Transfers, Not interested and contract demands

So im having a bit of an issue in my current save with Dortmund. I won the league first season and made the QF in CL. Reputation wise, we're a big club. For the life of me, i can't attract players. Regens - not interested. Even my "player -> search" brings up very few genuinely talented players. Its not like im chasing "big name" players either. I dont really like to spend over 10mil on a player, so normally chase the 16-20 year old's from lesser clubs. Even players who start TL like Gaitan have no interest.. Any ideas why so many players are not interested?

That leads me on to my next point. selling players. Doesn't matter who it is, people wont bite. As a test, i offered out Bender (after averaging 7.68 in a season) for 10mil. extremely cheap. a few interested, with PSG offering 6.5mil. I was never going to sell, but it just seems to flawed? Good footballers with low current wages, i cant even get 1-2 mill for yet im expected to spend 5-10 times over the value for AI players? Real Madrid did offer me 4.5mill for Reus after a 30 goal season... :rolleyes: any ideas?

Final point - contracts. FINALLY i get a player wanting to join me. Balanta (we all know him, the CB from River). first window, 2nd season, 6.5 mill accepted, wants to sign for me. contract demands are quite ok until i get to contract length... 2015. He wants to sign a 1 year contract. Strange. tried everything else, including making him key player and bumping him up by an extra 20k pw.. still 2015. Withdrew.. moved on. Just now, a offer accepted for right back Jung.. exact same demands.. What the hell is going on?!!!

One extremely frustrated manager.

I noticed some other people have had problems attracting players to Germany too. You should check in the players information if he has a preference to not play in Germany.

Never experienced that kind of problem with selling. Maybe just don't sell them then?

I noticed some other people have had problems attracting players to Germany too. You should check in the players information if he has a preference to not play in Germany.

Never experienced that kind of problem with selling. Maybe just don't sell them then?

whats wrong with Germany? no visa restrictions, great beer, nice sausage, funky outfits and hot women!!! im also offering great wages!!!! lol.

Im big on development, and every team has dead weight in game. Getting rid of a player who isn't starting XI at dortmund, on 20k pw and valued at 10m but i cant sell to anyone in the world for 1mil? even man united sold Bebe for more then that!

whats wrong with Germany? no visa restrictions, great beer, nice sausage, funky outfits and hot women!!! im also offering great wages!!!! lol.

Im big on development, and every team has dead weight in game. Getting rid of a player who isn't starting XI at dortmund, on 20k pw and valued at 10m but i cant sell to anyone in the world for 1mil? even man united sold Bebe for more then that!

LOL but some could say there's no point in going to the Bundesliga unless Bayern want you. When I managed in that league a lot of the players I wanted would have the preference to not play in Germany but I'm sure there are some who will be interested. I've had similar problems selling players like you said. I'd have a player who had a good season and still not getting any offers near his value. Hard to figure out why because I've had players who had a bad season and bids come in for double their value. A lot of the German players I've tried to get never want to leave their clubs too, like Toni Kroos, Bastian Schweinsteiger (eventually got him after a season or two) and Mats Hummels.

LOL but some could say there's no point in going to the Bundesliga unless Bayern want you. When I managed in that league a lot of the players I wanted would have the preference to not play in Germany but I'm sure there are some who will be interested. I've had similar problems selling players like you said. I'd have a player who had a good season and still not getting any offers near his value. Hard to figure out why because I've had players who had a bad season and bids come in for double their value. A lot of the German players I've tried to get never want to leave their clubs too, like Toni Kroos, Bastian Schweinsteiger (eventually got him after a season or two) and Mats Hummels.

i dont chase big names. so ive not even considered players like hummels etc. i like to keep them at other clubs to ensure the leauge stays strong. im all about kids, players like Timo Werner etc. I just cant figure it all out. especially the 1 year contracts. Where can i find this "not to play in germany" preferance

I haven't managed there but I have in previous FMs on long term Dortmund saves. Anyways, from the many posts I've read regarding this issue it's seems that something has gone very wrong regarding player interest. Seems to be a large amount of people with the same issue. I never had the problems in FM12 and 13.

Was raised in another post where someone posted the tendency for transfer movement figures, with -1 and -2 meaning it would rarely or never happen. Seems that this figure has completely prevent transfers from those leagues.

For instance I'm in the SPL. I can't get a single newgen from the Brazilian or Argentinian leagues, no matter my reputation. Seems similar with the Bundesliga, but more extreme as someone said they couldn't attract South American talents with Bayern.

EDIT: It shouldn't be anything to do with that preference thing. That's found on the players profile by the way. It's just a preference, doesn't mean much. Kagawa had a preference to not play in the Bundesliga on FM12 and I still grout him back.

Have you tried locking the players contract length. They'll ask for much higher wages though. But that's strange. It was happening, and been reported, to goalkeepers on backup/rotation status. Hadn't seen it on outfield players.

i dont chase big names. so ive not even considered players like hummels etc. i like to keep them at other clubs to ensure the leauge stays strong. im all about kids, players like Timo Werner etc. I just cant figure it all out. especially the 1 year contracts. Where can i find this "not to play in germany" preferance

I buy Werner on every save I have too. It should be on the information screen. http://gyazo.com/b6c0e30383d0a27591c2bfb828fe25b8

I buy Werner on every save I have too. It should be on the information screen. http://gyazo.com/b6c0e30383d0a27591c2bfb828fe25b8

ah ok. always fun when the career plans of the players im chasing is they want to move/considering options etc. i cant even sign players from poland and as dortmund, im basically polish with my DR, AMR and ST! giving me the *****

SI has acknowledged that there is a specific issue with German clubs and players not being interested in joining at all.

There are several threads on people managing Bayern Munchen and being baffled that nobody wants to join their club. It should be patched in the next update whenever that happens.

SI has acknowledged that there is a specific issue with German clubs and players not being interested in joining at all.

There are several threads on people managing Bayern Munchen and being baffled that nobody wants to join their club. It should be patched in the next update whenever that happens.

its a 14.2 patch bug apparently. been around for 6-8 weeks. add another 4-6 weeks until the next patch. thats 10-14 weeks the game is basically unplayable for those who want to play German saves. Not great for a game that has a 1 year life cycle.

its a 14.2 patch bug apparently. been around for 6-8 weeks. add another 4-6 weeks until the next patch. thats 10-14 weeks the game is basically unplayable for those who want to play German saves. Not great for a game that has a 1 year life cycle.

Good point :lol:

Archived