Champions League Rules?

Couldn't find it anywhere on 'Champions Cup' or 'English Premier Division' rules so decided to ask the question on here...

If for example Manchester United win the Champions League but do not finish in the top 4, do they still enter the competition the next year?? Also what would happen to the other top 4 if Man Utd do enter the competition? Does 4th place still enter and the competition have 5 English teams?

I know what the rules are IRL but not sure if it's the same on FM??

I am currently playing an online season with 2 other friends with 2/3 league games to go in our second season and the league looks like this:

1. Man City (Champions already)

2. Chelsea (Guaranteed 2nd) (Friend 1)

3. Man Utd (70 PTS) (Friend 2)

4. Newcastle (68 PTS) (Me)

5. Spurs (67 PTS)

6. Everton (55 PTS)

The last 4 in the Champions League are : Barcelona, Man Utd, Spurs and Everton (yes, Everton).

Could someone let me know what would happen if I (Newcastle) get top 4 but Spurs, Everton or Man Utd win the CL but don't get top 4???

The winners of the previous champions league season must be in the tournament. So if they finish 5th they would take the place of the team that finish 4th. When chelsea won the cl a couple of years ago and finished outside the top 4 they took the place of spurs who finished 4th in the league.

Yes, it's what happened IRL 2 years ago when Chelsea finished 6th but won the champions league. Chelsea went straight to group stage, 4th place Tottenham did not qualify and 3rd place arsenal went to the qualifying place like 4th usually would.

This was changed after the Liverpool situation in 2005.

Archived