Best comebacks

Just played a champions league qualifier. I am Vojvodina Novi Sad was 2-1 up going into the second leg against Plovdiv.

They took a very quick 3-0 lead after 26 minutes. I pulled one back in the 47th minute to trail 3-1 at the half 3-4 on aggregate.

Started the second half, had no highlights for the first 15 minutes, 60th minute or so I score level it up on aggregate. Then 2 mins later another and then another and another....

Finished a barely believable 8-3 to me. 7 goals in 30 mad minutes. I have all the Eastern European leagues turned on too.

First time I have ever comeback from 3 goals down, never mind to get 8 goals myself!

What are the best comebacks you have ever had/been on the receiving end of?

UEFA Champions League Quarter Final, went to Parc des Princes the ground of PSG for the 1st leg, got smashed 2-0. In the return leg our morale was high and I gave the let's get Revenge talk and my players smashed them 4-0 ! Probably not my best comeback goal-wise but in my first season of the save they knocked us out so there was some bad blood between us. I'm Real Madrid by the way.

I have a video of the match too; [video=youtube;nlvP1lJJH3c]

Champions League quarterfinal, lost 1-4 at Inter and conceded first in the home fixture - but then Inter just decided the game was done and my team decided they were world-beaters.

I was pretty laid-back about the whole situation until we actually equalised :D

rU784Ti.png - 2dlOJ1G.png

I remember when I play FM 11, I was playing Arsenal and I had to get an away win against Zenit, in order to get qualified. (Last game of the group stage) Zenit started the match very good, we conceded in 15th minute. Because I had to win, I send my all strikers in. it was like 3-4-3 or something. Robin van Persie scored in 65. minute and it was 1-1 now. But then, in 74. min, my GK Almunia conceded a very very silly goal. I got outrageous and substituted Almunia with another striker, (letting Bacary Sagna on the goal). 5 minutes later, van Persie got

equalized again. 2-2. In 89. minute, Rosicky scored a crazy goal and match finished 2-3. Sagna saved opponent's couple of chances after that.

In that year, I won the Champions Cup with crazy come-backs ever.

Now I know this isn't a win but was 3-1 down to Man City in the FA Cup, I'm Mansfield now League 1 and we are 3-1 down, just went completely gung-ho and managed to salvage a draw at 3-3...with all three of my goals being scored by Matthew Bates...who's a CB!

FM2010 with Shakhtar I lost the first leg of a Champions League tie 3-0 away to Valencia. Played the 2nd leg on the train at 7.30am on my commute to work and fist pumped when I got a 90+3 min penalty to make it 3-3 on aggregate. Scored another 2 in extra time to win 5-0 on the day 5-3 on aggregate. Definitely my most memorable comeback.

• 5 years later...

was playing a champions League final on FM 2011 against real Madrid with Manchester United

Midfield battle for 80 minutes, then we go a goal down. Then had one sent off. Rooney levels it up in the 90th. Then they get a penalty and de Gea saves it. Into extra time we make it 2-1.

Europa League Quarterfinal

Lost first game 3-5 (was losing 1-5 at one point), then I'm losing 1-2 in the second tie till the 81st minute. My striker equalizes in 81st minute, then my centre back (!!!) scores a beauty from like 40 meters in 82nd minute (his 5th goal ever in 13 years long career) and the other centre back (assisted previous goal!) flukes a goal in 90th. In the end we are through in the tie where we were losing 1-5 after 73 minutes and 4-7 after 171 minutes!

BZ8Ppfz.png

After a lesser period of a draw and 2 losses, we played against Barcelona... First half 0-2 down, I got a bit mad at some players during half-time and gave an inspirational talk to others. A few minutes into the second half, 19 year old homegrown Rosas scores his first goal for the team and gave the assist to the 2-2. We ended up winning 4-3. Moreover this also meant we qualified for the Champions League in our first year after promotion, and took over the second place from Atletico with three matches still to go...

image.thumb.png.6253ebb68f77cbb2670b392e80e5d347.png

Archived