In-Game Editor

Talking about adjusting CA and seeing the attributes going up to correct to the CA.

- Does anyone know for a fact, if that also works on the players past their peak? 31-33+ years old.

I do know that their CA automatically start to drop a point every now and again because of aging, but was just wondering one could combat that.

If you want to lengthen a player's career without just making them younger, then increase their Professionalism and Natural Fitness. Both result in slower physical attribute atrophy, because the player is more committed to training/eating right/blahblahblah, and are just naturally in better shape (a notion that is ridiculous scientifically, but meh, that's a long debate).

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want to ask some questions before I buy it.

1)If I will adjust the attributes of the player(not everything 20 of course, in reasonable numbers) will the CA also adjusted to the correct level or I should have to "guess" the CA and either I get the attributes drop gain or be better than I wanted them to be?

2)Does it have an option to cure injured players and also boost their morale?

3)Is there an option for the team tactic to make players "learn" it 100%?(as FMRTE had)

thanks

- 1) When editing the attributes, and going to look at the CA/PA, it will recommend a CA for the adjustments you made to the attributes.

- 2) Yes, technically. You can edit their morale and fitness levels. However not a 'heal team' option.

- 3) No, there is not. But if you just plan on learning one tactic to start with, set it to all 3 spots, and it should learn quicker.

This IS the IGE thread right?

So why, SIgames, are you dodging questions?

Sorry for being hard on you, but to me it seems you only answer the questions you want to answer.

If this is not the case, and you have a valid reason, then excuse my shortcomings on the english language.

Its just getting a little tiresome is all... You must have had the idea and/or plans for the IGE prior to launch,

and must've known that people would be asking questions.

• SI Staff

If you read the thread I'm pretty sure all the questions that keep getting re-asked have been answered before.

A short summary:

Network game: A mistake to allow clients to be able to edit in network mode, will be resolved in the next update hopefully.

Feature requests: We are taking note of them all and will be looking to make additions, hopefully some in updates for this version and some are more complicated and likely to be next version. No schedule for anything as of yet.

If you read the thread I'm pretty sure all the questions that keep getting re-asked have been answered before.

A short summary:

Network game: A mistake to allow clients to be able to edit in network mode, will be resolved in the next update hopefully.

Feature requests: We are taking note of them all and will be looking to make additions, hopefully some in updates for this version and some are more complicated and likely to be next version. No schedule for anything as of yet.

Thank you very much EdL ... I'll shut up now. :D

- 1) When editing the attributes, and going to look at the CA/PA, it will recommend a CA for the adjustments you made to the attributes.

- 2) Yes, technically. You can edit their morale and fitness levels. However not a 'heal team' option.

- 3) No, there is not. But if you just plan on learning one tactic to start with, set it to all 3 spots, and it should learn quicker.

Thanks a lot :)

I've noticed something which doesn't appear to make sense so I assume it's a bug but I'm happy for somebody to correct me if it's my mistake.

I'm currently looking at one of my central midfielders; his CA is 154, his recommended CA is 153 and his positional skills are all 1 except for Central midfielder which is 20.

If I change his Left midfielder skill to 20, his recommended CA drops to 152. So the game thinks he should need fewer CA points to learn a second position?

If I change his Right midfielder skill to 20 also, his recommended CA drops to 151. So the game thinks his attributes + his CM ability requires 153 CA but his attributes + CM + LM + RM only requires 151?

Is this a bug or is this normal behaviour?

I've noticed something which doesn't appear to make sense so I assume it's a bug but I'm happy for somebody to correct me if it's my mistake.

I'm currently looking at one of my central midfielders; his CA is 154, his recommended CA is 153 and his positional skills are all 1 except for Central midfielder which is 20.

If I change his Left midfielder skill to 20, his recommended CA drops to 152. So the game thinks he should need fewer CA points to learn a second position?

