This isn't Spain. This is Catalonia, and we will be Top Dogs

SRL88

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

StevenLongstaff_NewsInbox-8_zps1d936a4e.png

StevenLongstaff_NewsInbox-9_zps372643dc.png

What an unbelievable debut season for him at the age of 22.

StevenLongstaff_NewsInbox-6_zps1b9d2bc1.png

I am thrilled with this award, especially when it brought about.....

SantAndreu_InformationGeneral_zpse8144c54.png

:cool:

StevenLongstaff_NewsInbox-7_zpsc3f95151.png

Plenty of Sant Andreu players in there, and just look at that defence.

SANT-ANDREU_zps02a2dd62.jpg

SRL88's Career - U.E. Sant Andreu - Season Review - 2022/23

Liga BBVA

Results (Aug - Dec) - Results (Jan - May)

League Performance: 1st - CHAMPIONS

Three in a row, and that is an unbelievable achievement.

After defeat on the opening day of the campaign our form was truly remarkable. We won a remarkable twelve games in a row and remained unbeaten for 21 games. We scored a vast amount of goals, but despite that our defensive record stood out for me. To concede just thirteen goals over the course of the season was remarkable. We set a record number of points in what was a fantastic season for us as we claimed our third La Liga title in a row.

UEFA Champions League

Competition Performance: Knocked out in Semi-Final

We have now been in this competition for four years and in those four years we have reached the knockout phase on every occasion. This was the second time in those four years we have reached the Semi-Final which is fantastic, but I am disappointed to have exited the competition when we did.

After the draw I was confident of getting through our group, and despite defeat in Munich we managed to top our group with five wins from six. In the knockout stage we put in some brilliant performances against the two Milan clubs but a defeat in Manchester cost us. We played well in the second leg against Man City but we weren't able to overturn our deficit.

Copa del Rey

Competition Performance: Knocked out in Fifth Round

By the standards we have set over the last four years this was a disappointment but I wasn't devastated at all.

We breezed past Elche but drew Real Madrid, the side we defeated in last years Final. A poor first leg cost us and we could have overturned that deficit but failed to do so.

Supercopa

Competition Performance: Winners

After years of trying to reach that level we are definitely on par with Real Madrid.

These were two really tight games but we managed to edge both, winning 1-0 on both occasions to give us our second Supercopa in a row.

Squad

This squad is fantastic, but the issue for me is that I don't know if we have the gut to take on Europe. There will need to be changes if we are to do that, so some players will exit.

Transfers - Finances

We had a lot of transfer activity this season to see us strengthen. I was pleased with our dealings in both directions and we only spent a few million in net pay.

The finances are fantastic too. It gives us a great base to build.

Player of the Season

1st - Ruben - He matched his league goal tally from last season (was one behind overall) but he is our main man. His goals see us boss games and he is an unbelievable player.

2nd - Rafael Rivas - His first full season for the club was great, but he managed to go on and top it with a fantastic season overall. His goals and assists tally was remarkable.

3rd - Antonio Luis - He had a fantastic season. He was a constant threat and chipped in with goals and assists.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| Season | League | League Position | Champ. League | Europa League | Copa del Rey | Notes |
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| 2013/14 | Segunda Div. B3 | 3rd | - | - | Second Round | Promoted via Play-Off's |
| 2014/15 | Liga Adelante | 5th | - | - | Third Round | Play-Off Semi-Final |
| 2015/16 | Liga Adelante | 1st | - | - | Second Round | Promoted as Champions |
| 2016/17 | Liga BBVA | 10th | - | - | Fourth Round | - |
| 2017/18 | Liga BBVA | 6th | - | - | Fifth Round | Europa League Qualification |
| 2018/19 | Liga BBVA | 3rd | - | 2nd KO Round | Winners | Champions League Qualification |
| 2019/20 | Liga BBVA | 3rd | Semi-Final | - | Runners-Up | Supercopa Runners-Up |
| 2020/21 | Liga BBVA | 1st | 1st KO Round | - | Winners | - |
| 2021/22 | Liga BBVA | 1st | 1st KO Round | - | Winners | Supercopa Winners |
| 2022/23 | Liga BBVA | 1st | Semi-Final | - | Fifth Round | Supercopa Winners |[/Code]

