FM14 data editor / FMC14 challenge editor / FM IGE confirmation

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators

RE - the Store. We're aware of the error codes and are looking into the issue, as it's generating errors for some users. For now all I can suggest is to keep trying. Apologies for the inconvenience this may have caused.

Don't seem to be able to find the in game editor anywhere? Do I need to download it and if so where?! Thanks

For the 50th time no doubt, Load up FM14, it's at the bottom where it says DOWNLOADS, click that. It's in there (Before you load your saved game)

Hi guys, was just after a little bit of advice... With the Pre-Game Editor, was wondering if you can play around with teams Kit Selections, for example, Newcastle play away to Sunderland and will wear there yellow Third Strip, would rather them play in Black & White, can this be changed? I'll post a screenshot...

r73bmb.png

3rd time of asking now - starting to get a little irritating with the lack of answer - can we use the kit selection function on the editor and alter the kit choices?

3rd time of asking now - starting to get a little irritating with the lack of answer - can we use the kit selection function on the editor and alter the kit choices?

I've played around with it for a bit and not found a way, so if there is one I'd be keen to know about it too.

Any chance of adding the recommended CA from the IGE to the pre-game editor? Would make mass player creation much simpler to balance :)

Still having problems to open the editor. It starts, but aborts immediately. Still wait for an editor update or are there any solutions?

Can I have a answer to my question please? Is there a way that I can run the editor? Is the issue known? Thanks for the reply

Can I have a answer to my question please? Is there a way that I can run the editor? Is the issue known? Thanks for the reply

You should delete the cache and preference files.

why when i make changes in editor, save changes dont they come into effect in a new game?

Can you post this in the Editor bugs forum here; http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/371-Pre-Game-and-In-Game-Editor and when you do so please attach the dbc/xml that you are using a give me a list of what changes you made so that I can compare. This is how to attach the file to our FTP http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/368795 Thanks

That is a display, not an edit function. However, the ability to edit somewhere on that is something to is being looked at for future versions.

Thank you, that is a function that would hugely interest me. Thank you.

Can't seem to open the editor, downloaded it in the tools menu via steam, but when I start FM up and click on downloads in the in-game menu it shows error 'Enable Steam community in game. I have ticked this in steam on the main settings, the FM14 settings and the FM editor settings but still no joy! Any tips??

• 3 weeks later...
To coincide with the introduction of Steam Workshop functionality into FM14 (http://steamcommunity.com/workshop), we’ve done a load of work on the Editor this year to make it both easier to use and more advanced.

Advanced competition rules are now editable (which means that it’s now possible to edit existing league structures within the FM database)

You can now create competitions with Golden/Silver Goal rules

It’s possible to create an end of season Super Cup

Competition rules can be set to be applicable to certain stages only

Seeding rules can now be applied to competitions

There is now an option to keep teams from same division apart in a competition draw

Teams eliminated from one competition can now be entered into another

Oh – and tool tips that will help explain some of the options in the editor that you might not understand.

Dear Sports Interactive/Miles Jacobson

From reading the above I understood that it was possible to "edit existing league structures" - So I wanted to edit the Danish system - Only thing I change was prize money and TV money... Testing it I got this messages: That to many teams was relegated from Italian Youth Cup...??? Strange... or just normal? Well then I changed language from Danish into English and testet again... Now everything was okay - so I wonder if there is a bug when using danish as language?

I have tried to redesign the Danish system from scratch adding almost the entire league system from top to bottom (still needs the last 3 levels, but as I cannot get the rest working no point in using time creating more than 500 clubs).

This meens that I have already created around 500 new teams (the real teams from the danish lower league system), updated the existing teams shirts/founded year and stuff like that - do you really have people assigned to do this? Then please hire me insteed because the really haven´t done there job well then!

But trying to connect everything it just doesn´t work - advanced editor tells me that to many team are relegated/promoted but really there is no problem in "normal" editor... Why all this trouble - am I stupid or is the advanced editor simply to "advanced"?