If I change his Right midfielder skill to 20 also, his recommended CA drops to 151. So the game thinks his attributes + his CM ability requires 153 CA but his attributes + CM + LM + RM only requires 151?

Is this a bug or is this normal behaviour?

It has to do with how attributes are "weighted" according to player position. Certain combinations of positions mean less CA "points" are required for a given set of attributes.

If you want to see this in action more dramatically, take a player and do the following: if he is naturally a central player (IE a CM), set him to 12 points in all central roles (CB, DM, CM, AM, ST) other than his original role - leave that at 20. Now set him to 8 points in all other roles, excluding goalkeeper. Now look at his suggested CA - he's probably about 10, 12 points better off, IIRC.

No, it does not - once you activate the IGE, you effectively remove yourself from the leaderboards.

Anything else would be unfair to people not using the editor / cheating.

lol "unfair to people" how is anyones personal game unfair to people not useing the editor, how is it cheating, who cares about the leaderboards anyway?

It's an editor to allow you to taylor the game as you feel fit, just as the pregame editor does, it does no harm and cheats no one.

Not everyone uses the IGE to cheat, either. I've been using FMRTE for years, largely for experimentation to glean better understanding of the match engine in special saves just for that purpose - as well as the occasional rename of a newgen. Sure, you could just give them a nickname, but it's not as authentic...

Last year I had Honor Harrington as a deep-lying playmaker. My, you know, midfield admiral. :D

I also had a Jean-Luc Picard up front for a while...

lol "unfair to people" how is anyones personal game unfair to people not useing the editor, how is it cheating, who cares about the leaderboards anyway?

It's an editor to allow you to taylor the game as you feel fit, just as the pregame editor does, it does no harm and cheats no one.

It's unfair to anyone who does care about leaderboards. There's considerable irony to you saying people should be allowed to play the way they want, then say that no-one cares about the leaderboards. There are people who do, and it's obvious that people can use the IGE to boost their way to the top.

You don't make it very easy for people to give you money do you.

Was going to buy the editor. By the time I have managed to turn all the settings on I need to I was close to quitting. Now the store is just hanging at processing, please wait. Just had to force quit.

It's unfair to anyone who does care about leaderboards. There's considerable irony to you saying people should be allowed to play the way they want, then say that no-one cares about the leaderboards. There are people who do, and it's obvious that people can use the IGE to boost their way to the top.

If you edit one thing in a game, your removed from the leaderboard for that save. Simple really. You cannot use the SI editor to boost you up the leader boards.

If you edit one thing in a game, your removed from the leaderboard for that save. Simple really. You cannot use the SI editor to boost you up the leader boards.

I know you can't. Agree my post wasn't particularly clear on that. It was a reply to a post where apparently no-one cares about leaderboards. But then given they're irrelevant in terms of the IGE, it's a bit of a moot point, agree.

Experimented further - seems like training, youth and corporate changes show up while junior coaching and youth recruitment do not get reflected
I think this might be a caching issue, it definitely seems to be updated the values. If you continue the game the changes should be reflected on the information screen

Still not getting anything showing up when editing junior coaching or youth recruitment. Clearing the cache makes no difference. Should put in a bug report?

• SI Staff
Still not getting anything showing up when editing junior coaching or youth recruitment. Clearing the cache makes no difference. Should put in a bug report?

No need, we had a bug report logged and I have fixed it internally (it is just cosmetic though, the correct values are set under the hood) - fix will be released via a future game update

with this editor is it possible to add to a player that he has been trained at a particular club/nation (between ages 15-21) also add a second nationality

and with 'transfering'' a player does any money exchange hands or is it matter of moving a player from club'A' to club 'B' and no money is involved, and is it instant or can you set dates as per transfer windows etc

thanks in advance

1) Can you edit the Homegrown status of a player? This has been asked a few times in this thread but there does not seem to be an answer anywhere?