[center][size=3][b]Next Season[/b][/size]

There is a rebuild of sort needed. There won't be a mass exodus by any means, but there will be departures and I will certainly be looking to replace them with players to take us to the next level in Europe.[/center]

Only made the fifth round of the copa del rey? Standards are slipping!! :p I know the feeling about moving grounds all the time. In my last save, I was Austria Vienna manager and in the space of 4 seasons, I played 3 of them at the national ground due to work being carried out at my place. First they enlarged my ground, so I moved. I sold out the first 2 games, so they then built me a new ground (even though they'd literally just enlarged the old one). Then I played in it once and they decided to enlarge it again. I'm convinced they've signed some kind of contract with the Mafia to ensure constant buildimg works :rolleyes:

Only made the fifth round of the copa del rey? Standards are slipping!! :p I know the feeling about moving grounds all the time. In my last save, I was Austria Vienna manager and in the space of 4 seasons, I played 3 of them at the national ground due to work being carried out at my place. First they enlarged my ground, so I moved. I sold out the first 2 games, so they then built me a new ground (even though they'd literally just enlarged the old one). Then I played in it once and they decided to enlarge it again. I'm convinced they've signed some kind of contract with the Mafia to ensure constant buildimg works :rolleyes:

I know, I should be sacked :p.

Don't get me wrong, the extension is going to take us to over 50,000 which is fantastic, but I am really annoyed about moving again.

Spain_National_Football_Team_badge_zps72dc9fc1.png

SRL88's Career - Spain - June 2023

UEFA European Championshop Qualifier

Spain_FixturesSchedule_zps98d43957.png

EuroQualifiers_OverviewStages_zps3ef7bf81.png

Not our best performance by any means, but it is another win and another step towards qualification.

We didn't play well at all and no matter what I tried it just didn't work. Fortunately we kept pressing and with nine minutes remaining we finally got something right to grab the only goal of the game.

StevenLongstaff_NewsInbox-3_zpscb1e8a60.png

Well this came out of the blue. Carlo Ancelotti has retired from football so the club are after a new manager. Although I won't be attending the interview, it clearly shows how far I have come.

SRL88's Career - U.E. Sant Andreu - Season Preview 2023/24

Board Expectations:

Liga BBVA: Challenge for the Title

UEFA Champions League: Reach the Quarter-Final

Copa del Rey: Not Important

Supercopa: Not Important

My Expectations:

Liga BBVA: If we aren't up there come the end of the season I will consider it a disappointment

UEFA Champions League: Quarter-Final's is definitely the minimum aim

Copa del Rey: I'm not that fussed about this really. We'll just see what happens

Supercopa: It would be nice to win it again, but again, I'm not that fussed

Budgets:

Transfer: £70m

Wage: £1,685,409 (currently spending £1,098,282)

Balance: £76,403,821 (+17,148,160 since last season)

Trophy-1_zpse943ac33.png

2026 FIFA World Cup Qualifying Draw

FIFAWorldCupUEFAQualifyingSection_OverviewStages_zpse796fc90.png

FIFAWorldCupUEFAQualifyingSection_OverviewStages-2_zps7b720498.png

FIFAWorldCupUEFAQualifyingSection_OverviewStages-3_zps0d232d12.png

FIFAWorldCupUEFAQualifyingSection_OverviewStages-5_zps1052b45c.png

Overall it is a pretty decent draw for us, but there are definitely potential games where we could slip up. Portugal and Ukraine are going to be really difficult for us and we will definitely find it tough against them, but we should breeze through the rest of the games.

I don't think I'd mind ground sharing the Camp Nou! :D

A good win in Ireland has put your Spanish side well in control of the qualifying group and getting through now should be achieved fairly comfortably. As for the group you've got for the European Championship Qualifying, it could have been easier!

Good luck this season with Sant Andreu, that's a decent transfer budget to work with.

I don't think I'd mind ground sharing the Camp Nou! :D

A good win in Ireland has put your Spanish side well in control of the qualifying group and getting through now should be achieved fairly comfortably. As for the group you've got for the European Championship Qualifying, it could have been easier!

Good luck this season with Sant Andreu, that's a decent transfer budget to work with.

