In-Game Editor

I think that when you transfer a player to another team, the player's history should show the value of the player in that moment as the fee paid, instead of showing "free transfer". IMO this way would feel more realistic.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A feature i would like to see is changing the colours of the team in match. Reason being, Dunfermline's away kit is a light blue, which is added with the game, but the colours on the scoreboard etc are showing red/yellow, which makes even some home games Dunfermline wearing light blue shirt and the opposite team the same. it has been reported in the bugs forum but when the update comes out i will have to start a new game and im enjoying my current game. please add this as a feature!

I see it has been listed a few times but I desire to add my suggestions for the tallies on priority...

- Freeze Button, to freeze players, you know, so I cam keep Gerrard playing until he is 40.

- Ability to loan players.

- Have more control over the transfer info when you transfer a player, like fees, new contract etc.

- Edit more of the contracts players have including clauses.

Just noticed that if your training a player in a new position, then use the IGE to make it up to 20 then it will revert back in a day or so. So if you want to use the IGE to give someone a new position then make sure you don't train them their first. I remember this being a problem in 2012 with FMRTE. This is really quite annoying as I find it realistic that a player need to train to get natural in a new position, but one he gets there he shouldn't have to waste the 40-66% individual training time to keep it natural. Was hoping that any players that I retrain to natural I can then use the IGE to save their position as 20 and not waste individual training time.

Is there any way to fix this bar not using the new position training? Only work around I know was what I did in FM 12 where I would play a player in the "new position" and for every 5 games started give them 1 point in that new position using the IGE.

I have something to bring up that I really, really, really, REALLY would love to be able to do in FM.

I have written many Python scripts for analyzing the players on my team. I know that people will wonder why I do it like this, but my thoughts are that I basically always use the same logic for training, for picking my best 11 / 22, etc. I find that if I write it down it takes me forever and I don't enjoy making decisions as much. Basically I run the python scripts to give me general information about my team that isn't easily available in the game.

I understand why last year SI had to disallow the exporting of proprietary database information from the 3rd party editors. I understand that the full FM database was being used in ways that it wasn't intended, and violated intellectual property rights.

All I want to do is get a text file with the non-hidden attributes of all of the players on my team so I can run it through my analysis and print some general info not customizable in the game. Typing them all in by hand is so tedious that I essentially just stop playing once the offseason comes or when I hit one of my training milestones that I set for myself.

An example of how I use this is to set custom important attributes for roles, and then analyze all of my players that can play the position to see their strengths and weaknesses in my custom role for training purposes. Or, analyzing ALL of my youth players at every position, to find that MC who won't break into the team at MC, but maybe has a future as a FB. Or even the very occasional DC who could be a great target man.

Anyway the in-game editor is a great evolution in the series, and I know there is some trouble with protecting property with something like this, but just wanted to state my wishes.

Hi guys i just wanted to know why i cant seem to see the option to disable the in game editor option anymore, my game is up to date and its on 4.2.2 before on 4.2 i was able to select if i wanted to have it enabled or not.

Is anyone else facing the same problem were no option comes up to disable it when starting new game ?

If anyone has any questions on how to use database , you can ask me now , i am online here all night and i will respond to you in detail , simon

I HAVE THREE OR FOUR DIFFERENT PROFILES ON HERE , BEEN USING FM FOR YEARS , AND I AM EXPERT ON THE DATABASE , LOL...

I know that if you edit the stats but did not set the CA, the game will decrease the stats back to be in line with the CA. How about the opposite?

If I set the CA higher but leave the stats alone, they would automatically increase? And uf the stats increase, what is it based on and how long will it take?

TIA

I know that if you edit the stats but did not set the CA, the game will decrease the stats back to be in line with the CA. How about the opposite?

If I set the CA higher but leave the stats alone, they would automatically increase? And uf the stats increase, what is it based on and how long will it take?

TIA

Should do, yes. It should be based on the player's position. If you increase the CA of a defender, tackling should increase; if he's a forward, finishing should increase more and so on.

This may of been asked before but I have a few questions about IGE. I bought it today and I'm loving it but I was messing around with of some players and coaches stats making them unbelievable! But after a couple of weeks I started noticing the stats started dropping like crazy on both players an coaches? after I have changed the stats do I need to do something to CA and PA? Again really sorry if this has been asked. Thanks

I think to make contract negotiations easier, when on a contract negotiation with a player or staff, when clicking the editor tool button there should be a 'Disable Restrictions' button allowing you to do what ever you want in the contract negotiation?

- Also can the editor be used online?

• 2 weeks later...

In a current game is it possible to change the name of a competition?

I have the in-game editor but it doesn't give an option and I have also changed the name in the database and the name still does not change in my current saved game.

Any suggestions on how to make this happen?

I have the in-game editor but it doesn't give an option and I have also changed the name in the database and the name still does not change in my current saved game.

Any suggestions on how to make this happen?

Are you trying to change the name of a comp in a current save, or for a new one?

Great to see that the patch added new functionality to the IGE. Mainly the ability to change country data. The IGE has become much better and more advanced with every patch. I really hope that SI will continue this work into FM15. Some things that would be interesting to see for next year:

* Ability to change city of birth for players and staff.

* Ability to change feeder clubs.

* Ability to change clauses for loans. For example "Can play against own team" or "Can be recalled".

You can change the name of any player, competition etc locally (for all games played on your PC; not saved in the save game) using a .lnc file.

Works like

"COMP_LONG_NAME_CHANGE" 130023 "Danske Bank Premiership" "English"

"COMP_SHORT_NAME_CHANGE" 130023 "Danske Bank Premier" "English"

Turn on the ingame setting to show you IDs, then find the competition you want to rename, write down the number, make a new file in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2014\data\db\1430\lnc with a .lnc ending, and write into it using the above format. I believe you can leave the language field blank, like

"COMP_LONG_NAME_CHANGE" 127286 "AFC Champions League" ""

Then restart FM and enjoy the fruits of your labour..

I'm considering buying the game and would get the editor with it, but I usually use RTE to nerf the newgens coming into the game since I play using a custom database with a heavily reduced average CA/PA. Are there any plans to implement some way of editing large numbers of players at once?

Can I use the IGE to remove a player from a national team? Right now in MLS play, there appears to be a bug that allows player with mere "U.S. green card" eligibility (so they don't count for an international slot) to be called up by the US National Team. The IGE could be a dandy workaround this bug until it's solved for.

A suggestion for the In-Game Editor in FM15:

To be able to edit players skin and hair colour as I've seen black players with white skin in the match engine and vice versa.

That shouldn't be happening. If you have examples can you take a look in here; http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/365-Match-Engine-3D-and-Team-Talks to see whether this requires a new thread or if there is one you can add to. Thanks

Another small suggestion for FM15: When editing attributes it would be good if we were able to use tab to change between the attributes. Now I have to click on every single attribute that I want to change (and considering that newgens are so unbalanced that's usually a lot). I'd prefer if it were possible to change several attributes only using the keyboard.

Just a quick question.

I know using the ingame editor you can terminate a manager's contract from any club BUT can you move a manager to a different club?

For example, terminating Arsene Wenger's contract and then moving him to Spurs?

Just having a mess about game while I figure out my next gem of a save to do.

Cheers :)

If I change a players CA, do I need to change the attributes to match it?

The game will automatically adjust them over time but you can do it yourself if you prefer. Tinker with it until the recommended CA matches the CA or is at least within a couple of points.

Archived