The Sammarinese Challenge.

Serie B

I am amazed to say that we've done it again, with 2 games to spare this time. I'm absolutely baffled by this as we seem to just have average players playing out of their skin. I'll show you Giuseppe Giovinco's profile just to give you an idea of what I mean here! This is far better achievement than last year, both due to automatic promotion being achieved and the fact I don't have any stars and leaders like Corradi, Zambelli & Motta on FM14. Here's the most different stat from the Serie B campaign on FM15, which just delights me. Now it's a case of a massive overhaul to prevent utter embarrassment next season.

Italian Cup

We were unlucky to draw Fiorentina away in the third qualifying round, so went out in only our second game in this one.

Youth Intake 2016

We had one high potential player come through again, though I'm not completely convinced by his attribute balance. Here is Claudio Francioni. We also had 2 or 3 (2* potential) midfielder come through this season, hopefully they can develop to their potential and add much needed depth to a key position of the NT.

Youth Devlopment

Here's Volpinari at present, he is developing well and playing a fair amount already.

Congratulations coady, you are doing very well.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm now the proud owner of FM15 and it's strange to think that this is now my ninth year as a Football Manager fan! Also strangely enough, I've never attempted to take on such a challenge as this, although I do have experience as a youth intake only manager, and seeing as that's largely what this challenge will be about, I'm hoping that experience will help me :)

I started a quick save with San Marino about a month back with FM14, but I never actually posted my progress (didn't see the point) as it was only a quick save. I did very well considering and also managed to get a draw with the National side in the first season.

Moving on to FM15, I have again chosen to have the dual job (rather than wait) and hopefully I can have some early success along the same lines as my FM14 save. I haven't yet decided on how I will set the team up, but I will definitely be looking to build the team around Mattia Stefanelli (who will also be promoted to the National squad).

AD64A7EBABBBD15DFC58513C5D080E185B31C792

Welcome mikenevo good luck!

Well done on getting back to back promotions coady, really good achievement. Francioni will definitely be a useful addition for the NT, have you had any decent defenders through yet? Was Francioni SMR only aswell?

Yeah, Francioni wasn't DN either luckily. Not had one defender yet, though one of the amateur teams produced a decent one who I've poached to develop. The loss of co-ownership deals is hitting me hard in this transfer window so far!

League Table - Not bad at all considering we were mid table at halfway. Went on a couple of 5 or 6 game winning streaks towards the end of the season.

Playoffs - Got mugged by Venezia in the first playoff match. Not helped by having two defenders injured, two more suspended and one on U19 duty with Italy (my right back, who has now been sold to Lazio for £550k + 40%). Pretty hopeful we can go better next season and win promotion.

Serie C Cup - 1 loss, 1 draw and out.

Youth Candidates - Not much quality there, particularly for San Marino, Vincenzo Viviani is the pick, but he is Italian only and not particularly good anyway!

National Team - 3-1 defeat in Estonia and 2-0 defeat in Lithuania was as good as it got in qualifiers. Two rather embarrasing draws, 2-2 with Anguilla and 1-1 with Somalia, then we finally won a match against British Virgin Islands 3-1.

Overall fairly happy, looking to get us promoted next season, and hoping maybe the national team can stay within one goal of either Estonia or Lithuania in the home qualifiers.

Good work Coady, looks like you've whipped them into shape pretty quickly!

Good work Coady, looks like you've whipped them into shape pretty quickly!

I've given up in mid July now, I'm unable to offer more than 6k a week to a player and am unable to sign anyone of even top second division standard. I've gone all out for Leonardo as my new DoF and put him in charge of all transfers (except confirmation), so I'll see if he can work any miracles. If not, this could become an embarrassing year for us!

Looks like you are in a good position to go up next season Reggiana, I think my second promotion has come too quickly this time around.

