IMBA tactic from Totalfootballfan.

Mates! Currently I’m using this monstrous tactic -)) check it out! -----------> http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/382426-FM14-Total-Domination!!

Download Tactic - http://yadi.sk/d/kO24nYl8FUCDN

Hi All! -)

At first what have I achieved with it? I won EPL in second season with West Ham. Average CA of my team was only 140 comparing to Chelsea, Man Utd and Man City witch have average CA 160-165 .

ppr4.jpg

The key element of this tactic is manual marking. As you can see tactic has 3 FC but STCR and STCL manual mark opposition full backs and when you are defending it transform into this:

5vr3.jpg

So this tactic is symbiosis it has great defensive and attacking potential.

Watch this PKM in order to decide do you like it or not. http://yadi.sk/d/nyxi_uJLDyNgH

This PKM It’s game against Arsenal. Average CA of my team is 133 and Arsenal’s Average CA is 155. I won 2 – 0 and highly dominated as you can see my team had 7 “Clear cut Chances”, 6 “Half Chances” and Arsenal had zero -).

wngm.jpg

My team – West Ham. Average CA of the team – 133.

GK Adrián San Miguel(CA - 132)

DL - Álex Grimaldo(CA - 125)

DCR - Jomar(CA - 139)

DCL - Éder Álvarez Balanta(CA - 160)

DR - Gilberto(CA - 142)

DM - Rafael Tolói(CA - 143)

MC - Antonino Truglio(CA - 109)

MC - Keisuke Honda(CA - 147)

STCR - Zakaria Bakkali(CA - 126)

STC - Agustín Allione(CA - 139)

STCL - Nuh Şimşek(CA - 104)

Arsenal Team. Average CA of the team – 155.

GK – Emiliano Viviano(CA - 147)

AMC - Jack Wilshere(CA - 165)

FC - Olivier Giroud(CA - 156)

AMR - Mesut Özil(CA - 172)

AML - Arda Turan(CA - 153)

MCL - Mikel Arteta(CA - 155)

MCR – Flamini(CA - 144)

DCR – Thomas Vermaelen(CA - 153)

DCL – Héctor Moreno(CA - 154)

DR – Richards(CA - 148)

DL - Alex Sandro(CA - 162)

Attributes recommendation. “Green circles” - first priority, you should spend player’s CA on it at first. “Yellow circles” – second priority, you should spend player CA on it only if attributes from “fist priority” have reached recommended level. For example, you don’t want that your MC has Work Rate and Team Work -20 but Acceleration and Pace only 10. You’d better want MC who has Work Rate and Team Work 14 and Acceleration and Pace 14:

3 FC – all must be speedy and technical with good dribbling.

Attributes example for FCs:

cgeb.jpg

2 MCs and 2 Full Backs – must be speedy and technical with good dribbling. Keep their Work Rate, Team Work in 13-14 range you no need higher and lower. Keep their Position and Marking near 11 no need higher and lower. Also it’s very handy that MCs and Full Backs have similar attributes because helps to protect yourself from unlucky injury streak you can train your MC play Full Back position and visa versa. Just watch about their foot. Left footed MC can be trained play for left full back position and Right footed MC for right full back position.

Attributes example for 2 MCs and Full Backs:

p9wu.jpg

2 DC and DM also have similar attributes so you can train your DC play DM position and DC play DM position. It also very helpful in order to protect yourself from injury streak.

Attributes example for 2 DC and DM:

sqi4.jpg

*********************************Important************************************

Common mistakes and why you can receive bad results with this tactic.

For example, make sure that your Left Full Backs - left footed(Very Strong) and Right Full Backs – right footed(Very Strong). This is very important for this tactic.

As you can see you need 3 FC for this tactic and it could be that team you want try play doesn’t have 3 FC and bear in mind that they must be speedy and technical with good dribbling. So you have 2 options: 1) sell your wingers/slow FC and buy speedy and technical FC or retrain your wingers to play FC but it could take time to retrain them so you can’t hope for good results till they reach at least 15(accomplished Rating) for FC position.

Also try to follow Attributes recommendation as much as possible. Better they fit than better results will be.

Don’t be afraid to rebuild your team. It’s much better to sell players who don’t suited and buy player who suited even if he has a bit lower CA.

