Hiring a lower league assistant manager

Starting as Stalybridge manager, didn;t had staff automatically added as I wanted some control. I want to hire an Assistant Manager without assigning the responsibility to the board. Whether with adverts or searching, I cannot find anyone willing to be hired in the wage range allowed.

In previous version I don't remember having this much of a challenge finding potential candidates.

Any recommendations? Am I doing something wrong with 2014 in terms of finding someone?

I've had this on this version and previous versions of FM. Not much you can do other than search for the 1 in 100 who will take a lower salary, real pain in the neck.

That's why I now tick to automatically add staff - at least it gives you a vague chance of having someone in those positions.

Easy solution for staff in lower league.

Look under staff, customise the view so you can see 'job' field in the view.

Sort so you can see all 'players' what you are looking for is players who can also play as staff.

You can hire them on a non-contract, give them highest possible pay per game and high goal bonus etc, and stick them in your u21's.

You get all the benefits of their coaching/assistant attributes with none of the cost of them. This means you can fill your staff, and coaches.

Finding a player/scout that is actually useful is probably the most difficult. I managed to find a head of youth development who has the ability to scout but only if you manually ask him to. I want him to be chief scout so i can automatically send him on assignments!

Archived