Could be really nice with a very good answer/help to my problem - or just a very good guide for the editor! - or you could assign me to your team - being a student at the moment doesn´t pay my bills - and at the age of 30 I would really enjoy having my big sparetime passion changed into a fulltime job - my wife and kids would be very pleased about this I reacon ;-)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Put Celtic in English Premiership and finished 2nd but didn't get into Champions league. Is there a particular reason for this?

Downloaded the in-game editor to see if that would help but it doesn't let you change teams in the champions league?

Put Celtic in English Premiership and finished 2nd but didn't get into Champions league. Is there a particular reason for this?

Downloaded the in-game editor to see if that would help but it doesn't let you change teams in the champions league?

You didn't set Celtic's continental competition nation to England, so they won't qualify no matter where they finish in England. The in-game editor won't let you change anything like that.

• 4 weeks later...
Dear Sports Interactive/Miles Jacobson

From reading the above I understood that it was possible to "edit existing league structures" - So I wanted to edit the Danish system - Only thing I change was prize money and TV money... Testing it I got this messages: That to many teams was relegated from Italian Youth Cup...??? Strange... or just normal? Well then I changed language from Danish into English and testet again... Now everything was okay - so I wonder if there is a bug when using danish as language?

I have tried to redesign the Danish system from scratch adding almost the entire league system from top to bottom (still needs the last 3 levels, but as I cannot get the rest working no point in using time creating more than 500 clubs).

This meens that I have already created around 500 new teams (the real teams from the danish lower league system), updated the existing teams shirts/founded year and stuff like that - do you really have people assigned to do this? Then please hire me insteed because the really haven´t done there job well then!

But trying to connect everything it just doesn´t work - advanced editor tells me that to many team are relegated/promoted but really there is no problem in "normal" editor... Why all this trouble - am I stupid or is the advanced editor simply to "advanced"?

Could be really nice with a very good answer/help to my problem - or just a very good guide for the editor! - or you could assign me to your team - being a student at the moment doesn´t pay my bills - and at the age of 30 I would really enjoy having my big sparetime passion changed into a fulltime job - my wife and kids would be very pleased about this I reacon ;-)

loved this post......the last part is priceless!!!, and many of us who use the editors forum regularly have been asking for a guide for the editor for some time and have even been prepared to assist with it (the advanced rules needs a full explanation, as there are countless threads asking for help with the same issues over and over...it also isn't working as it should i.e. editing continental fixture rules is totally not working and it should be resolved) I hope SI take the issues on board as it is a great product and with a few updates it will be a fantastic product

• 4 weeks later...
Is it possible to edit a continental competition/rules? I can only find way of editing nation rules. If I try to edit continental rules, it starts the whole process from scratch?
take a look at this thread you can see a work around on how to access continental comps(you set the comp to a nation) and edit some things without having to recreate the whole structure, SI should have made it easier but there you go http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/386307-Is-it-possible-to-edit-current-tournaments

I've got a new league system I want to put into place, but can't be bothered to go and remove all the old regional divisions in club information, then add the new ones. If I just mass edit all the teams and add their new regional divisions as '2013' it should work right?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Can anyone help? I've been looking around the editor to try ban a club from Europe for a year. Can't seem to find it anywhere, also was wanting to try find out how to reduce a clubs ban from Europe but if a can find the answer to the first question am sure I will be able to answer the second

Can anyone help? I've been looking around the editor to try ban a club from Europe for a year. Can't seem to find it anywhere, also was wanting to try find out how to reduce a clubs ban from Europe but if a can find the answer to the first question am sure I will be able to answer the second

If it's Rangers you're talking about, I'm pretty sure it's hard-coded. As for where it is in the editor, I'm not sure. I can't see it anywhere on the basic screens, but could be done with the advanced editor - best to ask on the editors forum to know for sure.

• 1 month later...

The IGE costs 3.99 and the Pre-game editor can be downloaded through the following steps for free:

Step 1: Open Steam

Step 2: Hover over the 'Library' button until the drop-down menu shows

Step 3: Click on 'Tools' from the drop-down menu

Step 4: Scroll down until you find 'Football Manager 2014 Editor'

Step 5: Double click 'Football Manager 2014 Editor' and follow the instructions to install it

• 1 month later...

Archived