Tip how maximally effective and fast to rebuild your team: Never pay all transfer sums upfront! Use Monthly Installments over 48 Month. Usually clubs agrees 10-15% upfront and other 85-90% over 48 Months. It gives you great advantage to rebuild your team as fast as possible.

Let’s say your transfer budget is 10M so you can buy 3 players for 10M each! But you need to set for each of them 2.5M upfront and 7.5M over 48 months so It only will be deducted 3.5M from your transfer budget for each of them!

***************************************Recommended PPM****************************************

GOOD PPM!

“Shoots With Power” – this PPM really game changer and must have first priority for all 3 FCs and 2 MCs. Scoring rate with this PPM increases significantly! Also 2 Full Backs usually have a lot of chances to score so it will be very useful for them too.

“Plays One-Two” – this PPM good for all 3 FCs and 2 MCs.

“Tries Killer Balls Often” – good for 3 FCs and 2 MCs.

“Gets Forward Whenever Possible” – ONLY good for 2 MC and 2 Full Backs! Very Bad for 3 FCs!

“Attempts To Develop Weaker Foot” – I’m trying to keep weaker foot of all 3 FCs not lower then (Fairly Strong). It’s very good investment it cost only 2-3CA to improve from “Weak” to “Very Strong” so I train it all young wonderkids without any thinking.

BAD PPM!

“Comes Deep To Gets Ball” – Bad for 2 MCs. I wouldn’t say it’s very critical but I recommend avoid it or unlearn this PPM.

“Gets Forward Whenever Possible” – Bad for all 3 FCs.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
this is a good tactic, scores lots of goals and very tight in defence. I am using it with a Man City save, 10 games, 9 wins 1 draw, 26 goals scored, 6 conceded not bad at all. one thong though, I do get the odd sending off.

Yup, this tactic creates incredible amount of clearcuts/one-on-one and the same time your defense extremely tight.

I’m playing West Ham in second season and my team’s have average CA 135 this is really very little for English Premier league but I’m destroying everyone.

Be aware that in this tactic I set Hard Tackling against some roles in Oppositions Instruction. I recommend leave it because test show that it has much more positive than negative but if you want you can change it.

I’m thinking to upload version without Opposition Instructions.

3ipc.jpg

Hi mate, I've tried your tactic for 7 matches with Liverpool in patch 14.1.3 and I think this tactic can be best. It is stable and attack with defence is balanced. I won all matches. If you can share your tactic this site http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/share-download-fm-14-tactics/ , you can reach this tactic more people. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks mate. I’ll post there.

Hey! interested in this tactic and wondering more attributes or player filters needed. Thanks in advance!

Hi! Ok, I’ll do that soon.

I'll give it a try with Monaco. Two questions:

1.) For the outside strikers (STCR / STCL), do you play left footed on left, right footed on right or do you play inverted (lefty or right side)?

2.) Do you always play on 'Attacking' or do you make any adjustments against top opponents or when holding on to a lead?

1.) For the outside strikers (STCR / STCL), do you play left footed on left, right footed on right or do you play inverted (lefty or right side)?

Yes, I’de recommended to play left footed on left but I’m trying to keep weaker foot of my forwards not lower then 12(Fairly strong). In Fm14 It isn’t hard to do especially with players younger than 23 age because now you can train them new PPM “Attempts To Develop Weaker Foot”. It’s costs about 2-4CA to develop from 5-8(weak) to 13-15(Strong) but I don’t recommend to develop weaker foot for players older than 24 age.

2.) Do you always play on 'Attacking' or do you make any adjustments against top opponents or when holding on to a lead?

Yes, and you’d be surprised how this tactic same time tight in defense and this is main trick you are incredibly strong in attack creating a lot of clearcuts/one-on-one and the same time you are very tight in defense. Because when you attacking you have one formation and when you are defending your formation transform.

What's the match prep mate?

Att. Movement

Tried it with Monaco. No succuss in the first 3 games.

0:0 Bordeaux (away)

1:3 Montpellier (home)

0:1 Toulouse (home)

Can you give me watch PKM from these games because as you can see main thing in this tactic is manual marking. I just want to check is everything was working as intended.

