[RELEASED] Stadium Backgrounds - MyPack

Andrew Haines

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I added pictures of another 9 teams that I have taken myself this weekend. I was working for a couple of hours on the afternoon in Skipton so did a crawl around the Burnley area. I've added the pictures in to the pack and they will be available when I release an update. Probably planning to release at the weekend. I haven't done as much as I wanted but I want to get an update out before xmas.

The full list of teams for whom I have taken the pictures myself are below.

burnley

leicester

blackburn

leeds

oldham

accrington

burton

mansfield

macclesfield

guiseley

harrogate

hyde

northferriby

stockport

ashton

belper town

buxton

curzon ashton

whitby

clitheroe

harrogate railway

new mills

ossett albion

ossett town

padiham

scarborough athletic

leek town

mickleover

rainworth minerswelfare

sheffield

stocksbridge

worksop

worksop parramore

garforth town

thackley

bridlington town

albion sports

silsden

colne

nelson

barnoldswick town

I live in Leeds but work in Skipton. I also have family in East Yorkshire. Most of the grounds I have been to are in a belt across East/West Yorkshire and Lancashire. Also I am a Leicester City fan so get some pics when I am down that way.

Most of the pics I get are when travelling somewhere, I tie the route in with stadiums on the way.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've released a new update. Version 2.0 is now available (see the first post in the thread).

Major updates are to the English league mainly. I went through every single image for English teams and if I wasn't entirely happy replaced it. Probably I replaced about a third of the images. I have also added images of another 100 teams in England taking the number from just over 200 to just over 300.

Also, the alternative config files I have previously supplied are now included in the pack as default. They are contained in zip files. Just extract the ones you want overwriting the existing config file.

I've also completely re-done the initial post.

lads,

if i already have a stadium pack installed and want a different one, does the new one just install on top of the old one?

same for kits etc etc, all graphics really as i want to jazz it up a bit.

thanks

If you install one over the other it will both. In cases where there are two images for the same stadium, I think you would have a random chance of one being loaded over the other.

The ID is 1301396 and you would make a folder called comps

config line for the file would be <record from="1301396" to="graphics/pictures/comp/1301396/background"/>

Put the stadium in there size it 1600X900 and make it a jpg

More time to waste stuff on... yey!!! :)

• 2 weeks later...
Any plans to make the pics for match days? I use VP's background pics but onu because it's available for match days.

My pack and VPs do exactly the same thing. Stadium images are loaded into the Team, Club and Stadium image data in FM. It is down to the skin used as to whether backgrounds display on matchdays. What skin do you use? My pack should allow you to see backgrounds on matchdays if you can with VPs.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm on a Mac and I can't seem to get the pictures to work - can anyone please help me out?

I've never used a mac but I'll try my best :)

You should have a folder where football managers games, tactics are stored. On windows it's in My Documents so presumably the mac has an equivalent. In there you need to create a subfolder called Graphics and inside that another sub folder called backgrounds. You should download the pack and unzip in that directory. This should create a subfolder called pictures containing the images. Re-loading the skin in FM will then cause them to appear.

Hope this helps. Maybe there are other Mac users kicking about in here somewhere if not.

You should have a folder where football managers games, tactics are stored. On windows it's in My Documents so presumably the mac has an equivalent. In there you need to create a subfolder called Graphics and inside that another sub folder called backgrounds. You should download the pack and unzip in that directory. This should create a subfolder called pictures containing the images. Re-loading the skin in FM will then cause them to appear.

Hope this helps. Maybe there are other Mac users kicking about in here somewhere if not.

I got them to work mate, thank you. Love your work, it looks sensational.

Hi Andrew!

mac user here who just wants background and stuff for Gainsborough. I have two probs. 1) In graphics there are no subfolders showing at all. 2) If the only thing I need to do is create a background folder in graphics and move everything there, how do I make it that only the Gainsborough stuff works and nothing else.

Stupid questions probably but Im new to this. Used to just add background myself but now all Ive got is a config file :(

Hi Andrew!

mac user here who just wants background and stuff for Gainsborough. I have two probs. 1) In graphics there are no subfolders showing at all. 2) If the only thing I need to do is create a background folder in graphics and move everything there, how do I make it that only the Gainsborough stuff works and nothing else.

Stupid questions probably but Im new to this. Used to just add background myself but now all Ive got is a config file :(

As you say, you just need to create the subfolders. To just include Gainsborough, open the config file in notepad and find the entries for Gainsborough, delete all the other entries leaving the header and footer.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow this is a brilliant stadium background pack Andrew and it's making fm15 feel much more realistic for me. I just wanted to request can you perhaps please change the photo of Hibs Easter Road stadium as it shows the east stand before it was renovated in 2010, also I noticed that the Scottish competition screens have the winning team from 2 seasons ago, and in France Lille and Nice's stadiums aren't showing for me but other than that this is amazing work thanks so much for making it available to other fm users. :)

Wow this is a brilliant stadium background pack Andrew and it's making fm15 feel much more realistic for me. I just wanted to request can you perhaps please change the photo of Hibs Easter Road stadium as it shows the east stand before it was renovated in 2010, also I noticed that the Scottish competition screens have the winning team from 2 seasons ago, and in France Lille and Nice's stadiums aren't showing for me but other than that this is amazing work thanks so much for making it available to other fm users. :)

Cheers for the feedback. I'll have a look at the fixes you mention. Shame about the Hibs pic, I quite liked it. Need to make sure its up to date though.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived