Indonesian nationality

Hello community,

I am managing an Indonesian team (Persikubar), and I wondered if it is possible for my foreign players to get the Indonesian nationality. There is this rule in the Djarum ISL (the top competition in Indonesia) that I can only register 5 foreign players for it. Of course all the good Indonesian players are too expensive, while players from countries as China and even Uzbekistan are free, and better.

If I look up at my own foreign players, I don't see anything as 'naturalisation' (I don't know if it is the right word in English), I mean the amount of days a player has to live in the country to get the nationality. Is it impossible for a foreigner to get the Indonesian nationality? Or am I looking at the wrong place?

Not an answer, but I was wondering this for India as well. In all the European leagues on the player info screen it says "Days to gain nationality" or something like that, whereas for the foreign players in India nothing is there. Does this mean they can NEVER gain second nationality?

Dont have the editor to hand, but if you check in there and go to the Indonesia nation, it should tell you 'Years To Gain Nationality'. It may be set to 0 at the moment. If you set it to 5 (which seems to be the true figure as stated above) it SHOULD mean that the players in the league start to accumulate qualifying days, then will be naturalised after the 5 years, and those who already have history in the game as playing in Indonesia will have that already added, i.e someone who has played there since 2010 will have 3 years (or ~1100 days, whatever 3 years is!) added at the start of the game and they will only need another 2 years.

You will have to start a new game to get that happening tho unfortunately.

Britrock: that Wiki link says you can apply for Indonesian nationality after 5 years if 'having Indonesian citizenship will not give the person dual citizenship'. I read that as you can become Indonesian in place of your previous nationality (i.e. can't have Indonesian as a 2nd nationality) which may be why it's not implemented in the game.

Well, there is a footballer who got naturalized to Indonesian, he plays for their national team now. So it is possible in real life, too bad it is not possible in FM (yet?).

And this post lists all the requirements needed to get an Indonesian citizenship.

@crowsus: Thanks for the tip. Too bad I didn't know that before, and I'm already playing at my team for 5-6 seasons, and I don't want to start over :)

Dont have the editor to hand, but if you check in there and go to the Indonesia nation, it should tell you 'Years To Gain Nationality'. It may be set to 0 at the moment. If you set it to 5 (which seems to be the true figure as stated above) it SHOULD mean that the players in the league start to accumulate qualifying days, then will be naturalised after the 5 years, and those who already have history in the game as playing in Indonesia will have that already added, i.e someone who has played there since 2010 will have 3 years (or ~1100 days, whatever 3 years is!) added at the start of the game and they will only need another 2 years.

You will have to start a new game to get that happening tho unfortunately.

Actually, is it possible to do this with a live editor?

It's a little bit hard to implement ingame. You need to wait until near preasidential voting year, OR arrange a marriage to local girl and change religion. :lol: Then wait forever and receive your citizenship near retirement age only to get underused in so-not-worth-it national setup. :D

Google it, you'll know I'm not kid you.

• 2 weeks later...

I am playing in the Indonesian league (in FM11, and did so in FM12 too). If I remember correctly, there's no naturalisation of foreigners for Indonesian leagues, unless a foreigner already has Indonesian as his second nationality even before he steps foot in Indonesia. An example is Indonesian forward Boaz Salosso, whom I believe is of mixed Dutch and Indonesian nationalities.

Does that mean any Indonesian that goes to another country and gains citizenship, that they have to revoke their Indonesian passport?

I know that was the case when my grandparents came from Belgium in the 60's, thought it would have been abolished in this modern age with everyone on the move.

Nope, this is still true. The furthest most Indonesians will go is Permanent Residency instead of citizenship.

Probably why the value doesn't exist for naturalization in Indonesia, there's just simply no way to implement it in-game properly.

Archived