P.S. I noticed that when you change something in tactic moving positions or something like this then individual instruction setting resetting so if you changed something some setting could reset.

Testing season continues:

0:2 Lorient (home) - now dead last in the table (20th)

NOW TACTIC IS FULLY FLUID

1:3 PSG (away) - on the verge of getting fired

2:0 Bastia (home) - finally a win against a bad opponent

If you PM me your email I can send you some PKMs.

This tactic rocks!!!

7 games played, 7 won and a goalscore of 35-1 !

I had almost given up on most tactics i have tried, until i come across this.

I was thinking 3 Strikers, how good defensively it can get while trying to score.

I saw the feedback above this and also this feedback and gave it a shot.

I wasn't seeing the above for first 3 games, i won in 1 - 2 goals margin but they were away but i saw how it worked, defensively sound, i didn't conceded while offensively good.

I saw how the team attacked and defended as a unit, how the blended and how cohesive it was up and down the pitch as they moved.

Then came a 4, 5, 6 goals scoreline for the following next 3 games.

I never thought i could have a 5 goals lead against a away team, however **** poor it was and it was a very decent mid table team.

Currently it's 6 games and 6 won 19 scored 2 conceded.

I will update later with more games played.

Test season continues:

1:2 St. Etienne (home) - took an early lead but somehow gave the match away after halftime

2:1 Sochaux (away) - dominated the game but still struggled to create chances (2 CCC) and keep possession (48 %). All 3 goals came from corners

Burnum, I watched and analyzed only one match AS Monaco FC v FC Lorient so far and I found a lot of critical things and because of it you hardly expect good result with my tactic.

1) Left Full Back Marcel Tisserand isn’t really left full back. Yes, he able to play this position but his left foot is weak! Very important for my tactic that Left Fullback must have left foot Very Strong(It must be his main foot) and Right Full Back must have Right Foot Very Strong(It must be his main foot)

2)Ferreira Carrasco isn’t FC he is winger his rating on FC position is only 10.

3) James Rodriguez isn’t MC he is winger and has 10 rating in MC position.

4)Poulsen hardy suited for my tactic because he don’t have speed and dribbling. His acceleration, agility, pace, dribbling, flair is about 11 – this is very low.

This what I found so far… I’ll continue analyzing.

Burnum, mate. Please watch carefully Left Full Back must have Left foot – main! Right Full Back must have Right Foot – main(very strong). He also must be speedy, with good dribbling.

MCs without acceleration, agility, pace and dribbling isn’t suited for my tactic.

You can’t just put players play in position if they don’t capable. It’s very hardly affect the results. Players must be at least competent for their positions.

P.S. Try sell some players in preseason and buy few that suited for my tactic. You really don’t need MC like Poulsen in my tactic.

4:3 Lyon (home)

3:1 Bastia (away) - League Cup, I played 3 or 4 backups

0:4 Lille (away) - got dominated (6-0 CCC for Lille), already had a board meeting and I'm on the verge of getting fired.

13th in the table with 13 pts in 12 matches.

Some observations from my testing with Monaco (expected 4th in League 1) through 12 games:

- scored 3 from corners, conceded 6 (most in the league)

+ scored 1 IFK, didn't concede any

- we usually struggle with possession (40-50 %)

- a lot of long shots from the MC positions

- somehow leaky at the back (19th in the league with 23 conceded in 12), could also be my team's bad defense

- tactics didn't work at all before it was 100% fluent (0 wins, 1 draw, 4 losses)

+/- worked better after it was 100% fluent (4 wins, 0 draws, 3 losses; plus a cup win against inferior opponent)

I know my squad is not perfect for the tactics. I've had some injuries, so I was forced to play some players out of position or using some backups (Tisserand, Ferreira C., Ocampos, Poulsen). I still think as Monaco (one of the best teams in French league) I should be able to dominate some games, at least at home. This was not the case.

I've sent you the PKM from the 0:4 at Lille. Played most of my starters, have a look at it, please...

Burnum, mate. Please watch carefully Left Full Back must have Left foot – main! Right Full Back must have Right Foot – main(very strong). He also must be speedy, with good dribbling.

MCs without acceleration, agility, pace and dribbling isn’t suited for my tactic.

You can’t just put players play in position if they don’t capable. It’s very hardly affect the results. Players must be at least competent for their positions.

