How do I get the World Cup fixtures to show in FM2014

I can't seem to find the previous posts on how this is done. In previous years this was automatic but now I find it harder to track the world cup (or European championships) when they are on.

Please help?

Thanks!

FM2013****

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I have added the Fixtures by:

- FM Preferences - Preferences - Interface

- Add screen: World Cup, Matches | Fixtures and Results, Every day, All the time, Stop clock (no/evening)

However, this only shows the fixtures, when I would be much more interested in the results! Right now I only know the results the following day, when the next fixtures show and I move back to the results from that screen.

How do you configure it so you follow the match *results* ?

In FM14 I'm finding the during competition option disabled in matchflow screen. So opted for the subscription options. In manage subscriptions, look for cups, Choose world cup and tick match reports and choose all stages from dropdown. Should get all fixture results in your news feed.

Here's what you do to get around it. Takes a wee bit of time to set up, but works well.

Before the tournamant starts, go through every match day in the competition (1st round initially), and click to 'attend' one of the matches that day. When the particular day comes along, you'll be directed to the fixtures screen. When that happens, untick the attend option and press continue, and the next news item you get will be all the results of that day.

This continues until the group stages finish. Then just do the same for the later rounds.

Would be better if it worked the way it did on older versions of course, but that is a workaround.

Here's what you do to get around it. Takes a wee bit of time to set up, but works well.

Before the tournamant starts, go through every match day in the competition (1st round initially), and click to 'attend' one of the matches that day. When the particular day comes along, you'll be directed to the fixtures screen. When that happens, untick the attend option and press continue, and the next news item you get will be all the results of that day.

This continues until the group stages finish. Then just do the same for the later rounds.

Would be better if it worked the way it did on older versions of course, but that is a workaround.

this is just tooo much work...u know how much work i will have if i wanna have this option for another 10 competitions with so much more games then world cup...

this is just tooo much work...u know how much work i will have if i wanna have this option for another 10 competitions with so much more games then world cup...

You don't have to do it for every game, just every date that there are games on. You only have to click attend on one of the fixtures that day. Of course, this only works if your own team doesn't have a game on the same day.

Might sound a lot of work, but it only takes a few minutes to set up. I do it regularly for Euros/World Cup.

Not ideal, and there should be a more user friendly system, but at least it works.

Archived