It will definitely help money wise when it comes to ticket sales, so that is a positive thing, but since moving into our new stadium we have barely been in it :D.

We should qualify from our group as expected at the start, but Ireland have made it difficult for us. I would definitely have liked to avoid Ukraine and/or Portugal but hey ho.

SRL88's Career - U.E. Sant Andreu - Pre-Season 2023/24

Friendlies

UESantAndreu_FixturesSchedule_zps77847823.png

A very mixed pre-season from my point of view.

We picked up a couple of nice wins in France before two poor results. We struggled to a draw in Nice but our performance against Parma as a whole was shocking. We did round off pre-season with two comfortable wins on home soil to send us into the season.

Transfers

SantAndreu_TransfersTransferHistory_zps5676a90e.png

A very big pre-season and there were some big money dealings in both directions. We made a profit this summer were the dealings over the summer, but we have strengthened accordingly this year.

Coming in we made five signings who offer a wide range of versatility for us and spent £31.5m in the process. Outbound there were some big-name departures who have been big players for us over the years. Three players left at the end of their contracts, Yann Sommer, Yannick Gerhardt and Antonio Luis. Sommer at the age of 34 wanted first team football in his final years and I couldn't offer him that, while a 29yo Gerhardt was released to allow me to strengthen. The departure of Antonio Luis is one that was difficult for me. Having signed him for a mere £700k from Estoril five years ago he went on to be a major player for us, scoring 44 goals in 129 games, helping us claim numerous trophies in the process. I felt that with the arrival of Moussa Badji in January, this season would have seen less action for Antonio and I didn't think it was fair for a player of such ability to be sat on the bench.

The big sale came in the form of Sergi Samper. He had turned himself into a major player for us and put in consistent and excellent performances but to be offered £25.5m for him was money I just couldn't refuse. Adnan Januzaj also left this summer as he joined Italian side Cagliari in a £7.25m deal. He did a decent job for us in his three seasons here, but his performances weren't world beating and often frustrating, so I felt we got a good deal for him. The other departures saw last summers signing Ferran depart on loan to Villarreal for the season and Benjamin Marin leave for Granada for £4m.

Craig Day - Our new number two goalkeeper, but an improvement on Yann Sommer. Definitely offers good competition.

Javi Martinez - Definitely past his peak, but a very solid player to have at the club for the season and saved me spending big money on a player.

Darko Grubisic - A brilliant player with a lot of versatility. He will offer a lot for us in a few positions.

Davide Lameira - What an excellent young player to bring into the club. His ability already is fantastic, and in the coming years he will be amazing.

Raied Al-Dossari - He is a decent player and after having him on trial during pre-season and he impressed me, I felt he deserved a chance with the club.

SRL88's Career - U.E. Sant Andreu - August 2023

Liga BBVA

UESantAndreu_FixturesSchedule_zpsa6058a74.png

LigaBBVA_OverviewStages_zps0228ea7b.png

Two wins from two as we kicked off the new campaign.

Things were extremely easy against Tenerife, we just struggled in front of goal in the first half. We could easily have gone in at the break four or five up but failed to do so. Our dominance continued in the second half and we finally broke the deadlock through Rafael Rivas. Our lead was doubled eleven minutes later and the remainder of the game was very comfortable for us. It was a complete different contract against Valencia however. We absolutely battered them and took a well-deserved lead after 25 minutes. They didn't even have one shot at goal, but still levelled the game through a second half own-goal with just twenty minutes remaining to completely shock us. We kept pressing and just when it looked like we would have to settle for a draw, Alfonso Ibarra smashed home an effort from twenty yards to send us into raptures.

Supercopa

UESantAndreu_FixturesSchedule-2_zpseef0ad18.png

Massive disappointment as we came so close to claiming the Supercopa on the away-goals rule.

We didn't start that well in Madrid and they took the lead but our performance improved as time wore on. In the second half we were extremely good and finally found a goal with just under fifteen minutes left on the clock to give us the advantage in the tie. The second leg was tight but we were the better side throughout. We could have taken the lead on numerous occasions but still led on away-goals, but with just two minutes remaining they scored and it left us flat for the remaining moments of the game.

