A strange issue across several FM's

I'm sure others may have noticed it as well. A big name player is out of contract, you approach to sign and the demands are insane. In this case a 34 year old Zlatan Ibrahimovic is demanding £375k p/w as well as millions in the loyalty fees & agent fees. Instead I go back, offer a trial. He turns up at the club, go to offer contract new wage demands of £33k p/w loyalty/agent fees less than £1m all in. What is it that actually causes this to happen? It's not universal, Theo Walcott in the same situation - approach initial wage demands £88k p/w. Take him on trial, wage demands still at £80k p/w.

I'm sure others may have noticed it as well. A big name player is out of contract, you approach to sign and the demands are insane. In this case a 34 year old Zlatan Ibrahimovic is demanding £375k p/w as well as millions in the loyalty fees & agent fees. Instead I go back, offer a trial. He turns up at the club, go to offer contract new wage demands of £33k p/w loyalty/agent fees less than £1m all in. What is it that actually causes this to happen? It's not universal, Theo Walcott in the same situation - approach initial wage demands £88k p/w. Take him on trial, wage demands still at £80k p/w.

Reading between the lines I suspect the first offer he isn't really interested in joining the club and therefore asks for a huge amount.

Once on trial FM probably re-evaluates his options and he asks for a more reasonable sum given your club & squad.

Archived