4231 - How to improve attacking plays?

Hi!

I need a little help to improve my tactic...

I want the AMC to be the best assistman of my team and I'd like to play, in the final third, with many 1-2 short passing between AMC and IFs and through balls from AMC to ST. How can I achieve this?

My tactic:

formation.png

Team Instructions:

teaminstr.png

Players Instructions:

gk.png

fb.png

cbr.png

cbl.png

dmr.png

ml.png

amlr.png

amc.png

st.png

Immediate thoughts are: WAY too many individual instructions!

Then the next thoughts are: you have zero width in your tactic (maybe a little if the DR/DL get forward enough) but you have the 2 IFs and the TQ all trying to work in the same central area of the pitch. Add to this that you have TI of play narrower and you have a very easily defended against tactic (flood the middle with 2 DMs and you have no way of scoring!). Add to this that your only goal threat is the CF (as the IFs are support and the TQ, although nominally having an attack duty, actually behaves more like a support player) - and therefore you have a lack of chances to score

If you want the TQ to be the main man, then I would suggest that possibly changing the DLP to a CM would help - otherwise with 2 playmakers, less ball will go to the TQ (and therefore less chance of assists)

Immediate thoughts are: WAY too many individual instructions!

Then the next thoughts are: you have zero width in your tactic (maybe a little if the DR/DL get forward enough) but you have the 2 IFs and the TQ all trying to work in the same central area of the pitch. Add to this that you have TI of play narrower and you have a very easily defended against tactic (flood the middle with 2 DMs and you have no way of scoring!). Add to this that your only goal threat is the CF (as the IFs are support and the TQ, although nominally having an attack duty, actually behaves more like a support player) - and therefore you have a lack of chances to score

If you want the TQ to be the main man, then I would suggest that possibly changing the DLP to a CM would help - otherwise with 2 playmakers, less ball will go to the TQ (and therefore less chance of assists)

TQ is a playmaker? I switched from AP to TQ only for this reason...

What if I set one of the IF to attack?

Yeah, I agree, there's a bit too many player instructions, so I think it will make things too complicated. I use the same set up as you but with different instructions and roles, so I will post it and maybe it can help you.

b541a214e661686e855db06cf82a47b9_zpsd0c17c7f.png

961a00d64625584823555359209af4c6_zps0b8935df.png

I achieve the kind of attacking play you said you were looking for so it should work for you.

I don't use much player instructions but if I do then it's probably just close down more, shoot less often and mark tighter.

Archived