Transfers

The Final bits of Business

SantAndreu_TransfersTransferHistory_zpsb3ca2595.png

There was one departure prior to the close of the transfer window and it came on deadline day. That departure was a youngster who had joined the club just the day before.

Salvador - £1.4m - Throughout my time at the club I have never had three goalkeepers but felt the time was right now. It allows me to rotate and try out my options. He will only be third choice, but it is nice to have one here.

Juan Domingo Nunez - £4.3m - The player who departed on loan. He is a very solid young defender who will benefit from first team football in Turkey and will come back a better player.

SRL88's Career - Spain - September 2023

UEFA European Championshop Qualifiers

Spain_FixturesSchedule_zps6d970490.png

EuroQualifiers_OverviewStages_zpsb5f95837.png

Job done as far as I am concerned as we notched up another two routine wins.

Very surprisingly we fell behind against Israel but that was just a minor blip in what was a dominant performance. We hit three goals in just sixteen minutes to put us in complete control by half-time and allowed us to be a little more relaxed. A further three goals were added by a couple of my substitutions with the latter grabbing a four minute brace. That brace saw me start him in the Andorra game and he didn't disappoint with a further two goals in that game with the two goals sandwiched in the middle coming from two Sant Andreu players.

SRL88's Career - U.E. Sant Andreu - September 2023

Liga BBVA

UESantAndreu_FixturesSchedule_zps8742e66b.png

LigaBBVA_OverviewStages_zps3fdacc75.png

Our fine form at the start of the season continued through September and we kept up our 100% record at the start of the season.

We went to Deportivo wanting revenge on them for defeating us last season, but we also wanted to put that poor performance behind us and we did just that. We scored two goals in quick succession but our performance was extremely solid as we picked up a 2-0 win. The Getafe game was very straightforward. We were rarely troubled and comfortably worked our way through their defence on numerous occasions. Two first half goals were enough to ensure victory. Our third successive 2-0 win followed against Sporting. Again, it was a pretty comfortable game for us and we were rarely troubled as we scored a goal in each half on our way to victory. After five games of scoring two goals we finally broke that barrier with a dominant performance against Alaves. We flew out of the blocks with a goal inside one minute and then a dominating ten minute display saw us add a further three goals before half-time. We were in second gear after the interval but added a fifth before allowing them to pull a goal back with some sloppy play.

UEFA Champions League Group Stage

UESantAndreu_FixturesSchedule-2_zpsf73cc3dd.png

UEFAChampionsLeague_OverviewStages_zpsc9c6b2c8.png

A superb performance in France as we picked up an excellent performance.

We started really well and took the lead after just eight minutes. Lyon then began to find their feet in the in the game and put us under pressure, but an excellent counter attacking goal doubled our lead and that killed off Lyon. It allowed for us to breeze through the second half and add a third goal to give us an excellent start in Europe.

SRL88's Career - Spain - October 2023

UEFA European Championshop Qualifier

Spain_FixturesSchedule_zps4fcb8877.png

EuroQualifiers_OverviewStages_zps216b4e26.png

Well qualification is over. Top spot in our group secured, and we are heading to the Euro's.

It would have been nice to end with a win, but having already secured qualification in September we didn't really have much to play for other than maintaining our unbeaten campaign. We managed to do that with a draw, although it wasn't the best performance we have put in. We took a first half lead but were sloppy in the second half which ended up costing us the win late on.

Friendly

Spain_FixturesSchedule-2_zps75b0c1af.png

Jesus!!!

We certainly made this a lot harder than I anticipated. We fell behind in this game but a quick fire double put us in front and we went in at the break a goal up. It didn't take us long after the restart to get going as we quickly added a third. We were looking comfortable but Senegal pulled a goal back with ten minutes remaining. The remainder of the game was really difficult as they put us under pressure, but in the final minute we hit them on the counter and sealed our win.

A frankly brilliant start to the league season. Very well done. :thup: Pity about the Super Cup again - you seem to have some great close games with Real.

Well done with Spain aswell. The draw in Romania was a bit disappointing I guess, but the job was all but done already anyway.

A frankly brilliant start to the league season. Very well done. :thup: Pity about the Super Cup again - you seem to have some great close games with Real.

