official dark skin problem...Important

tts0

So, I've just downloaded the official dark skin from steam workshop and - instead of my beloved dark skin - I've got some "super-white" skin. Everything is just more bright and many letters are white while whole background is also very bright. What is wrong with that?

Please, help ot give me some external link to this skin!

Thanks!

• Administrators
So, I've just downloaded the official dark skin from steam workshop and - instead of my beloved dark skin - I've got some "super-white" skin. Everything is just more bright and many letters are white while whole background is also very bright. What is wrong with that?

Please, help ot give me some external link to this skin!

Thanks!

Have you installed any other third party graphics/skins etc? First I've heard of this particular issue happening.

Suggest you clear the skin cache and redownload the skin...

So, I did what you've said and didn;t help. Any suggestions?

I remember having this dark skin in BETA and I;ve downloaded it from non-steam source that I can't find anymore. Why?

So, I did what you've said and didn;t help. Any suggestions?

I remember having this dark skin in BETA and I;ve downloaded it from non-steam source that I can't find anymore. Why?

Are you saying it's not the official skin? which it won't be if you downloaded from a non steam source... particularly if it was in beta as the dark skin wasn't released then.

Delete it and download from steam workshop, it should be fine there.

Are you saying it's not the official skin? which it won't be if you downloaded from a non steam source... particularly if it was in beta as the dark skin wasn't released then.

Delete it and download from steam workshop, it should be fine there.

You got it all wrong. I couldn't find that BETA skin I've had, so downloaded the official one from steam workshop and it's the one that don't work. Actually neither skin works for me right now but official bright one. Sometnig is messed up and I don't know wether it is FM data issue or my laptop graphics issue.

Try both... go back to the FAQ I told you about and clear cache manually and also clear the settings while you are there... (although you've said you've re-installed, so may not need it).

And then update your graphics card drivers too

Cover all your bases and see if it helps.

Try both... go back to the FAQ I told you about and clear cache manually and also clear the settings while you are there... (although you've said you've re-installed, so may not need it).

And then update your graphics card drivers too

Cover all your bases and see if it helps.

So I;ve tried everything you suggested and nothing helped. I can't even provide a screenshot because the in-game shortcut to do so doesn't work. It seems strange cuz I've never had such an issue.

So, I've been messing around with this for past few days and my conclusion is that the official light skin conflicts somehow with other skins wether it's official or unofficial one. I think, this is some FM data issue and it would be nice, if someone from SI Graphics Team could look into this. Would be very grateful. For now Im forced to use the official light skin which is pretty annoying.:(

If you are running on Windows 7 and have your Saving Location on a SSD try moving your saving location to a normal hard-drive and then reinstall the skin. (There's some weird bug with Windows 7, Solid State Drives and png files).

I'm running on Win 7 64-bit but dont have any SSD as far as I know. Anyway, BETA worked fine for me as well as previous FMs, so Im running out of ideas whats going on...

So, is there someone that can confirm weather it is a bug or not? I'm not the only one that suffering from this issue as far as I know and if it's a bug, I would like it to be reported, cuz using the official light skin is very annoying.

Thanks, I will be following this thread, yet the solution hasn't been found for me and I;m pretty upset. I'm wondering whats changed since the BETA when it comes to graphics etc.? One thing I got in mind is that I;ve had to reinstal Steam and then I installed FM in diferent location than Steam itself for the first time in my life. If it's not a data issue, maybe this is the reason for that? I can;t reinstal the game etc. right now, so Im asking - is there someoe who has FM instaled in diferent location than Steam itself and is able to use Dark Skin?

• 2 months later...

Has anyone had this problem and been able to fix it? I just reinstalled Windows 7 on both my desktop and laptop, and all dark skins look like in the pictures above. The official one additionally took forever to install from Workshop.

I've tried every single suggestion, and I'm starting to feel the urge to either throw the ****ing ***** on the floor or go back to FM13.

In Linux it works without any problems (ironically enough), but it makes my laptop hotter than Windows, so I prefer to use the latter if in any way possible.

Archived