Well done guys, everyone seems to be doing very well in the new iteration of FM. I am going to continue with FM14 until I at least win something. I haven't had much time to finish off the season, however I am getting my knee operated on in a few days so should have plenty of time then for a week or two while I have time off work :)

Season 2021-22 Match Day 38

We dropped 3 points that we really had in the bag, letting Roma score two late goals to beat us 2-1 after being 1-0 up and looking comfortable. That essentially ended our run for the title, and we dropped points against Inter and Juventus, both games 1-1 draws. We also lost consentration in our final game and lost 3-2 to Pescara and as a result, sucumbed second place to Fiorentina on the final day. Had we won the Roma game, the title race would of come down to the wire, as Juventus dropped some big games including a 4-0 loss to Atalanta.

Either way though, it was a fantastic season, clinching Champions League with 3 games to go. Something that I was not even contemplating achieving until we hit the halfway mark of the season. Remarkable how the side came together, and a few signings in the right areas should really give us a side that could fight for the Title, if we can carry this form over to the next season.

We have a young side too, so the players should be able to only get better from here.

| Pos   | Inf   | Team       |       | Pld   | Won   | Drn   | Lst   | For   | Ag    | G.D.  | Pts   | 
| ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| 1st   | ECC   | Juventus   |       | 38    | 23    | 11    | 4     | 64    | 23    | +41   | 80    | 
| ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| 2nd   | ECC   | Fiorentina |       | 38    | 22    | 7     | 9     | 71    | 47    | +24   | 73    | 
| 3rd   | ECC   | San Marino |       | 38    | 20    | 12    | 6     | 69    | 42    | +27   | 72    | 
| 4th   | ECC   | Udinese    |       | 38    | 18    | 13    | 7     | 64    | 44    | +20   | 67    | 
| 5th   | EC    | A.C. Milan |       | 38    | 20    | 7     | 11    | 57    | 33    | +24   | 67    | 
| 6th   | EC    | Inter      |       | 38    | 17    | 12    | 9     | 72    | 42    | +30   | 63    | 
| 7th   | EC    | Roma       |       | 38    | 18    | 9     | 11    | 54    | 44    | +10   | 63    | 
| 8th   |       | Palermo    |       | 38    | 18    | 9     | 11    | 63    | 59    | +4    | 63    | 
| 9th   |       | Cagliari   |       | 38    | 16    | 7     | 15    | 59    | 58    | +1    | 55    | 
| 10th  |       | Atalanta   |       | 38    | 12    | 17    | 9     | 64    | 56    | +8    | 53    | 
| 11th  |       | Empoli     |       | 38    | 15    | 8     | 15    | 57    | 57    | 0     | 53    | 
| 12th  |       | Lazio      |       | 38    | 14    | 10    | 14    | 56    | 61    | -5    | 52    | 
| 13th  |       | Catania    |       | 38    | 14    | 7     | 17    | 49    | 66    | -17   | 49    | 
| 14th  |       | Napoli     |       | 38    | 13    | 9     | 16    | 59    | 61    | -2    | 48    | 
| 15th  |       | Torino     |       | 38    | 11    | 8     | 19    | 45    | 56    | -11   | 41    | 
| 16th  |       | Sampdoria  |       | 38    | 10    | 8     | 20    | 43    | 62    | -19   | 38    | 
| 17th  |       | Pescara    |       | 38    | 10    | 5     | 23    | 46    | 65    | -19   | 35    | 
| 18th  | R     | Modena     |       | 38    | 8     | 4     | 26    | 39    | 80    | -41   | 28    | 
| 19th  | R     | Novara     |       | 38    | 6     | 8     | 24    | 48    | 79    | -31   | 26    | 
| 20th  | R     | Parma      |       | 38    | 5     | 9     | 24    | 37    | 81    | -44   | 24    | 

Season 2021-22 Summary

I was very impressed with the squad this year around, especially up front. Our front four led the way with double digits for goals, and had the highest assist ratings in the squad.