Well done with Spain aswell. The draw in Romania was a bit disappointing I guess, but the job was all but done already anyway.

Cheers dude. We couldn't have asked for a better start to the season, despite the defeat in the Super Cup.

I wasn't that bothered really about drawing with Romania. Like you said, the job was already done so it didn't have any effect.

Great career so far pal. Hopefully you will get the Champions League soon

Cheers fella :). I am hopeful we can at least make the Champions League Final this season.

SRL88's Career - U.E. Sant Andreu - October 2023

Liga BBVA

UESantAndreu_FixturesSchedule_zpsfb630cf2.png

LigaBBVA_OverviewStages_zps620f8b21.png

Our fantastic start to the campaign continued as we made it eleven wins from eleven this season.

After trailing by a single goal at half-time against Malaga we managed to turn it round well in the second half with three goals in just nine minutes. We were caused a few problems by Malaga and they managed to pull a goal back to make things really difficult for us. They kept pressing, but we managed to hang on for all three points. We were made to work even harder against Albacete and we had to rely on a late goal to give us the win. We grabbed our second 1-0 win in a row against Atletico Madrid. As expected, the game was tough for us and after taking the lead in the eighteenth minute we had to defend well at times throughout with Atletico pressing for an equaliser. A goal inside ten minutes put us in front against Barcelona in what was another difficult game this month. The game was tight and like Atletico, Barcelona pressed for an equaliser but we managed to hit them really well on the counter to double our lead. Just a few minutes later though they pulled a goal back, but we went on to re-double our lead and seal the win with just five minutes remaining. We finally managed a comfortable result to round off the month against Las Palmas as we breezed to a comfortable 3-0 win.

UESantAndreu_FixturesSchedule-2_zps596791b8.png

UEFAChampionsLeague_OverviewStages_zps1acc1a03.png

We still top our group at the halfway stage thanks to two solid results.

We expected to beat Anorthosi comfortably, and despite making a lot of changes for the game we did just that. We scored two goals in each half as we breezed to a really comfortable 4-0 win. As expected, things were a lot more difficult against Juventus. We took the lead and went in at the break a goal to the good. Juventus levelled the game midway through the second half and the game finished in a 1-1 draw.

SRL88's Career - Spain - November 2023

Friendlies

Spain_FixturesSchedule_zps72c79124.png

Two solid wins as we continue our form heading into the European Championship's.

Isco was on form in Hungary as he grabbed two goals in as many minutes to put us two goals up. The game wasn't that tough and it allowed me to ring the changes without much effect on performance. Against Northern Ireland it was Ruben who grabbed two goals in as many minutes and put us in control, but despite leading by that scoreline at half-time our second half performance was shocking. It allowed Northern Ireland to pull a goal back and they really scared us at times, but we hung on for a 2-1 win.

SRL88's Career - U.E. Sant Andreu - November 2023

Liga BBVA

UESantAndreu_FixturesSchedule_zpsb02986b4.png

LigaBBVA_OverviewStages_zps7534dd44.png

This unbelievable winning run just continues.

You wouldn't think by the scoreline that with twenty minutes remaining we were trailing 2-1 against Granada but we were. Our performance in the opening hour of the game was poor but the game changed when I brought Ruben on off the bench (yes, he didn't start for once). In the space of six minutes he scored a hat-trick before we added a fifth not long after to give us a hard-fought 5-2 win. We were excellent in the first half against Mallorca and that allowed for us to go in at the break two goals to the good. Mallorca pulled a goal back pretty early in the second half but they hardly troubled us. The scoreline was a little deceptive as we battered them but just couldn't seal the game. We followed that up with a solid win at Hercules. The game was a breeze and two first half goals sent us on our way to victory.

UESantAndreu_FixturesSchedule-2_zps81a94593.png

UEFAChampionsLeague_OverviewStages_zps7ebea60b.png

Qualification sealed and that was the most important thing here.

