how does instant results work?

Stupid question but how does the instant result work...

Does it quickly simulate the game using the tactics etc, or is it a completely different solution?

Im asking because ive been trying to quickly fine tune my tactic using instant results, but have found that the results seem completely random.

Playing the same game, using the same players, formation and tactics you end up with radically different results? I played for 3 hours and over 60 games doing this, and results can swing from having 60% possession to 30%. And from having 20 shots a game to 5. one of the strangest things i saw was in one game my team made 37 crosses where we normal average about 5?

Another was my FB had a end game rating of 6.7 - but scored two own goals? and in the same game my CB was 6.1 and went 5/5 tackles and 11/11 headers with 6 interceptions? (lol)

Playing the same game, using the same players, formation and tactics you end up with radically different results?

Of course you do, every game is different after all. The course of the match changes in line with the events that happen within it. I'd be far more concerned if you told us it was the same outcome all the time. That would suggest all games are rigidly scripted.

really - not just different results - radically different?

I dont mind 1 or two goals or such n such gets red carded etc... but i cant see how a team can in one game have 60% possession and 20 shots, and then in the next game have 30% possession and 5 shots, playing the same style, formation and players versus the same style, formation and players?

The question is the same - how does the game simulate quick results?

Am i wasting my time trying to modifiy my tactic using quick results?

Do i need to find a Assistant with as close to 20 in Tactical to get the best results from instant result?

• Administrators

Instant Result is no different to you playing the match yourself. Instant Result is simply a set (or not, depending on Match Plan) of pre-set tactics and instructions that are applied in the match depending on the situation (time, scoreline). The matches will be different if you are replaying it because no match would be identical played twice over.

Thank you Lucas.

More stupid questions - match plans; (please forgive a stupid Kiwi, but its late here waiting for the football to start)

Do i need to make match plans that copy my "tactic" team instructions? (example, i use high D-Line, pass out of D etc... If i dont add these to my match plan are they used from the start?) or.. are both the team instructions of my tactic and the match plan instructions used together?

Ive continued my tweaking, and it looks to me that maybe team instructions are not used if not in a match plan?

If i only want my assistant to make subs, do i need to make a match plan?

One "bug" i encounter while trying the "add manager" to watch a simulated game, a player was injured at 25mins - and was never subbed, so my team played with 10 men till the end? (only seen this once). but injured players are auto subbed right?

DaBossa, your match plan can be as simple or complex as you want. You do not need to copy the tactics you have already set. I will try to make this as simple and painless to explain as possible...

Step 1. choose a formation

2. set your player roles and duties

3. set fluidity and mentality

4. Go ahead and add individual team and player instructions if you wish, they will be used unless your match plan overrides them...

5. Match plan... if you use a predetermined one, it will overlap the ones you set in your tactics and mess them up! So you have 2 options here... set the team instructions in your match plan as you like or set them in your tactics and make a match plan that does not adjust these at all. As an example, I have a match plan with simply this:

- Drawing for the first half: set to my team tactic and fluidity and mentality, no touchlines stuff nor the check boxes used.

- Drawing in 45-70 minutes: set to my team tactic and fluidity and mentality, no touchlines stuff nor the check boxes used.

- Drawing in 70-90 minutes: set to my team tactic and fluidity and mentality, allow substitutions checked, more attacking mentality

- Winning by 1+ goal for the first half: set to my team tactic and fluidity and mentality, no touchlines stuff nor the check boxes used.

- Winning by 1+ goals 45-70 minutes: set to my team tactic and fluidity and mentality, allow backroom staff to swap player positions checked.

- Winning by 1+ goals 70-90 minutes: set to my team tactic and fluidity and mentality, allow substitutions and allow backroom staff to swap player positions checked.

- Losing by 1+ goal for the first half: set to my team tactic and fluidity and mentality, no touchlines stuff nor the check boxes used.

- Losing by 1+ goal 45-70 minutes: set to my team tactic and fluidity and mentality, allow backroom staff to swap player positions checked.

- Losing by 1+ goal 70-90 minutes: set to my team tactic and fluidity and mentality, allow substitutions and allow backroom staff to swap player positions checked.

- I do NOT allow my assistant to pick the team and I set substitutions to be allowed from 55 minutes.

This is my plan, it is basic because I like my team tactic and am confident enough in it that I do not want it changed a whole bunch during the game. I don't even have my team play more offensive when down or more defensive when leading because my teams tactic works well for me... but this is something each person needs to decide individually. You should decide for yourself how you want your team to be led, either with a solid tactic and a basic match plan or a basic tactics and a more complex match plan, it is not necessary to have both be in depth, in fact, I would go as far as to say that will cause havoc!

When I started I used the most basic settings possible and slowly added in team and player instructions, but I found they were being undone by the pre-set match plans an awful lot so I decided to make a match plan of my own. The more I dug, the more I found that a match plan should be simple if your tactic isn't or a match plan should be in depth if your tactic is simple. I hope that makes sense...

That is my take on it and after 17 seasons (that's a lot!) in game, I am happily beating the world with Accrington Stanley. (who's Accrington Stanley? - Exactly.)

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you Tieio, been away for xmas so sorry for the delay.

The match plans looks simular to the one i was building, would be very interested in any Classic hints or tips you may have... hope you all had a safe and not to merry Xmas.

Thank you Tieio, been away for xmas so sorry for the delay.

The match plans looks simular to the one i was building, would be very interested in any Classic hints or tips you may have... hope you all had a safe and not to merry Xmas.

I don't know that I have many tips or tricks other than what I already posted lol, I guess one "trick" to bypass the fact you can't choose affiliates is to add a 2nd manager to a team you wish to loan players to and utilize that, just set this guy on vacation the rest of the time other than when he is making offers to loan your players. Yeah, this is a "trick" but it may be a shady one lol. Wrexham are doing pretty well, I gave them my base tactic and match plan and loan them a few players per season, they're up in league 1 now after back to back promotions with my dummy manager who is always on vacation except to loan my players and fill in the squad once per season. The best part was watching his assistant manager get manager of the year both seasons because he was on vacation LOL. I wish I knew if this was a bug or not? Didn't care, did not affect my team.

I don't know about you, but it seems that i am getting better results using instant results. And with instant results there are no danger of upsetting yourself over first or last minute recieved goal, which used to happen to me quite a lot.

Archived