Will the press interaction ever be fixed?

I'm constantly getting press questions where they're trying to create a controversy, asking about a "war of words" between me and a rival coach, even when there wasn't a controversy on our last game. Today I get a news item that the coach of Hibernian "has lost all respect for Eric, because he's downplaying the controversy. We don't like each other and there's nothing that going to change that"...and then I look at his profile information, and under our relationship, it says "Feels the two of us could become friends". So, which is it, does he hate me, or want to go out for a beer after the game? I'm trying to "play" a relationship, or lack of, that doesn't really exist between us.

Sometimes certain managers can be sneaky, say one thing and mean the other, it happens a lot in game, in FM13 Neil Lennon would say he feels we'd become friends, the 2 games later he was saying the opposite.

Sometimes certain managers can be sneaky, say one thing and mean the other, it happens a lot in game, in FM13 Neil Lennon would say he feels we'd become friends, the 2 games later he was saying the opposite.

Well, that's because Neil Lennon's a bipolar wankenstein...no, wait, I think he's supposed to like me.

This sort of thing has annoyed me in this year's game. Most press conference options seem designed to spark rifts and arguments and generally disproportionate responses to encourage you to have Ferguson/Benitez relationships with half of the managers in your league. It's largely the same with player interactions as well. I think they all need to be rewritten to be less antagonistic. I cover a lot of press conferences and in the modern era, most managers are respectful, at least publicly, of their counterparts. Most questions are about form and player availability, not exciting but true.

This sort of thing has annoyed me in this year's game. Most press conference options seem designed to spark rifts and arguments and generally disproportionate responses to encourage you to have Ferguson/Benitez relationships with half of the managers in your league. It's largely the same with player interactions as well. I think they all need to be rewritten to be less antagonistic. I cover a lot of press conferences and in the modern era, most managers are respectful, at least publicly, of their counterparts. Most questions are about form and player availability, not exciting but true.

Think SI hired the emo chubby "i hate games" lady who wrote the relationships in Dragon Age 2 for this year's iteration of player relationships.

Think about it. It totally makes sense!

"Good goal!"

"I WUV YOU SIR!"

"Good goal!"

"Screw you!"

Morrigan disapproves.

/sigh.

NB; Yeah it's probably because they code the thing first then slapdash the text over it.

Archived