Wait... What !? I've been sacked?!

I've been appointed Arsenal manager in November 2018... I left Watford with mixed feelings, cause i started to build a really strong team there with few wonderkids, but Arsenal being my fav club i couldnt resist to apply and got the job, having continental reputation... I agreed for EURO qualification finish and started building my legacy in Arsenal... Funny enough, Spalletti who was sacked by Arsenal, got my Watford job... but 8th of April comes, and i had a board takeover... 10 days later this

89BC10774D94E379623511CEC13F8839A1E6F54A

Of course it has really come to no surprise to anyone in football, look how poor my results were!

6D66285F57750E4D23A186EC8AD24AF76432742E

i mean WTF! Arsenal is listed as my favourite club, i already was among their favorite people, 2 days earlier board was very pleased... I overachieved in every goal or philosophy i had! I know sometimes owners can be like Vincent Tan, but come on... come on, i hate to say it regarding FM but this definitely wouldnt happen IRL...

But i would accept it, feaces happen, keep calm and carry on... But in all this, my reputation went down from continental to national. So now i will have to again manage some mid-level club untill i will win something to go continental and than maybe go to some big club? This sucks, really...

I've found that unless you've actually done super brilliantly and is at least a 'Favored Personnel', there is a large % of being sacked when a board takeover occurs, especially if the new owner/chairman had their own ideas on who to bring in.

Looking at your position, you're around 4th, which while probably on par with predictions, isn't stellar for a club of Arsenal's stature.

You did win the Carling Cup though, but this is probably a case of RNG hitting you with its hammer of crappy owners more than anything.

I've found that unless you've actually done super brilliantly and is at least a 'Favored Personnel', there is a large % of being sacked when a board takeover occurs, especially if the new owner/chairman had their own ideas on who to bring in.

Looking at your position, you're around 4th, which while probably on par with predictions, isn't stellar for a club of Arsenal's stature.

You did win the Carling Cup though, but this is probably a case of RNG hitting you with its hammer of crappy owners more than anything.

like i said, i started in November, and in job interview i stated i can do slighlty better, agreed for EURO cup quali, had 77% of games won and i was listed as favourite personnel... but my main issue is this reputation drop... i think that made me go mental most... how can my reputation drop for something like this?

The sacking part I understand - it sucks but it happens with new ownership.

The reputation drop is completely ridiculous though. In real life you'd have managers rushing to defend you in the media and you'd have no trouble finding a new job.

LOL...

So, when they sacked me, Klopp took charge of Arsenal, leaving Dortmund free, but Mancini already was appointed before i could even apply and see whether they will laugh me off or offer interview at least (everything happened in the background in three days)... But i had a save before Man Utd game and me being sacked... So i thought i will reload and see what will happen with this Dortmund scenario... I holidayed Man Utd match, which finished 2:4 instead of 1:3 (changed nothing whatsoever) like i did originally, and couple days later this:

0F5AABCEA4EAC18468C04E9C84ED24F5588C3E3C

i mean, whaat? Im happy of course, but on the other hand, thats really weird...

Then yeah, your initial sacking was probably just the RNG playing games with you and testing your faith!

The reputation drop is probably something you can still bring up in the bugs forum though, to be looked at if nothing else.

Archived