If anything, our improvement needs to come in our backline. We had a good defensive year, but still let in too many soft and late goals, Pescara and Roma at the end of the season being a prime example.

The likes of Carraro have gone, and we are trying to get rid of some dead weight for stronger depth as injuries also seemed to cause us a bit of trouble this year.

The new stadium will also be ready, so this should see more revenue to put towards facilities, and also improved over club structure with youth recruitment, facilities and grounds.

Next season will be very exciting for the side, as I am also expecting this to help aid us in our quest to stay relevant, especially with the added Champions League ties to contend with.

| Pkd  | Inf  | Name                | Apps    | Gls  | Ast  | PoM  | Pas R| Tck  | DrbPG| Sh T | Yel  | Red  | Av Rat | 
| --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| GK   |      | Giacomo Venturi     | 44      | 4    | 0    | 2    | 92%  | -    | -    | 100% | 0    | 0    | 7.08   | 
| --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| DR   |      | Thomas van der Pol  | 31 (4)  | 0    | 4    | 1    | 85%  | 2.82 | 0.78 | 40%  | 11   | 0    | 7.04   | 
| DCR  |      | Giuseppe Prestia    | 34      | 2    | 0    | 0    | 78%  | 3.31 | 0.18 | 31%  | 6    | 0    | 6.85   | 
| DCL  | Inj  | Jan Ondrusek        | 38      | 2    | 1    | 1    | 72%  | 3.81 | 0.60 | 18%  | 4    | 1    | 6.88   | 
| DL   |      | Amedeo Benedetti    | 42      | 0    | 2    | 2    | 87%  | 3.98 | 0.67 | 25%  | 7    | 0    | 7.05   | 
| MCR  | Wnt  | John Zimmerman      | 43 (1)  | 7    | 6    | 5    | 84%  | 2.19 | 2.52 | 41%  | 3    | 0    | 7.08   | 
| MCL  |      | Jan Manders         | 35 (1)  | 1    | 1    | 1    | 89%  | 3.37 | 0.54 | 26%  | 5    | 0    | 6.87   | 
| AMR  |      | Darko Hrncevic      | 35      | 11   | 10   | 2    | 83%  | 1.54 | 4.11 | 51%  | 2    | 0    | 7.21   | 
| AMC  | Wnt  | Niccolò Morra       | 42      | 11   | 16   | 5    | 81%  | 1.59 | 1.97 | 35%  | 6    | 0    | 7.22   | 
| AML  |      | Damián Scoppettuolo | 43      | 12   | 13   | 6    | 80%  | 1.97 | 3.31 | 58%  | 4    | 0    | 7.12   | 
| STC  | Slt  | Fabián Villalba     | 42      | 16   | 7    | 2    | 78%  | 1.00 | 0.67 | 48%  | 1    | 0    | 6.87   | 
| S1   | Ret  | Germán Lux          | -       | -    | -    | -    | -    | -    | -    | -    | -    | -    | -      | 
| S2   | Slt  | Cristian Zapata     | 5 (1)   | 0    | 0    | 0    | 77%  | 4.28 | 0.58 | 0%   | 0    | 0    | 6.62   | 
| S3   | Lst  | Hubert Simon        | 6 (5)   | 0    | 2    | 0    | 85%  | 3.41 | 0.62 | 0%   | 0    | 0    | 6.88   | 
| S4   | Slt  | Marco Maini         | 8       | 0    | 0    | 0    | 76%  | 2.19 | 0.26 | 33%  | 1    | 0    | 6.43   | 
| S5   | Lst  | Ivan Rondanini      | 3 (5)   | 0    | 0    | 0    | 85%  | 3.80 | 0.21 | -    | 2    | 0    | 6.75   | 
| S6   | Slt  | Andrea Pandolfi     | 0 (3)   | 0    | 0    | 0    | 88%  | -    | -    | 100% | 0    | 0    | 6.80   | 
| S7   | Slt  | Alex Jakubiak       | 1 (24)  | 2    | 0    | 0    | 71%  | 0.00 | 0.52 | 50%  | 0    | 0    | 6.85   | 
| S8   | Lst  | Gianluca Draghetti  | 4 (9)   | 2    | 2    | 0    | 84%  | 1.32 | 3.77 | 57%  | 1    | 0    | 7.00   | 
| S9   | Lst  | David Ivan          | 0 (4)   | 0    | 0    | 0    | 89%  | 0.00 | -    | -    | 0    | 0    | 6.70   | 
| S10  |      | Pietro Urso Russo   | 0 (2)   | 0    | 0    | 0    | 82%  | 0.00 | -    | -    | 0    | 0    | 6.70   | 
| S11  | Slt  | Stéphane Durand     | 0 (7)   | 0    | 0    | 0    | 88%  | 2.31 | 1.15 | 0%   | 0    | 0    | -      | 
| S12  |      | Sander Vermeulen    | 12 (14) | 1    | 1    | 0    | 85%  | 1.74 | 0.53 | 38%  | 2    | 0    | 6.84   | 
| -    | Inj  | Roberto Ruggiu      | 0 (3)   | 0    | 0    | 0    | 88%  | -    | -    | -    | 0    | 0    | -      | 
| -    | Trn  | Pat Douglas         | 15 (8)  | 0    | 0    | 1    | 85%  | 5.47 | 0.83 | -    | 1    | 0    | 6.98   | 
| -    | Inj  | Juan Cruz Arcos     | 0 (11)  | 0    | 1    | 0    | 80%  | -    | 3.00 | 33%  | 0    | 0    | 6.75   | 
| -    |      | Matteo Balducci     | -       | -    | -    | -    | -    | -    | -    | -    | -    | -    | -      | 
| -    | Yth  | Michele Bindi       | 0 (1)   | 0    | 0    | 0    | 100% | -    | -    | -    | 0    | 0    | -      | 