2) So I can't I delete the editor? As many have suggested to pretend that it is not there. OK, I can do that. But can others see in an online game that I have the editor. Because I'm not sure if they can pretend that I don't have it. I want to get rid of it. I just wanted to edit the Home grown status of players in my own save but I don't even know how to do that.

with this editor is it possible to add to a player that he has been trained at a particular club/nation (between ages 15-21) also add a second nationality

and with 'transfering'' a player does any money exchange hands or is it matter of moving a player from club'A' to club 'B' and no money is involved, and is it instant or can you set dates as per transfer windows etc

thanks in advance

No, no, no, yes, yes, no.

Hi SI,

Is there any way to hide the editor and turn it off once you've bought it? Like I don't want it available for all my saves, and I'd like to be able to choose which for, especially if I'm doing a story. It takes away a lot of credibility with readers if they see a big spanner at the top of all my screenies!

Hi SI,

Is there any way to hide the editor and turn it off once you've bought it? Like I don't want it available for all my saves, and I'd like to be able to choose which for, especially if I'm doing a story. It takes away a lot of credibility with readers if they see a big spanner at the top of all my screenies!

It takes all of 5 seconds in Microsoft Paint to remove that spanner from any screen cap, FYI.

Thought I would post something I discovered using the IGE that may be too "spoilerish" for GD.

The amount of CA taken up by the weak foot attribute is absolutely crazy and is, at least for me, an actual game changer in terms of decision making. Let me explain.

I was doing an analysis of which attributes take up the most CA and how that relates to on-the-pitch results. While I was testing the visible attributes it was very tough for me to come up with the weights because every player was different. On one, my formula worked to within a point or two (basically, rounding) and on the next guy given all other variables were the same, the formula was off by 10 or 15 points. Well, I came to find out the most costly attribute towards the CA allotment is the weak foot attribute.

So then my question was, does it's value in CA translate to value on the pitch and after two season, I am confident that the resounding answer is "No".

A player having a "strong" weak foot is all but pointless because it takes up so much CA that could be better spent on the truly visible attributes. Just a small sample, but take a winger for instance. A winger with only a "Reasonable" weak foot has sacrificed 7 visible points of Acceleration/Pace (they are weighted the same) (i.e. instead of being 16/17, he's 13/13). Or he's sacrificed 7 points of crossing, or 14 (!) points of dribbling. Or some combination of above. And in multiple full seasons of playing/testing this out, having higher visible attributes provides significantly better results (even in the central positions) on the pitch then even above-average weak footers.

Anyways, something I found truly staggering and thought I would share as food for thought.

A player with a only a 150 CA can be a beast of a player if you simply just make his weak foot a 1 and let the game recalculate his attributes.

Thought I would post something I discovered using the IGE that may be too "spoilerish" for GD.

The amount of CA taken up by the weak foot attribute is absolutely crazy and is, at least for me, an actual game changer in terms of decision making. Let me explain.

I was doing an analysis of which attributes take up the most CA and how that relates to on-the-pitch results. While I was testing the visible attributes it was very tough for me to come up with the weights because every player was different. On one, my formula worked to within a point or two (basically, rounding) and on the next guy given all other variables were the same, the formula was off by 10 or 15 points. Well, I came to find out the most costly attribute towards the CA allotment is the weak foot attribute.

So then my question was, does it's value in CA translate to value on the pitch and after two season, I am confident that the resounding answer is "No".

A player having a "strong" weak foot is all but pointless because it takes up so much CA that could be better spent on the truly visible attributes. Just a small sample, but take a winger for instance. A winger with only a "Reasonable" weak foot has sacrificed 7 visible points of Acceleration/Pace (they are weighted the same) (i.e. instead of being 16/17, he's 13/13). Or he's sacrificed 7 points of crossing, or 14 (!) points of dribbling. Or some combination of above. And in multiple full seasons of playing/testing this out, having higher visible attributes provides significantly better results (even in the central positions) on the pitch then even above-average weak footers.

