'Thunderous free kick from 14 yards'

In the round-up of leagues I was informed of player x scoring the pick of the goals with a 'thunderous free kick from 14 yards'. Is this possible? I know the penalty area is the 18 yard box and penalty spot is 12 yards. Even if it was at the side of the penalty area it would still be more than 14 yards away from goal right?

In the round-up of leagues I was informed of player x scoring the pick of the goals with a 'thunderous free kick from 14 yards'. Is this possible? I know the penalty area is the 18 yard box and penalty spot is 12 yards. Even if it was at the side of the penalty area it would still be more than 14 yards away from goal right?

It's possible to get a free kick (indirect) that far out from a back pass, whether it's in the game, however, is another matter. =)

Scoring from an indirect isn't a free kick though. If a player misses a pen and sticks in the rebound they haven't scored a pen.

Thus 14yd free kick is impossible.

No its not impossible. Its an "indirect" free kick. Who's to say the player's "thunderous" free kick didnt take a slight deflection on the way through?

Shearer? Euro 96? Seriously if your playing a football game you should really know the rules.

If you're posting on an internet forum you should really know the difference between your and you're.

There are no backpasses in FM are there? Definitely a bug if so.

I'll repeat what has already been said here and say that's definitely possible. A handball by the goalkeeper or a high foot are just two ways an indirect free kick could be given inside the penalty area. From that distance, and usually with a 6-8 man wall, the usual approach is to hit it with power. A touch from a teammate to tee it up, or a deflection, or even an attempted save from the keeper all make it a legitimate goal.

You can't shoot from an indirect free kick, you need a team mate to lay it off before you shoot. In that case, IIRC FM commentary just recognises a shot rather than a free kick. So a 14 yard free kick, in FM at least, is not possible.

Yes you can shoot from an indirect freekick. Don't be silly.

You can't score DIRECT from it though, there's a difference.

Yes you can shoot from an indirect freekick. Don't be silly.

You can't score DIRECT from it though, there's a difference.

Not how the ME in FM14 interprets it though, never seen any of my players trying to shoot from an indirect free kick, they often just lay it off and then the defence clears it.

So it's ok for you to have a go at someone but not for someone to have a go at you?

Yes, because somebody is complaining about something that can happen according to the rules. If your playing a football game you should really know the rules before you come to a forum crying about something. As for my grammar, just because I cant be arsed writing you're doesn't mean I dont know the difference. Just like I know its don't. Theres a difference between being a tad lazy and thick. Maybe I should explain that in layman's terms for you.

Yes, because somebody is complaining about something that can happen according to the rules. If your playing a football game you should really know the rules before you come to a forum crying about something. As for my grammar, just because I cant be arsed writing you're doesn't mean I dont know the difference. Just like I know its don't. Theres a difference between being a tad lazy and thick. Maybe I should explain that in layman's terms for you.

3231465-come-at-me-bro-spider-man-meme-s480x390-196085.jpg

I wouldn't say that your posts have added anything onto this debate to be honest. Here's a couple of apostrophes for your next post ''' . Oh, you also made the your / you're mistake again by the way. 'Just like I know its don't' doesn't really add much either. I clearly know the rules of football I was highlighting a) a possible bug and b) just posing a question for clarification and potential discussion.

I wouldn't say that your posts have added anything onto this debate to be honest. Here's a couple of apostrophes for your next post ''' . Oh, you also made the your / you're mistake again by the way. 'Just like I know its don't' doesn't really add much either. I clearly know the rules of football I was highlighting a) a possible bug and b) just posing a question for clarification and potential discussion.

I am quite aware that I put "your" again :rolleyes:

a) If you think its a bug, why not post in the bug's forum?

b) The OP wasnt clear. You say you know the rules yet say "is this possible?". Yes of course its possible. As has been pointed out many times.

All we can see from the OP is you know how big the penalty area is, and you clearly ask the question, "is this possible?". Which to me says you dont know the rules. You never mentioned anything about it being a bug or a possible bug. Nice try at a back track though. You got your answer now anyway. Yes it is possible.

Archived