Well the National Team

Our First Competitive Point An unbelievable feeling to do this. On my 14 save I took over the NT when they were improving (and we had Gibralter in a group) so the first point didnt feel anywhere near this good.

And well, Ive never been more gutted playing FM. We were miraculously 2-0 up at half time. A penalty, a 25 yarder and a 93rd minute free kick later. Gutted is the only word.

We have moved up 10 places in the WR which is a bonus though! :D

Season 2022-21 Pre Season

Before anyone has been transferred, we had a few players leave. This was probably one of our saddest windows as we had to let go some of the clubs heroes. Some wanted to go, while others just couldn't cut it.

Gianluca Draghetti

Decided to leave the club on a free transfer, looking for a new challenge, but I was able to bring him back into the side at 7k a week. Glad to have our one time captain back, and at only 28 he still has a lot to offer and a squad rotational player.

Luca Veratti

Went out on loan last year after struggling to make the squad for the last two seasons, but at one stage was a key player for the side. His San Marino career ended with 51 goals and 47 assists in 197 first team matches. He is only 29 but his time at San Marino in a playing capacity is at an end, but he will be wished the best of luck from the club he helped bring to the Serie A.

Marco Maini

The youg defender was picked up in my first season in charge of the club and had 5 solid seasons in his 8 year stay at the club. He notched up 192 matches in all competitions and managed 8 goals and 2 assists in his 8 year stay. His best season in 2016-17 saw him hit the net twice, with 2 assists and 4 Player of the Match performances. He picked up 27 yellows and 1 red as a dependent and fair defender. At 27 years old, he still has plenty of playing time left should he find a club.

Francesco Di Tacchio

Was released after spending the last two seasons out on loan. Being 32, he was always going to struggle to make the squad, being a Serie B calibre player, but his last season out on loan was great, scoring 4 and assisting 5 in 37 games at a rating of 7.15. He managed 7 goals and 10 assists with San Marino in 105 appearances over 5 years.