P.S. Try sell some players in preseason and buy few that suited for my tactic. You really don’t need MC like Poulsen in my tactic.

I'll give it another try with a different team later (or maybe tomorrow). Maybe you could update the opening post with some recommendations for the positions (which attributes are important for the specific positions). This could prevent other users from making the same mistake that I made on my Monaco save.

I'll give it another try with a different team later (or maybe tomorrow). Maybe you could update the opening post with some recommendations for the positions (which attributes are important for the specific positions). This could prevent other users from making the same mistake that I made on my Monaco save.

Ok. I’ll do that also will check other PKMs. Thanks for sending it to me!

You're welcome. You're looking to improve your tactics, I'm looking for a tactic to finally work for me (couldn't settle on one yet, maybe I'm just too impatient)...

I'll try another save later. Thinking about using FC Bayern. They have great full backs with the strong foot on the correct side (Alaba/Contento left, Lahm/Rafinha right). They also have great midfielders in Thiago, Schweini, Kroos, Götze and Martinez (DMC). The only players that don't really suit the tactics are Ribery and Robben (typical Inside Forwards), I might have to use them as the outside strikers. Other options up front are Mandzukic, Müller, Pizarro or maybe Götze.

For Bayern, I expect nothing short of dominating the Bundesliga. The only club coming close might be Dortmund, so anything but a top 2 finish would be an embarrassment. If you don't think they are well suited then maybe you can recommend a team to start with (playing with transfers off in 1st season to save time during testing). I won't be able to start within the next 2 hours though...

Will start in about 2 hours.

Burnum, I only see problem with FCs because Mario Mandzukic and Claudio Pizarro isn’t suited for my tactic because they both strong and slow.

Arjen Robben has only 12 rating in FC position but if you start train him FC position immediately there’s good chances that he will reach 15(Competent) in somewhere beginning of the season. Bad thing he only has 10 Versatility.

Xherdan Shaqiri also has 12 rating in FC position but if you start train him FC position immediately there’s also good chances that he will reach 15(Competent) in somewhere beginning of the season.

Franck Ribéry is the problem because he has only 9 in FC position and only 10 Versatility and there’s no chances that he reaches at least 15 in the beginning of the season.

You’ve got only 2 players who can play on FCs position but you need at least 3 and 2 for subs. So my advise try to sell Mario Mandzukic, Claudio Pizarro and Franck Ribéry and buy 2-3 FC who suited my tactic.

Mario Götze is ideal for FC but he is long term injured

Thomas Müller also don’t suited at all because he has low Acceleration, Agility, Dribbling, Technique. You can also try to sell him or retrain for MC position he has 12 rating for MC and 18 Versatility I thinks he will pick up it quickly somewhere in beginning of the season.

Alaba/Contento left, Lahm/Rafinha right - these guys is weill suited for my tactic.

P.S. And mate it isn’t possible to achieve any good results with any tactic if half of the players have only 10(unconvincing rating) for position. You need rebuild team for yourself.

P.P.S. No need to be afraid to sell players who isn’t suited for tactic. It’s much better to buy player maybe with lower CA but more suited.

Thanks for the feedback. Will start testing now. Completely forgot about Shaq, he'll be a decent striker in your tactics. Preseason in Germany starts pretty early (last week of June), so there's till a lot of time for those players to learn new positions. One question: I always thought 15 would be 'accomplished'. At least in FM 12 it was like that. Are you sure 15 is only 'competent'?

Sorry, I'll still stick to the no transfers rule for testing. Hope I can still make it work for Bayern (real-life FCB supporter). Will report back for results after I finished preseason. Will probably be some time tomorrow (Wed.) afternoon.

One question: I always thought 15 would be 'accomplished'. At least in FM 12 it was like that. Are you sure 15 is only 'competent'?

Yes, sorry I miss typed. 15 is accomplished.

Sorry, I'll still stick to the no transfers rule for testing. Hope I can still make it work for Bayern (real-life FCB supporter). Will report back for results after I finished preseason. Will probably be some time tomorrow (Wed.) afternoon.

Ehhh… you can try but as you can see you need 3 FC and not just any FCs but speedy and technical and at least 1-2 FC for subs. Hardly it can be achieved without little rebuild in pre season.

