Staff reputation

Three hours isn't a very long time to become impatient. Anyway, I don't think it actually has any bearing on training. For most staff, I think it just means that they won't consider lower league jobs if their reputation is too high. For a Director of Football, it's essential if he is to bring players into the club since he'll attract more quality players with a higher reputation. There may be other uses for the attribute, but that is all that I'm aware of.

Their reputation AFAIK sort of determines what their salary expectations could be whether they'd likely join your club.

If you're starting out with Arsenal or some top 4 world club reputation will really mean nothing but if you're starting out a long term save with a bottom division club? Don't expect to sign a staff member with continental or national reputation.

Their reputation AFAIK sort of determines what their salary expectations could be whether they'd likely join your club.

If you're starting out with Arsenal or some top 4 world club reputation will really mean nothing but if you're starting out a long term save with a bottom division club? Don't expect to sign a staff member with continental or national reputation.

Right. You as a manager shouldn't care what reputation a staff member has as long as he'll sign for you (aside from DoF if you're using him to look for players). The staff member cares a great deal about his reputation in regards to salary, where he'll sign, etc...

Just doing a quick search for Goalkeeping coaches with 20 for coaching keepers and Andy Collett (Obscure rep) has a CA of 75, Dean Kiely (Regional) is 105 and Stevie Woods (National) is 129 - so IMO a higher the reputation does make a difference in ability and therefore a varying effect on your players

But that's my point. If reputation only affects the salary they ask for there is no point in having reputation as far as us the gamesplayer is concerned. A waste of a stat.

Not really- reputation as a whole works like that across the game. Staff who think they are too good for the club can not be interested, regardless of whether it's true, in the same way that players can't. Would Sven have gone to be DoF at Notts County if they hadn't thrown money at him?

Not really- reputation as a whole works like that across the game. Staff who think they are too good for the club can not be interested, regardless of whether it's true, in the same way that players can't. Would Sven have gone to be DoF at Notts County if they hadn't thrown money at him?

I understand that but what I mean is there is no point going for a higher reputation coach when you can get a lower one for less money with exactly the same skill set.

Higher reputation coaches should be able to train players more effectively otherwise its a waste of time them having a reputation.

Just doing a quick search for Goalkeeping coaches with 20 for coaching keepers and Andy Collett (Obscure rep) has a CA of 75, Dean Kiely (Regional) is 105 and Stevie Woods (National) is 129 - so IMO a higher the reputation does make a difference in ability and therefore a varying effect on your players

Very interesting. I have searched through the deepest realms of Google and I have seen nothing like what you have presented. Maybe reputation does affect quality of coaching and not just salaries.

Doesn't the Determination, Discipline and Motivation stats also come into this?

I understand that but what I mean is there is no point going for a higher reputation coach when you can get a lower one for less money with exactly the same skill set.

Higher reputation coaches should be able to train players more effectively otherwise its a waste of time them having a reputation.

It affects the salary and the clubs they work for, I don't understand how that can be considered a wasted stat. You could say injury proneness is a wasted stat because players getting injured isn't beneficial to the team but that way madness lies. Its in the game because staff have reputation in real life and it has a function in the game.

Very interesting. I have searched through the deepest realms of Google and I have seen nothing like what you have presented. Maybe reputation does affect quality of coaching and not just salaries.

That means Google doesn't play a lot of FM? At any rate, staff with higher reps tend to have a higher CA also, this is not something Google can tell you but FMRTE sure can. It is rare to see a high end staff member not have a higher rep (and therefor demand a higher salary) but when you do find one as a lower team, grab them up! I am guessing you are a higher level team and this really had very little affect on you? Just a guess. When a person starts as a lower level team, staff reputation means a lot, it is what divides those who are realistic to sign for you and who are not.

It affects the salary and the clubs they work for, I don't understand how that can be considered a wasted stat. You could say injury proneness is a wasted stat because players getting injured isn't beneficial to the team but that way madness lies. Its in the game because staff have reputation in real life and it has a function in the game.

But why buy coach A when coach B has exactly the same stats, lower reputation and a lower salary???? In real life you pay more money for higher rep coaches because players train better with them. If that's not happening in FM then its pointless hiring higher rep coaches.

But why buy coach A when coach B has exactly the same stats, lower reputation and a lower salary???? In real life you pay more money for higher rep coaches because players train better with them. If that's not happening in FM then its pointless hiring higher rep coaches.

Because coaches with really good attributes are rarely at a lower rep. If you find a deal, sign them!

• 6 years later...

Sooooooooooooo........... I read the first few replies and concluded that no one can give an appropriate answer to this...However I feel that I can. From 15+ years of experience playing FM since 05 i would like to offer advice on this aspect of the game. Staff reputation has and will not have an effect on the game unless a change happens in the future. The main point in staff reputation/role is to determine if they will sign for your club. For example playing as liverpool you can sign south american based staff with 1 star reputation whos attributes far surpass that of domestic based staff for the job role in question and receive a 4-5 star training performance, the only difference is that they will happily accept a under 18-23 role without any issues or pay rises compared to a staff member with a higher rep. By exploiting this i now have a 4-5 star coaching team (all originally from south america) for both my u18 and u23 teams. Long story short it needs fixing to have any impact on training or the game...(side note after the first season look into recently retired players as some will be super coaches 15+ attributes that will be happy to sign for u18+ or higher on low level clubs to gain rep on rout to becoming a manager) but these staff members will be poached very quickly unless you are prem div or equivalent.

Hope this helps, and clarifies.

Hatguy1993