Ivan Rondanini

An AC Milan youth player, Rondanini is only 27 with his career stretches back to 2001 as a 6 year old at Bustese. The prodigy was a solid player in our defence for a number of years, making 115 appearances. He scored 4 goals and managed 6 assists while picking up 30 yellow cards as one of our more aggressive defenders over the years.

Christian Zapata

The 35 year old was a great head in the backline for 2 seasons before becoming more of backroom presence in his final season. He made 70 appearances in his first 2 seasons and totaled 76 appearances in his time at the club. He managed 4 goals and 2 assists from defence and was very solid, only picking up 16 yellows in all competitions over the 3 years.

Transfers

The transfer window came to an end and I realised that despite Leonardo's best efforts, we will need a major miracle to stay up. Loan signing of first season hero Bonazzoli and Romania RB Nica were our only players rated current Serie A standard by coaches. October addition of Kaboul adds a third to that. I'm now hoping this low-budget squad can gel together and give us a good chance of coming straight back up if we're to go down.

Club Games

After 7 league games we have 5 points, 18th on Goal Difference, though we haven't played any big sides yet. We won our first Italian cup game as expected.

National Team

An earlier historic moment, thanks to a perfect counter attacking performance at Home to Latvia.

Season 2022-23 Match Day 10

We have had another unbeaten start to the season, but we are just not putting the teams to the sword that we need to. Draws against the likes of Fiorentina are great results, but draws against Sassuolo are not. We have picked up 6 to start the season which is not good enough, and we have dropped 12 points, 8 of which were 2 lost as opposed to 1 gained in my opinion.

Either way, my aim this season is top half finish, so if we can keep this up, we will again go above and beyond expectations.

Champions League is another story though, as we drew 3-3 with Galatasaray in game one, but lost 3-0 to Arsenal and 3-1 to Real Madrid. We are really fighting for third, and the chance to go through in the Europa rounds.

| Pos   | Inf   | Team       |       | Pld   | Won   | Drn   | Lst   | For   | Ag    | G.D.  | Pts   | 
| 1st   |       | Juventus   |       | 10    | 6     | 3     | 1     | 18    | 7     | +11   | 21    | 
| 2nd   |       | Fiorentina |       | 10    | 6     | 3     | 1     | 14    | 5     | +9    | 21    | 
| 3rd   |       | Roma       |       | 10    | 5     | 4     | 1     | 18    | 10    | +8    | 19    | 
| 4th   |       | Inter      |       | 10    | 5     | 4     | 1     | 23    | 17    | +6    | 19    | 
| 5th   |       | Udinese    |       | 10    | 5     | 4     | 1     | 14    | 9     | +5    | 19    | 
| 6th   |       | San Marino |       | 10    | 4     | 6     | 0     | 14    | 5     | +9    | 18    | 
| 7th   |       | Atalanta   |       | 10    | 4     | 4     | 2     | 15    | 14    | +1    | 16    | 
| 8th   |       | Pescara    |       | 10    | 5     | 1     | 4     | 15    | 14    | +1    | 16    | 
| 9th   |       | Napoli     |       | 10    | 4     | 3     | 3     | 16    | 19    | -3    | 15    | 
| 10th  |       | A.C. Milan |       | 10    | 4     | 2     | 4     | 14    | 10    | +4    | 14    | 
| 11th  |       | Cagliari   |       | 10    | 3     | 4     | 3     | 19    | 16    | +3    | 13    | 
| 12th  |       | Catania    |       | 10    | 4     | 0     | 6     | 11    | 20    | -9    | 12    | 
| 13th  |       | Torino     |       | 10    | 2     | 4     | 4     | 8     | 12    | -4    | 10    | 
| 14th  |       | Cesena     |       | 10    | 2     | 3     | 5     | 9     | 13    | -4    | 9     | 
| 15th  |       | Sassuolo   |       | 10    | 1     | 6     | 3     | 10    | 15    | -5    | 9     | 
| 16th  |       | Sampdoria  |       | 10    | 2     | 2     | 6     | 11    | 14    | -3    | 8     | 
| 17th  |       | Empoli     |       | 10    | 1     | 5     | 4     | 13    | 17    | -4    | 8     | 
| 18th  |       | Palermo    |       | 10    | 1     | 4     | 5     | 13    | 19    | -6    | 7     | 
| 19th  |       | Lazio      |       | 10    | 1     | 4     | 5     | 3     | 10    | -7    | 7     | 
| 20th  |       | Chievo     |       | 10    | 0     | 4     | 6     | 12    | 24    | -12   | 4     | 
|       |       |            |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |       | 