A very good first half display which included a fast start against Juventus saw us three goals up and cruising. They did pull a goal back after the break but it didn't effect anything as we comfortably picked up a 3-1 win and officially sealed qualification. Having done so it allowed for me to make a few changes for the Lyon game. We had to avoid defeat which would have ensured we sealed top spot. The game was even which gave for some tense moments, but a late strike from Kazeem Adesina gave us a solid 1-0 win.

euro-trophy_zps17391f60.jpg

UEFA 2024 European Championship Draw

UEFAEuropeanFootballChampionship_OverviewStages_zpsba3f5d27.png

All-in-all I am really pleased with our draw.

I don't think we will breeze through every game, but we are definitely overwhelming favourites to top this group.

SRL88's Career - U.E. Sant Andreu - December 2023

Liga BBVA

UESantAndreu_FixturesSchedule_zps940540c0.png

LigaBBVA_OverviewStages_zpsa471e2da.png

We head into the winter break with maximum points in the league, and a huge eleven points clear of our nearest rivals. It wasn't the easiest month as we played three tough fixtures but still managed to come through them with three wins from three.

We led by two goals on three separate occasions against Athletic Bilbao who just wouldn't go away in this fixture. We were excellent in attack but they always caused us problems defensively and it was a real battle to claim all three points. Our worst performance of the season came against Real Madrid. We were very lucky to pick up all three points because we were second best throughout, but still managed to take the lead through a Ruben goal. Real Madrid equalised in the second half, and deservingly so but in stoppage time we found the winner to keep our run going. It was another late win that saw us win our second successive game 2-1, this time against a very good Villarreal side.

UESantAndreu_FixturesSchedule-2_zps9b0d4c18.png

UEFAChampionsLeague_OverviewStages_zps7057e9a0.png

It was another case of a late show in Europe as a much-changed line-up struggled to victory.

We were shocking for the vast majority of the game and it was our substitutes who made the difference as two of those substitutions scored both of our goals as we clawed a 2-1 win.

In the Knockout Round we have been given a decent draw against Benfica.

Copa del Rey 4th Round 1st Leg

UESantAndreu_FixturesSchedule-3_zps0f17df6c.png

This was as simple as you could have hoped.

We won with a comfortable two-goal scoreline but in truth we didn't have to get out of first gear. We were heavy favourites and we simply controlled possession all game long and passed it around them at ease, scoring two goals along the way.

SRL88's Career - U.E. Sant Andreu - January 2024

Liga BBVA

UESantAndreu_FixturesSchedule_zpsb01c87c1.png

LigaBBVA_OverviewStages_zpsf88ec3d2.png

We are now past the halfway stage of the season and still boast a 100% record in the league, sit a massive fifteen points clear and have a game in hand. Could things be much better?!?!

We kicked the new year off with a very comfortable game against Real Sociedad as we scored three first half goals on our way to a routine victory. We made really difficult work of things against Tenerife. Having fallen behind we levelled the game before the break, and despite dominating the second half we left things very late to continue our fantastic winning win. A goal in each half against Deportivo saw us notch up another win in what was a solid performance.

Copa del Rey 4th Round 2nd Leg, 5th Round & Quarter-Final

UESantAndreu_FixturesSchedule-2_zpsc7a29e24.png

Unfortunately once again we won't be winning the Copa del Rey having exited the competition at the Quarter-Final stage.

We repeated the scoreline from the first leg against Ponferradina in what was an equally easy performance. Two first half goals set us on our way to victory. We were fantastic against in both legs against Valencia. Two first half goals put us in control of the first leg and we were dominant in the second half. Valencia did pull a goal back but we went on to add a third to give us a two goal advantage. Our performance in the second leg was even better as we picked up an excellent victory. We scored an early goal to all-but secure the tie. Valencia levelled the game in the second half and then put us under a lot of pressure but we went on to score a second whilst they were on top to kill them off. Our performance over both legs against Sporting was absolutely shocking. I did make changes which I regret, but it didn't excuse the individual performances of players. We fell to a 1-0 defeat in the first leg but in the second leg we managed to overturn that deficit early on. We should have gone on to win the game as we had some brilliant chances, but with just a couple of minutes remaining we conceded a goal which sent us out.

Transfers

SantAndreu_TransfersTransferHistory_zps74b71f60.png

The only dealings in the January window were all incoming. We spent big on the three players, but they were needed.

