[FM14] United States Leagues

BlueLou; Anychance that you will be creating the NPSL to? As I understand it is considered to be a league at the same level as the PDL.

I'm trying to add that to the mod but I am clueless to why the league won't show up :(

I think I have to just create a mod from scratch. lol I think I learned a little bit about the editor since I've spent the last two days trying to figure it out.

I've been losing sleep trying to figure out how to add leagues and get the squad rules and salary cap back for the MLS. :(

-edit

well I finally was able to add the league but sadly I had to create one from scratch lol. Good thing is I solved my problem with the MLS losing its rules and it seem to lose its rules when you edit any match rules inside the advance rules panels instead of setting them up beforehand in the basic editor. Now I will attempt to recreate this mod using a ton of screen shots….This is a fun saturday for me lol.

LA Blues have a U-23 team in the PDL IRL

Oh ok, then that must be it.

But another thing, what is preventing the creator of this database from putting in the real times in the lower tears? Most of them are fakes or outdated by 5 or so years. So, basically he just unlocked lower leagues rather than editing them to make them have the real teams in them?

• 5 weeks later...
  • SI Staff
has anyone added the expansion teams new york city & orlando city too the mls? not bothered if it loses the draft etc if so could you send me the file thanks

I didn't even try to add them in case it caused problems.

Granted that I have yet to try the update on the 1st December, but I am having an issue playing in the NASL where the season isn't due to end until the 11th November, but player and staff contracts run out on the 31st October. I just lost a lot of players and staff the day before the final match of the Autumn season.

As far as I'm aware, I'm unable to fix this because the game only has 1 contract year expiry per nation, not per division.

When i subscribe Your file on Steam nothing was happen and i still cant play at You update...

I don't know what to suggest, to be honest. I don't want to host the file away from the steam, it's too convenient for me to have it all in one place and automatically update. :)

Something I have noticed:

You have the Los Angeles Blues in both the 4th tier (USL PDL) and the 3rd tier (USL Pro)

It's the affiliate team of LA Blues in the USL PDL.

Am I able to add the Squad rules and salary cap back to the MLS without losing the Draft and Allstar game?

I think I know what the issue is, but I won't be able to fix it. I think it comes down to 'Rules' for the MLS possibly being 'hardcoded' and I may have accidentally replaced the MLS rules in the XML file by virtue of adding the rules for the lower leagues.

@Blue Lou

I think its a bug. Everytime I add a lower league to the MLS and make a edit to the lower leagues in the advanced editor, the MLS lose it's rules. Everything worked fine when I made the edits strictly in the XML and started from scratch.

Im waiting for the database update to recreate everything with all the leagues down to USSDA.

Hey Blue Lou, I'm currently hard at work on adding in the expansion teams for this season's lower leagues. I was wondering if you wanted to put it out when I finish? Just about finishing up the NASL now (adding Indy Eleven and Ottawa Fury), and then plan on trying to get USL Pro affiliates set up and do the PDL as well.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Blue Lou!

First of all thanks for the update. However, Carolina RailHawks and Tampa Bay Rowdies are missing from the NASL with the new file. I tried to fix it changing the number of the teams for the division from 8 to 10 in the advanced rules panel and it worked, but when I try to test the file it crashes when verifying the PDL, meaning that the lower league I can load in game is the USL PRO. Maybe if you try to do it it will work since it was you who created the file.

Thanks!

• SI Staff

I did so 10 days ago but it seems that subscribers' files are not being updated by Steam. Try unsubscribing to the file and re-subscribing to see if it updates.

I did so 10 days ago but it seems that subscribers' files are not being updated by Steam. Try unsubscribing to the file and re-subscribing to see if it updates.

I was able to get it without the USL-PDL. So that shouldn't be an issue other than the Soccer Bowl of the NASL is not on it.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Only Problems I see are:

1.) For some reason when using this file MLS teams do not sign ( I have seen 2 siginings over 6 years) from their Academy teams. I ran a test with the unedited original db and there are multiple signings from each club each year. Not sure why this would happen as you have not touched MLS.

2.) The NASL spring season has the clubs playing 3-4 games in 10 day periods just about the whole season.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
It's only available through Steam.

Rules Are Rules and you just broke one

"This is the place for all your Editing customisation, questions and assistance, you can also show off your own work and make available to others to download.

Please remember:-

1. Use the search function before starting a new thread, as your question may have already been answered

2. That downloads must be a direct link and not linked to an external site where you need to register to download.

3. Seek permission from original author before publicly re-releasing someone else's work with or without your own tweaks and edits, failure to adhere to this will result in a 10 point infraction

4. All downloads must be a direct link to the download and not linked to an external forum or website that users have to register on."

Archived