I've just started with San Marino, but only the club. My plan is to get into the game, and when the NT manager gets fired, i'll hopefully get it.

Unfortunatly leonavich is correct. I did the same on FM14 and ended up creating a manager to remove the NT manager and then applying. On the positive side the FA are just as lenient with a human manager in charge!!

Unfortunatly leonavich is correct. I did the same on FM14 and ended up creating a manager to remove the NT manager and then applying. On the positive side the FA are just as lenient with a human manager in charge!!

Then I might have to start over. Haven't played much since I created the save, so i dont lose that much.

KVJ92 I don't think you will need to start over to take over the National Squad. I presume this still works in FM15, but you start a second manager (you still keep your Club Side Manager also), make this new manager the Coach of the San Marino NT, then resign. Then you only have your Club manager, then with him you apply for the now vacant manager position of the NT Squad.

That's what I ended up doing in FM14, as I took over the NT much later into my save.

Competitions

After our first day win in Serie A I'm afraid things took a turn for the worse, we did not win any of the following 15 league games to remain bottom of the league at the winter break. Fortunately, we managed a late flurry of draws to keep in touch with the others, staying just 4 points from safety. We also went out in the Italian Cup First round.

After the winter break our fortunes turned! We managed to sign Bryan Oviedo who joined Kaboul to make a much meaner defence. Since then, we have been on an amazing 11 match unbeaten run, including 6 victories, to leave us 14th and 9 points clear of the relegation zone. Note that Giovinco has hugely over performed once more and is assist leader in Serie A somehow. Although we have a tough finish to the season, I hope we have done enough to hang on and secure a huge financial boost from survival.

Youth Intake

We have just had youth intake day, fairly early again. We have managed to develop one good prospect this year, Sammarinese forward Simone Bianchi. He has the potential to be a decent Serie A player in future, so hopefully he will be a good addition to the NT that is now placed 168th in the world rankings.

I'm definitely being a bit dim, but in FM15 I'm struggling to see how I can do a San Marino C&C. I choose the club and country option and can become the manager of San Marino the club, but I can't see a way of becoming manager of the country San Marino? It's not in the list of popular countries stated, so I am having to search for San Marino and once on the squad page (and I can see a full playing squad) I can't find an option to choose San Marino. Pressing 'add manager' takes you back to the country picker. I only have the Italian league loaded but thought that would be sufficient.

Any ideas?

I started this challenge, but I may hold on and wait until a Sammarinese Campionato has been created. I don't know why, it just doesn't feel the same not having San Marino loaded up.
I've already made it, and it's been uploaded here. It's basically just an update of last years version with a couple of changes here and there.

I'm definitely being a bit dim, but in FM15 I'm struggling to see how I can do a San Marino C&C. I choose the club and country option and can become the manager of San Marino the club, but I can't see a way of becoming manager of the country San Marino? It's not in the list of popular countries stated, so I am having to search for San Marino and once on the squad page (and I can see a full playing squad) I can't find an option to choose San Marino. Pressing 'add manager' takes you back to the country picker. I only have the Italian league loaded but thought that would be sufficient.

Any ideas?

Which nations does it give you to choose in the nation select screen after you have selected the SM club side?