Anyways, something I found truly staggering and thought I would share as food for thought.

A player with a only a 150 CA can be a beast of a player if you simply just make his weak foot a 1 and let the game recalculate his attributes.

Position also affects Attribute weighting.

I did very similar testing and found the same thing! Although acceleration and pace are probably the biggest attributes in terms of points.

SPOILER ALERT- (highlight the space below to read)

I made Walcott's speed 15/15 and his suggested CA dropped from 16something (162 i think) to 138. Which explains why the game thinks he's such a good player despite his rubbish technical and mental stats.

I wish they would though. I don't even have paint on my mac, or photoshop for that matter either.

Please do something SI, some way to turn it OFF for whatever save we want so that it is not visible on our screens, and then make it so that if we do turn it on and edit anything, we get removed from the leaderboards.

This may be me being incredibly stupid, but has the in-game editor replaced the more conventional Football Manager editor, the one where you have to make a new save for your changes to take effect and isn't 'in-game'?

If so, I'm disappointed. If not, I'm delighted.

I agree with him.

Can SI create a saved-game editor for FM2014 which similar as the

official data editor (neither not FMRTE nor in-game editor),

which loads all datas of the saved-game file (*.fm) and can be

edited and saved.

I agree with him.

Can SI create a saved-game editor for FM2014 which similar as the

official data editor (neither not FMRTE nor in-game editor),

which loads all datas of the saved-game file (*.fm) and can be

edited and saved.

No they won't be but the official pre game editor is still there for free as always.

No they won't be but the official pre game editor is still there for free as always.

Why not?

Yes, the pre game data editor is great.

However, I would like to have a saved-game editor and willing to pay it such as in-game editor which required payment.

Please SI, wish my dream come true.

Why not?

Yes, the pre game data editor is great.

However, I would like to have a saved-game editor and willing to pay it such as in-game editor which required payment.

Please SI, wish my dream come true.

Because there is a lot that cannot be edited once the game has started, not without causing huge issues in other parts of the game.

Hi SI,

This. Wouldn't have purchased had I known it couldn't have been disabled. Basically means I can't post any screenshots, anywhere. Not messing around with paint and don't know anything about changing skins, so for now I'm restricted in stuff that I wish to share, or help others, or bounce ideas etc. I've got the will power to ignore it, but thats not the point. People will see that little spanner in your SS and regardless if its your main save that you've not edited anything on, no one is going to believe you.

Not a biggy, just dont like being restricted. Wish there had been a warning message before purchase.

Been around game forums for long enough to know that any credibility to your screenies goes out of the window if people see any sign your not playing 100% clean. You will always have some people who say "what does it matter to you if he is/has cheated?" and others that are holier than thou.

If you've edited anything in a current save then have the spanner showing. If you've not edited anything then no spanner shows. I find it a little strange SI didn't think about having a disabling option and it only became apparent it should have been included when people realised that that option wasn't there. Hopefully they will give us that option soon.

On another forum there was a guy, who was boasting how the game was too easy this year. His squad seemed too good for a second season, and I was unconsciously thinking that he was a cheat. I'm pretty sure the editor logo wasn't helping to prove his point. Nonetheless, I bought the editor myself as this enables me to make experiments and finally understand how certain things work in the game with the assurance that it has a minimal chance to break the game.

I like the checkbox idea before starting a save named: ”use IGE”. Time will tell if I have enough willpower for my proper save. But the fact that I’m posting here instead of working, shows my proneness for impulsive decisions. Cheated once in my whole FM career out of sheer utter frustration (reloaded), and I couldn’t convince myself to play my 12 year career anymore, FM players in my entourage are reluctant to buy this editor out of self-protection.

Keep up the good work SI, you have made a step in the right direction and I have faith that a lot of the excellent suggestions in this thread will be implemented in future versions. I personally appreciate the quality over quantity approach.

Archived