Did you look at the Lille vs Monaco PKM? Any more tips/feedback what I should do better this time? Maybe any tweaks to the tactics?

Not yet but I'll do it asap.

Müller has 17 pace, Mandzukic has 16 pace so they're not really all that slow. Götze is out for up to 6 weeks, he should be ready to play by mid-September. I agree that Pizarro is not really useful for this tactic. I'll try to retrain Ribery as a striker.

I'm not TotalFootballFan but from how I understand it Liverpool should have all the tools needed but is missing the speedy central midfielders that you need. Gerrard, Henderson, Allen are all not that pacey. The team could look like this:

GK: Mignolet

DR: Johnson

2 DCs: Skrtel, Agger, Sakho, Toure (whichever 2 you like best)

DL: Jose Enrique, Sissokho

DMC: Lucas

2 MCs: Gerrard, Henderson, Allen (neither is a great fit because of lacking speed)

3 STC: Coutinho (right), Suarez (centre), Sturridge (left), Sterling (train him as STC) and Aspas (not suited) would be backups

Hello burnum,

Thanks for your response.

Why do you think that Aspas not suited? Pace = 14, Acceleration = 15, Technique = 15 and Dribbling = 16.

And btw, i guess Sterling with Versatility = 5 and Striker position = 10 will suited not so soon:)

I ask it, because i have 3 losses streak at the start of EPL (tactic was fully fluid before first game, but Coutinho have only 16 striker rate), and it is intersting for me, could i expect better result or not:)

From watching real life games I thought Aspas would be slower than 14/15. Might as well be a fit as STC then. Sterling's low versatility will make the transition to another position harder but you don't need him as a winger so you're basically forced to sell/loan him or retrain him. He'll probably need a season to develop his STC rating so don't count on him being a 1st team contributor. Coutinho should be a perfect fit as a right striker (he's right footed, isn't he?). Just get his striker rating up.

burnum, mate I’ve watched Lille vs Monaco and only these explanation I can find.

1) Valère Germain – Strong and slow with bad dribbling and flair but you need fast, agile, technical with good dribling. He has Acceleration 12 Agility and Pace 10 – this is extremely low, Dribbling and Flair – 11 also extremely low. He is good target man but you need Inside Forward/Poacher. A lot of his CA budget is spent on Strength, Jumping, Work Rate, Team Work – but you don’t need that.

2) Emmanuel Rivière – almost the same as Valère Germain. Dribbling – 11, Technique – 12, Creativity - 9 – this is very low. Again a lot of his CA budget spent on Strength, Jumping, Work Rate, Team Work – but you don’t need that.

3) Anthony Martial this guy has only 107 CA you hardly can expect for stable winning on this level having player with such low CA. He got almost all his attributes bellow average. You need someone with CA no lower than 135 to expect stable winning.

4) Ferreira Carrasco Yannick – this guy has only 11 rating in FC position and very low Versatility. Also CA isn’t so great only 123CA so it hardly could expect stable winning having such player playing.

So I concede 4 goals against a midtable team because some of my rotational strikers are too slow/bad???

Example, Look 3 FC in my tactic dribble a lot so let’s say one of forward start dribble but his dribbling very low only 11 so he constantly loosing ball and you are losing possession and receiving extra attacks from opposition.

Also you conceded 2 goals from corners one of DC Carvalho has jumping 11 is very low for DC in my tactic 2 DC and DM expected to have jumping not lower than 14. What tactic can do about that?

Third goal also came from counter attack after corner.

Forth goal come for very unlucky ricochet but at this moment you already was down 3 goals so morale was very low.

P.S. Mate, your success in attack has direct connection to your success in defense. More successful passes, dribble your attacker make than more attack you have and less attack your opponent has. 3 FC in my tactic expected to make a lot of dribble and passes.

P.P.S. It’s also important moment that 2 DC and DM in my tactic must have jumping not lower than 13-14 because they only who in my tactic expected to spend CA budget on Jumping. These guys “Marking Tall Players” in defensive corners and fight for air after crosses. Back to Lille vs Monaco game DC Ricardo Carvalho has only 11 jumping and DM Jérémy Toulalan has only 11 jumping.

Archived