Hmm, supposedly they have been fixed, but Ive seen around 30 pens in my save (no PSOs) and not seen one either missed nor saved so I have my reservations

I've had two missed the last season I played, one over and one wide. Not to count Gil Muntadas missing two of them straight at the keeper..

Which nations does it give you to choose in the nation select screen after you have selected the SM club side?

Hi Dan,

Thanks for responding. The nation selector screen gives me a choice of 37 (?) popular countries from across the World. It's in alphabetical order and under 'S' I have: Scotland, Senegal, Serbia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland.

Mentioned it in the 'How Do I? thread' in General Discussion but Hunt3r couldn't do it either, though I know it's possible because there are YouTube videos of people playing a San Marino CC!

How have others managed it?!

I just change the database size to 'advanced', and add in everything san marino before loading a new game. Then I always have the option to select the national team and all of their current players.

I just change the database size to 'advanced', and add in everything san marino before loading a new game. Then I always have the option to select the national team and all of their current players.

Bingo. Thanks Coady, that worked.

This is going to be fun.

Guys, i'm considering starting this challenge aswell, but before i wanted to clear something up. You need to start as the San Marino Calcio that plays in the Italian leagues right? So no San Marino based clubs are allowed?
Its not against the rules. I would imagine progress would be an awful lot slower due to having less money etc. It could well be a really fun challenge to raise the SM league up to the best in the world aswell. Good luck whichever way you choose though

2016 Youth Candidates - Still nothing to special through, Elia Rossitto is the pick but isn't Sanmarinese, Roberto Mularoni & Gabriele Bugli are the best Sanmarinese players, look good enough to get the odd match but nothing special.

Level top with 9 games to go in the league, but finances are in a state, so I can't see us being able to upgrade the facilities until we get into Serie B. Hopefully we'll make it.

Guys, i'm considering starting this challenge aswell, but before i wanted to clear something up. You need to start as the San Marino Calcio that plays in the Italian leagues right? So no San Marino based clubs are allowed?

I did this method a bit (in that I was no where near "completing" the challenge) last year. I just about got Domagnano into the Champions League group stage after many years, you have many problems basically. You need to play in Europe for several seasons in a row in order to get enough money to go semi-pro and then to go pro, there is no money in the league at all. This also slows down your investment in facilities so all your players are pretty rubbish most the time and worst of all is that if you do have a reasonable player Italian clubs will insult you with ridiculously low offers for your star players. Every nation has a modifier on player values so he may have a value of £1K playing for you in San Marino but as soon as he joins an Italian side that could jump to £1M but still they are only willing to offer £1K for him.

I'd advise against trying it this method basically, it doesn't even solve the dual national issues. You could always run the San Marino league alongside and sort of pump money into it but I don't know how effective that really is.

• 2 weeks later...

Serie A. Champions. After finishing runners-up in the last 2 seasons, we finally returned to the top of the pile, (as Napoli underperformed and only finished 5th). It is our 6th Serie A title in 8 years.

Champions League. Lost in the Semi Finals to PSG on pens (19-18). Each leg was 1-1 and it could have gone either way and went theirs. I've won a lot of penalty shootouts so I guess I just have to wear this, (although it does hurt).

Italian Cup. Lost in the Final to Atalanta on pens (4-2). A 2nd penalty loss in 1 season galls a bit, but meh, the Italian Cup is not exactly top of our list of priorities and it was good that it went to one of the lesser teams, (Atalanta finished 7th in Serie A this season).

World Club Championships. Not entered this season.

European Super Cup. Not entered this season.

U19's League. Champions. We had a bit of a ropey start in this competition this season, (managed by Bianch (SMR) (2014) remember), but he came good in the end and we romped the league, winning by a massive 11 points from Juve to make it 3 wins in succession.

U19's Cup. Champions. I've mentioned before that this is one of my favourite trophies to win each year. Despite that, (and possibly because of who he is), Bianch (SMR) (2014) manages them so I really have minimal input. We beat Napoli in the final and to be honest it was never in doubt, (making it 5 titles in succession).

