10214-10223) repeated about 4 and a half times.

4. change gdansk's 'list id=715912' to 'list id=CLUB ID OF CLUB YOU'D LIKE.' In this case, let's use the Holland National team, whose id is 784, so it now reads 'list id=784.

5. Search for gdansk again; you'll find it in the 2nd section of the xml file, which states the pathways to find the ad images. Here it's in a line called "lechia gdansk ads", followed by 10 lines called "record id=10214-23" path/pictures/ads/europe/poland/clubs/lechia gdansk/1-10". This is the path to the folders that hold the actual ad images, for the game to know where to find them.

6. Reword the path files so that they go to where you want them. In this example, let's change them all to "pictures/ads/europe/the netherlands/national/1," the 2/3/4/etc to 10.

7. Save the file correctly.

8. Go into the actual pictures folder, create 10 png images for the Dutch National Team, then put them in a folder called "national" in the pictures/ads/europe/the netherlands" folder. Name them 1-10. (**Make sure to avoid capitol letters**The game doesn't like them, for some reason**)

9. Restart the game fully (so it can re-access the new xml file), clear cache and reload skin, and it should work. I don't think it actually matters what you call the national team folder, just as long as the folder and the xml file have the same wording. The game goes to wherever the xml file tells it to go to find the images; what matters is that the list id# in the first section matches the club (or country) ID #.

**This also applies not just to national teams, but any team not in the xml file that you'd like to add into the program.**

Thanks!!

“FM 14 Ad Board Patch” + this mod...

Is possible use both at the same time?

Yes and no. The Ad Board Patch has two xml files, one for clubs, the other for just competitions. I used an already modified version of the club one (from the fm-brasil mod) as a base for my file, but (as 8SZAD noticed) have modified it quite a bit in order to add more clubs, and to simplify some naming. Depending on which league you're using, you could either find the Ad Board xml file and mine match 80-90%, or just 30-40%. Also, the Ad Board patch mod, even the club one, still used mainly generic competition images as their png images; I've switched all those out and replaced them with the things you see in the examples.

Do these stay on for each stadium, regardless of the competition you are in? Or do they change per competition...

The file has individual club folders, which have images matched just to the stadium; they won't change regardless of if a team is promoted/relegated/etc. That's why I didn't put league-related images into a club folder, in case of future relegation/promotion.

HOWEVER, the file also has a few competition folders (serie a/ligue i/etc), with some generic images for a competition (like UEFA Champions League banners, or La Liga BBVA banners, etc). I've put those in in case a club that isn't in the xml file is promoted; that club/stadium will at least display some banners for the competition they're now in. If there are no competition folders at all, the image will be the default FM ones.

It looks like Club images are prioritized over Competitions, so if an individual club has 10 image slots, and has 10 images in their club folder, then those 10 will appear instead of competition ones. HOWEVER, if you, say, only put 3 images in that club folder slot, the other seven would default in-game to the Competition images, and/or the old FM defaults.

For example, say Inter has 12 images in its club folder, and there are 5 Serie A images too. You could take out 5 of the Inter images from its club folder, leaving 7. The xml file will still tells the game that it needs 12 total images for Inter, so it will take the 7 from the club file, then pull the other 5 out of the Serie A competition folder. I think. There's a chance the generic FM ads may take precedent, though.

I think that make sense? Either way, feel free to play around with the images and adjust them to your needs, and enjoy!

Why does my match engine now only show 2d Classic?

Have no idea about that one, sorry. This mod just changes the boards, and shouldn't affect anything else in the match engine graphics. Usually if it's loaded wrong, the boards will just show up white, but everything else in the game and stadium should still be fine. After checking the obvious (making sure your Camera set-up wasn't switched to 2D Classic), you may want to retrace your steps and try again.

Great work!

But unfortunately I can't get it to work in my FMC save. I have a feeling these graphs might not work for the FMC version, is that right?

I'm also using the official FMC skin so it should work.

Nevermind, restarting the game solved the problem.

• 2 weeks later...

ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS

Also thanks to a user called renato_2913 on the fm-brasil forums, whose mod put club-specific tifos into the Brazilian league; it’s where I first noticed this was possible. Without the work of these users, this mod could never have been imagined, so thanks again to them.**

Do you have a link to that Brazilian mod? I would like to try and merge it with your mod if that's possible?

Just did a test to see if it was possible, and it can be done...(this is also a primer for changing this xml file in general)....

I've finally got around to making some national team adboards and banners. Is it ok for me to use your ads/fm.xml file if I distribute them? I've basically used your file and just written the extra code for the nation teams and world cup and tagged it on the end of that file.

I've completed about 30 national teams so far, created one for the world cup, and one for the world club championship.

World Cup flag emblems around the pitch:

worldcup.jpg

Example of a nation specific flags & emblems mod (in this case Brazil):

brazil.jpg

The world cup emblems appear for every world cup finals game (group stage, 2nd phase, QF, SF, Final), unless the hosts are one of the teams playing, then the hosts emblems appear instead.

I've also done the Copa America and the European Championships but for some reason these won't appear in the game? Any ideas? Is it something to do with the .DS_Store file that appears in each folder? I'm not sure what that is or how to edit it.

Really loving this thread some great work been done in here. i have request im playing in Argentina at the moment and it would be great if one of you guys could do a pack for that.

I'll try and get the national sides finished before this summers world cup kicks off (June 13th), then I may have a crack at doing South American clubs. Its quite time consuming though so don't hold your breath :D

I love how the different emblems and colours bring the match day alive - far better than generic ad-boards. This is something SI should consider for future FMs :thup:

Belgium

belgium.jpg

Brazil

brazil.jpg

Croatia

croatia.jpg

England

england.jpg

Germany

germany.jpg

Sorry, was away from the board for a week or two. Glad to hear that people are enjoying the release.

I've finally got around to making some national team adboards and banners. Is it ok for me to use your ads/fm.xml file if I distribute them? I've basically used your file and just written the extra code for the nation teams and world cup and tagged it on the end of that file..

Erismus - Great work! I don't really play with national teams, but these look amazing. And yes, no worries about using the file.

Also, in case you hadn't found it yet, here is a link to the fm-brasil mod. It's tied in with a stadium modification that enabled many Brazilian stadia to be 3-4 tiered, which of course shows off more of the boards. I think you've got to create an entirely new game to use that aspect, though.

http://forum.fmanager.com.br/topic/115870-estadios-fmanager-3d/

Thanks.

Sorry, was away from the board for a week or two. Glad to hear that people are enjoying the release.

Erismus - Great work! I don't really play with national teams, but these look amazing. And yes, no worries about using the file.

Also, in case you hadn't found it yet, here is a link to the fm-brasil mod. It's tied in with a stadium modification that enabled many Brazilian stadia to be 3-4 tiered, which of course shows off more of the boards. I think you've got to create an entirely new game to use that aspect, though.

http://forum.fmanager.com.br/topic/115870-estadios-fmanager-3d/

Thanks.

Cheers! :):thup::thup:

• 1 month later...

Archived