Unrealistic Managerial Appointments

I know this is probably very low on the list of priorities at this point in the game's life cycle, but I just wanted to point it out.

In my game Andre Villas Boas has moved straight from Spurs to Arsenal, and Steven Gerrard just got his first managerial job. At Everton.

I know this does happen sometimes in real life, for example George Graham managed Arsenal and then Spurs, Alex McLeish went straight from Birmingham to Villa, and a few players have moved directly between rival clubs, but I was wondering if some bias could be added into the game to make it less likely that players and managers with certain clubs in their history will go on to play-for/manage a direct rival, especially in a case like Gerrard.

What's also annoying is how slowly your reputation increases even if you're doing exceptionally well.

I'm pretty sure if a manager got his first job in the Skrill North and got this tiny club promoted to the Championship (i.e. 4 promotions) and 1 or 2 cup wins in 6 years or less, everyone would be talking about him.

And yet you still have a reputation of "Regional" and passed over for Premier League jobs.

• SI Staff

This is mainly down to the fact that we can't/don't load large numbers of unemployed managers, so there's a naturally smaller pool to choose from. Will have a look into long-term reputation progression, though!

What's also annoying is how slowly your reputation increases even if you're doing exceptionally well.

I'm pretty sure if a manager got his first job in the Skrill North and got this tiny club promoted to the Championship (i.e. 4 promotions) and 1 or 2 cup wins in 6 years or less, everyone would be talking about him.

And yet you still have a reputation of "Regional" and passed over for Premier League jobs.

If my memory serves me correct, this has been an issue with all FMH games.

Alari - I’m pretty certain that people report this issue every year and as a result the game is tweaked. I really enjoy managing a club from the lowest tier with the aim of taking them right to the very top. One of the things that makes this so enjoyable is the prospect of a bigger team coming in for you – as they do in real life. You are then faced with the dilemma – do I stick with my club and carry on my mission or do I take up the opportunity of managing a big club – be that a club in League 1, the Championship or the Premier League. It would be a real shame if your managerial reputation does not progress in-keeping with your achievements. I often look at Martin O'Neil as an example of how someone can bring a side like Wycombe up from the conference to what was the old 2nd division. He was then approached by 1st division Norwich.

EDIT: My managerial rating is 'Local' but I have just been offered the job at Cheltenham Town. I'm managing Bishop's Stortford in the Skill Premier. I'm sitting top of the league after 21 games. Cheltenham Town are in League Two and are 23rd. I would say that this is quite a realistic scenario. So far so good.

This is mainly down to the fact that we can't/don't load large numbers of unemployed managers, so there's a naturally smaller pool to choose from. Will have a look into long-term reputation progression, though!

One thing I will say to the devs is to remember that this is a game where you can start with a top top team if you want to, so you won't be breaking the game if you make it just a little easier to move up the ladder quickly.

I would suggest that League and Cup trophies add more to reputation than they currently do (relative to the competition's prestige, of course), and also add "Promotions", "Manager of the Month awards" and "Manager of the Year awards" to the Manager Profile sceen, and have these things also affect reputation accordingly.

"Relegations" could also be added, and affect reputation negatively. One problem here, though, is that a player could simply resign if he feels he can't save a team. But hey, you can't stop people from cheating if they really want to.

"Relegations" could also be added, and affect reputation negatively. One problem here, though, is that a player could simply resign if he feels he can't save a team. But hey, you can't stop people from cheating if they really want to.

You could compensate for that by having the very act of resigning having a detrimental effect on your managerial reputation. Personally I think that happens in real life.

There's a lot more already affecting reputation than what you see on the manager profile screen, pretty sure all the things you mention are already taken into account.

I'm sure they are, but I don't think the positives are weighed heavily enough at the moment.

Also it would be nice just to be able to see them. The Manager Profile screen is a little bare at the moment, space is not at a premium there.

Archived