Italian Youth Club Invitational. Champions. I obviously don't manage these games, (they come at a particularly busy time), but it's nice to win all the same. That's our 2nd win in succession, (and our 4th win in total).

U19 Champions League. Runners Up. I don't manage these games anymore, (I used to), but I still like to win them and it's obviously gutting when you lose any Final. The game was pretty even and we had our chances, but for whatever reason we didn't take them and Marseille ran out 4-1 winners. We have only won this competition once, (last season), so it was especially gutting to lose in the Final.

Summary. We now have 13 (SMR) players in our Senior squad playing a significant role. I'm not talking about 5 or so games a season here. I'm talking about regular members of the senior matchday squads. Some of them are not brilliant, but that sacrifice is just what I think I need to do to progress the save. Real life has been really busy recently so until this week I have had little/no time for FM hence the lack of an update and apologies for my absence from the thread. I am back playing again though, (albeit less often), but hope to get a proper read through of this thread over the weekend. If soem fo you could get some new updates done by then well great. I'm obviously continuing with FM14 rather than restarting with FM15 and at the moment this save is so great that FM15 holds little/no attraction for me.

Good luck to all.

not much interest in this this year

It could be that people are playing but just not updating. I was updating on my own for a fair bit last season only to find out that quite a few others were playing too but just not posting. Regular lengthy updates are not for everyone, (especially when the thread is not exactly heaving). Also, I know that some people don't like to start such a long-term save like this until at least the 1st patch is out, (is it?)

NT Mini Update Jun 2037.

Visentini (SMR) (2021) has become the highest capped player in San Marino NT history after collecting his 117th Cap. He has scored 44 goals which is pretty impressive from the left wing. You can see by his profile however that he is really not all that impressive and we are struggling to replace him on the left.

Qualifying for the 2038 World Cup seems to be going better than expected and with just 1 draw from 6 games, (including a win against France), things are looking pretty good. Our last qualifier is the return against France but with any luck we might have 1st place secured by then.

WorldCupGroup8Jun2037_zpscb863e65.png

wow just wow you are a god

I'm really not. :lol: At one point I went 10 full seasons without winning a competitive NT game.

The key to my limited success has been to really focus on tutoring and (SMR) player development, (at the expense of shorter term club goals). Although we won the 2036/37 Serie A title, we were runners up the previous 2 seasons simply because I sold some of my best players and replaced them with (SMR) nationality players who were of a poorer quality. This save is all about long term planning rather than short term titles.

Pretty sure Jimbo is still just playing his FM14 save.

When you get that far through a save, it's tough to give up on it. I have temporarily stopped playing FM, got back into another game. But I will try and upload the screenshots and do the season summaries for the last 1-3 seasons which I haven't done yet.

I am still around with my FM14 save but have been absent for a while.

I just wrapped up my 2022-23 season, finishing 4th and securing Champions League football. We made the Semi Finals of the UEFA Cup but lost out 4-2 on aggregate to Valencia.

Overall a pretty good season, but still no silverware in the top division just yet.

still crazy so thats the key do u get good regens now?

Yes. I am producing World Class regens now. If you look back over the thread you will see some, (or alternatively just keep reading and I am sure more will be along). I am indeed playing FM14, and will probably give FM15 a miss unless I lose my save or something, (which is unlikely with cloud saves now), but to be honest it doesn't really matter. By the time you get any real success in this type of save, real players have long since retired and everyone is playing with regens anyway so FM14 or FM15 is really by the by. (The only difference is the FM14 guys have been playing their saves longer). Whether San Marino or someone else, I am really only interested in playing 1 save, (even if that means changing sides within that save).

Daymor.

Would be good to see your updates. Sometimes all it takes is an update to get you bitten by the FM bug again. (What's the other game you are playing?)

Leon.

Good to see you still playing, (albeit less regularly). Sounds like a good season. 4th and Champions League football is a big step up. Well done.

Archived