All are at an excellent age and are brilliant prospects for the club. Omar Afkir and Rocco Malcore were brought in due to two long-term injuries at full-back with the former being a player in my Spanish national side. That is the case also for Ander Aguirre and I handed both their international debuts.

Omar Afkir - A really solid full-back who is no where near maximum potential yet. He is really solid defensively and versatile.

Rocco Malcore - More of an all-round full-back as he is solid both offensively and defensively. A really solid buy.

Ander Aguirre - Despite the big price tag I know his qualities due to his performances under me for Spain. He is a cracking player and he has brilliant potential.

Malcore looks a cracking left back, Probably Italian Ashley Cole :D

How do you get the club logo and spain flag to appear on your header?

He was definitely a good signing. I'm pleased with all our January deals.

Do you mean on my posts? I just got a photo off the internet, uploaded it onto Photobucket and copy it to the top of my posts.

SRL88's Career - U.E. Sant Andreu - February 2024

Liga BBVA

UESantAndreu_FixturesSchedule_zpsdcf768bb.png

LigaBBVA_OverviewStages_zps98b65e9a.png

Overall we had a fantastic month but we dropped points for the first ever time we dropped points this season.

It was such a shame for us to taste defeat against Valencia because we played really well. We took a well-deserved lead in the first half after an excellent start to the game. We started the second half really well also, but on the hour mark Valencia scored a free-header from a corner and that turned the game. Their backs were up and we began sitting deep and late on in the game we conceded and lost our first game this season. We put that behind us with an excellent run of form, all of which started with a brilliant win away to Champions League chasing Sevilla. Our first half display was something to behold as we battered them with three goals to put the game beyond doubt. Sevilla were flat in the second half as we comfortably saw out the rest of the game. After exiting the Copa del Rey to Sporting it was nice to avenge that defeat with a dominating performance in the league. I sent the lads out with that attitude and they did just that with Rafael Rivas running them riot as we picked up a 3-0 win. Two goals in each half against Alaves saw us beat them comfortably before a one-sided display saw us batter another team in the form of Getafe.

UEFA Champions League First Knockout Round 1st Leg

UESantAndreu_FixturesSchedule-2_zps9d984f73.png

A really good display as we hold a massive advantage in the tie.

We started really quickly and after just two minutes we took the lead. We were solid throughout and less than ten minutes after the restart we doubled our lead which sealed the game and put us well in control of the tie.

Unlucky with Valencia defeat.

What formation are you playing with Sant Andreu?

Defeat was always going to happen at some point. It isn't the type of league where you can go unbeaten.

I am playing a 4-2-3-1 (Deep) formation and have been since the beginning.

SRL88's Career - U.E. Sant Andreu - March 2024

Liga BBVA

UESantAndreu_FixturesSchedule-3_zpsd0661be1.png

LigaBBVA_OverviewStages-2_zpsa4beae41.png

Another solid month, although we dropped points once again, but we are closing on a fourth league title in a row.

We put in a solid performance away to Malaga who tried their best to make life difficult for us. The only goal of the game came after 24 minutes as we picked up a solid three points. We played a blinder of a game away to Atletico Madrid as the neutrals were certainly entertained. We took the lead early in the game but went in at the break behind. It didn't take us long in the second half to level the game and the game then turned into an end-to-end match, but it was Atletico who took the lead once more with ten minutes remaining. We kept pressing and with four minutes left on the clock we equalised again to grab a point. Despite the scoreline suggesting otherwise we battered Albacete but just couldn't seal the game. Moussa Badji scored twice in the first half to put us two goals up, but they pulled a goal back late in the first half. We should have sealed the game in the second half but our finishing was poor. Luckily, they never threatened and the game finished in a comfortable 2-1 win for us. A battering of Las Palmas followed before the month rounded off with an excellent 1-0 win 'away' to Barcelona.

UEFA Champions League First Knockout Round 2nd Leg

UESantAndreu_FixturesSchedule-4_zpsfc30b8fd.png

A very good second leg performance as we comfortably went through.

An early penalty pretty much ended all hope of a Benfica comeback and we didn't look back. In just the twentieth minute we doubled our lead on the night and that allowed us to coast through the game. We added a third in the second half in what was a very comfortable game.

In the Quarter-Final's we face one of our competitive rivals in Real Madrid.

Archived